Help! Oh Error On Balboa System

Yes I'm sure your right "swine"

Sure it was the board as was the guy who replaced it. Just wanted to inform people of those awkward little black jumpers the sensors sit in.

Just glad to be up and running again... And hopefully this thread may help others in the future.

Thanks again

• 1 year later...

I purchased a forclosed home recently that had a spa and ran into the exact problem listed above, on what sounds like a nearly identical Balboa spa.

I screwed around with everything I could think of and read on this thread hoping I didnt have to buy a new board, or scrap the spa. I pulled all the connections off and on making sure they had good contact with no change in the problem.

Then I took a battery terminal cleaner (wire brush type that would fit in there) and scuffed the connections on the temp thing that mounts to the heating element, not the one on the side of the tub. They did not look very corroded, I was just willing to try anything at this point.

Flipped the breaker and all has worked well for 24 hours now!!! (fingers crossed and knock on wood!).

Hope this helps someone out.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...