Hole In Winter Pool Cover As I'm Trying To Remove It

JDTurk

I'm hoping someone may have had this problem and can lend some advice. As I was pumping the water off of my winter pool cover, I began to notice that the water in my pool was decreasing as well which made me realize that there is obviously a hole in the cover. The water in the pool is about a foot lower than it should be. My question is how I should now go about taking the cover off since pumping the water off of the cover is no longer an option? Should a person get each end of the cover and just pull it towards the other end of the pool? Would filling the pool to make up for the foot of water make this any easier? Thanks.

Scoop the debris off as best you can.

Sometimes, you can fold the deep end of the cover over to the shallow end to minimize the gook falling in or at least keep it at the shallow end where it is easier to get at with a vacuum.

Now you understand why a tarp cover is cheap compared to a safety cover where debris normally just blows off.

Scott