Jandy Aqua Link Rs Turns On Pool And Spa Lights W/o Any Programs

cnet2000

I Have a Jandy Aqualink RS, the pool and spa lights turn on without any scheduled programs. This has been happening ever since the pool was built in 2005. No pool guy has been able to figure out the problem. The following actions have proven a failure:

HARD REST

RESET, AND CLEAR ALL PROGRAMS

(THE HARD RESET IS WHEN YOU HOLD DOWN THE RESET BUTTON FOR 10 SECS AND TURN OF BREAKER WHILE STILL HOLDING BUTTON IT, THEN TURN POWER ON WHILE STILL HOLDING RESET BUTTON 10 SECS then lettting go)

DISABLED THE SPA SIDE CONTROL TO RULE OUT THAT AS WELL

The lights come on every night at around 9PM and off at around 11PM, i usually just turn it off by the remote.

Just so you know, there are 0 programs for the pool or spa lights, they just randomly come on without any program. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Those units have been out for a long time, and for the most part, have been pretty bullet proof. But now, like with everything else, time is taking its toll on these boards, and i'm starting to see things like this (bugs) which are not fixable. I would suggest that you call Jandy, and have one of their techs go through pretty much what you have already done. It may be wise to play dumb, and not tell him that you have done all the re-sets. If you do, and he senses that you are irritated for having to go though all that again, he may not want to help as much as he could, and would rather just move on (to the next customer).

My two cents...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have had phantom pool light and waterfall phantom issues for six months. I read this article since it is the ONLY one on the Internet that addresses or comes close to addressing the issue. I did a hard and soft reset; cleared out my handheld remote memory and reprogrammed it; pull ALL the pins and wires and cleaned each one and reinserted; and open up the remote attenna box and reset the sending and receiving signal. I made it TOO complicated! The four button spa switch inside the spa and partially under the water line is set via the menu/spa switch with four button assignments: spa; spa heat; pool light; waterfall. I reassigned the spa switch settings to take out the pool light and voila! No issue. I simply have an IN THE SPA itself push button control that has water in it and is shorting and sending a signal to the motherboard. I wanted to add this solution to this page since it took me four months to figure out and no one should have to wait that long!