Pool Pump Cavitates

dman2012

We have an inground pool i think its about 25,000 gallons, There was a two speed hayward motor 230V connected to a hayward filter DE with cartridges. on the pressure gauge on the bleed valve it cycles from 0 to 10 lbs.

These are a list of things we have done to try to fix it.

1. I replaced it with a used single speed centurion pump/motor and it does the same exact thing

2. we even dug out the concrete next to the pool and tried to see if there was a leak in the pipes right next to the pool

3. turn the valve on the pump to bypass the filter and it does the same thing

4. we had a tech out and they said to replace the motor/pump so that is why we tried a used pump just to see it does the same thing

5. we used a drain king at the skimmer and there is water flow from the skimmer to the pump

The only thing i can think of, is the pipe between the skimmer and the pump is broken/cracked/split somewhere?

Any ideas????

it has been very frustrating, we even replumbed all the piping at the pump when we put in the single speed pump

Thanks

Dennis

Does the pump fill so there is little to no air in it?

Did you let the air out of the filter?

Is there any significant height change or distance issue?

What models of gear are you using?

Scott