Sam Light

StructEng

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the SAM Light? We have a 600 sq ft pool, but the interior will be cool blue pebble sheen (mostly white) I just hope that our new pool looks like the SAM brochures do.

I have SAM light for both the pool and spa. Looks pretty good to me. It is always difficult to know what it will look like after install but I think you will probably be happy with it.

I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with the SAM Light? We have a 600 sq ft pool, but the interior will be cool blue pebble sheen (mostly white) I just hope that our new pool looks like the SAM brochures do.

Hi In my experience SAM lights are great they actually will illuminate the water not the pool plaster but of couse the plaster color will come through a bit ( get ready to spend some $$$$ for the light and a bit more for install.... wish you luck and happiness.........did electric

• 3 weeks later...

Hi In my experience SAM lights are great they actually will illuminate the water not the pool plaster but of couse the plaster color will come through a bit ( get ready to spend some $$$$ for the light and a bit more for install.... wish you luck and happiness.........did electric

they actually use halogen bulbs, so they do a very good job at illuminating the pool.

better to install 2 of the smaller ones than one big one. spreads out the light. they can be synchronized easily so they are both the same color.

• 3 months later...

Sam lights are very nice to add color to your pool. However keep in mind the darker the color of plaster will not show your color as well. also size and shape of the pool is important. 600 s.q. ft. of pool is borderline for the sam it really comes down to how bright you want your pool to be. You could always install two.

Sam lights are made by Pentair and have a halogen bulb with a color wheel spinning in front of it. It,s nice but it changes colors slowly and ofcourse you can lock it in on any color. I want to let you know of another color light available. Hayward's color logic is a light with led technology it can flash diffrent light shows more like a discotechs light show and is very impressive. It has the same draw backs as far as size of pool and color of plaster. The problem you might have with obtaining it with your builder is they may not be able to get hayward. Some suppliers choose their manufacturers by how much incentive or rebate they get back at the end of the year. (http://www.haywardnet.com/PDF/ColoredLighting(Consumer).pdf) This is a link to theur color brochure. They have an info dvd on the light in action. I have a copy and am sure if you see it you would prefer it over the sam. You may ask your builder to check with their supplier for the dvd.