Buying Spas Online

SpaMan

Unfortunately in these days of crime,theft and deception there are Self proclaimed Professionals.Who have no credentials what so ever.If you are going to make a major purchase (I.E spa,) it is crucial to buy from a local established dealer.BEFORE BUYING OVER THE NET. YOU MUST:check out if the spa you are buying is infact listed with the accredited institue they claim to be associated with.For instance E.T.L or U.L these labels are easy to come by dishonestly,It is imperitive that you visit their sites to make certain that product is legitemately listed for E.T.L or U.L SAFETY standards.You may even want to call them.I know of one company who makes the E.T.L claim and it infact is not listed.This is fraudulant behavior and should be reported to consumer affairs.If the spa you buy is not listed as a complete unit and you install it at your home you may be breaking the law.In colorado it is illegal to install a spa with out a VALID E.T.L or U.L label.It is not acceptable for just componants to be listed, the whole unit must be listed and varified.(by contacting E.T.L or U.L.)

Background checks, There is a company who's owner has changed his name, he has a 12 page court record,had bankruptcy and breaks the law of installing spas without E.T.L or U.L.This has been reported to the authorities and in time he like many low life preditors will be out of business.Beware these guys can be cunnuing and misleading.The lies roll off of their tongue as if they do it every day that is because they do!

Legitimate Business,The internet preditors use the internet because they can't make it in the real world of business today.They use the net. because there is no accountability,they don't have to answer the phone,they can selectively answer e-mails.16 weeks to recieve your spa is rediculous,usually delays occur when the manufacture hasn't been paid and the preditor uses your deposit to pay for someone elses spa that they ordered 16 weeks ago.The problem is this,when robbing Peter to pay Paul the preditor only falls further behind and soon 16 weeks becomes 20 weeks.Some times it is the manufacturer who does this.That is the case right now in northern California.

Service after the sale:What does the internet preditor offer/Typically he offers "well we will just use someone in your area"What??? These spas are suppose to be dialed in and perfectly engineered, why would anyone trust just anyone in your area?Most of the time it is because these spas carry a `1 year warranty.This allows the preditor to not have to stick around and find out of the real problems his products have time and time again.Make sure the spa you buy covers parts and labor for at least 5 yrs.What happens if the master mind behind the spa you purchase dies (god forbid) To put your entire investment in 1 person is not a good investment.What if he one day files bankruptcy and changes the name of his product.You are without any recourse and your tub is a giant ashtray.

These are just a few of the scenarios' that I have come across and witnessed first hand.Many of the professionals you find are legite only one on the internet is really committing such fraud right now.For more information go to my web site and click on the Forum or just e-mail me from my website.www.***.com

I am in the spa industry and have been for 10 years .Every spa we sell is sold from a local dealer with local servicer.Remember the spa you buy is only as good as the dealer you buy from.So it is safe to say that every spa manufacturer may have a dealer in your are that does not have the right service for you.Do your homework on your potential dealer.If you are confortable with them an dlike their product.Buy it.Do Not Buy from a fraudulant internet preditor.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately in these days of crime,theft and deception there are Self proclaimed Professionals.Who have no credentials what so ever.If you are going to make a major purchase (I.E spa,) it is crucial to buy from a local established dealer.BEFORE BUYING OVER THE NET. YOU MUST:check out if the spa you are buying is infact listed with the accredited institue they claim to be associated with.For instance E.T.L or U.L these labels are easy to come by dishonestly,It is imperitive that you visit their sites to make certain that product is legitemately listed for E.T.L or U.L SAFETY standards.You may even want to call them.I know of one company who makes the E.T.L claim and it infact is not listed.This is fraudulant behavior and should be reported to consumer affairs.If the spa you buy is not listed as a complete unit and you install it at your home you may be breaking the law.In colorado it is illegal to install a spa with out a VALID E.T.L or U.L label.It is not acceptable for just componants to be listed, the whole unit must be listed and varified.(by contacting E.T.L or U.L.)

Background checks, There is a company who's owner has changed his name, he has a 12 page court record,had bankruptcy and breaks the law of installing spas without E.T.L or U.L.This has been reported to the authorities and in time he like many low life preditors will be out of business.Beware these guys can be cunnuing and misleading.The lies roll off of their tongue as if they do it every day that is because they do!

Legitimate Business,The internet preditors use the internet because they can't make it in the real world of business today.They use the net. because there is no accountability,they don't have to answer the phone,they can selectively answer e-mails.16 weeks to recieve your spa is rediculous,usually delays occur when the manufacture hasn't been paid and the preditor uses your deposit to pay for someone elses spa that they ordered 16 weeks ago.The problem is this,when robbing Peter to pay Paul the preditor only falls further behind and soon 16 weeks becomes 20 weeks.Some times it is the manufacturer who does this.That is the case right now in northern California.

Service after the sale:What does the internet preditor offer/Typically he offers "well we will just use someone in your area"What??? These spas are suppose to be dialed in and perfectly engineered, why would anyone trust just anyone in your area?Most of the time it is because these spas carry a `1 year warranty.This allows the preditor to not have to stick around and find out of the real problems his products have time and time again.Make sure the spa you buy covers parts and labor for at least 5 yrs.What happens if the master mind behind the spa you purchase dies (god forbid) To put your entire investment in 1 person is not a good investment.What if he one day files bankruptcy and changes the name of his product.You are without any recourse and your tub is a giant ashtray.

These are just a few of the scenarios' that I have come across and witnessed first hand.Many of the professionals you find are legite only one on the internet is really committing such fraud right now.For more information go to my web site and click on the Forum or just e-mail me from my website.www.***.com

I am in the spa industry and have been for 10 years .Every spa we sell is sold from a local dealer with local servicer.Remember the spa you buy is only as good as the dealer you buy from.So it is safe to say that every spa manufacturer may have a dealer in your are that does not have the right service for you.Do your homework on your potential dealer.If you are confortable with them an dlike their product.Buy it.Do Not Buy from a fraudulant internet preditor.

Update!!!! This is still going on BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone checked to see if this si legal in their state?

• 3 months later...

WARNING BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING A SPA FROM WEST CHESTER SPAS IN WEST CHESTER PA.

We placed a deposit of $4200.00 on an LSX1050 Master Spa at a spa show at the Valley Forge Convention Center held by West Chester Spas. This was a new 2006 model with no extras added just the base unit new from the factory. The salesperson explained the many jets and features of the unit including the shoulder jet seats. It seamed like the perfect spa for us being we both have issues with our shoulder muscles since being involved in a serious auto accident several months ago. Although the salesman never asked us to get into the unit to see if we were comfortable in the shoulder jet seats, he did say that there was a male and a female sized shoulder jet seat, so we figured they should be fine.

1 week later at a home show we saw another dealer of the same products and decided to see if the prices were similar between dealers (this dealer was over 50 miles away from our home). After some brief conversation the first thing this sales rep asked us to do was to sit in the different spas to see how nice they felt and fit. We realized the shoulder jets of the LSX1050 on the male seat did not fit my shoulders as my shoulders would only fit if I slid my butt all they way out to the edge of the seat. I am 6’ 220 but a long upper torso. We did get a price from this dealer on the LSX1050 and found the price very close to one we already had.

I contacted West Chester Spas and asked to take a wet test of the unit I placed a deposit on to make sure it was the same wet as dry. The next day I did so and found that I did not fit under the shoulder jets. The following day I contacted the owner Larry Granger and told him the problem.

He is where the problem starts. I was told he would not refund my whole deposit. He said he had already paid a $1600.00 commission on the sale and I had to take a store credit for that amount. If I agreed to take a store credit for the $1600.00 then he would credit my credit card for the balance of the $4200.00 deposit. If I did not agree, he would not credit my credit card for anything and I would be on my own to the fight to get my deposit back.

I can’t believe that the owner would not be able to recover a sales commission from his employee since the spa was never delivered. I also can’t believe that he would offer a $1600.00 store credit if he could not recover the sales commission. If my math is correct this would cost him the $1600.00 commission plus the value of the goods I purchased unless he would be able to recover the sales commission but just didn’t want to lose a sale. If this all seams strange to you, it certainly is confusing to the credit card company that I am disputing the charge with. Do you think this is someone who is interested in customer satisfaction or just his bottom line, you decide!

WARNING BE CAREFUL WHEN BUYING A SPA FROM WEST CHESTER SPAS IN WEST CHESTER PA.

We placed a deposit of $4200.00 on an LSX1050 Master Spa at a spa show at the Valley Forge Convention Center held by West Chester Spas. This was a new 2006 model with no extras added just the base unit new from the factory. The salesperson explained the many jets and features of the unit including the shoulder jet seats. It seamed like the perfect spa for us being we both have issues with our shoulder muscles since being involved in a serious auto accident several months ago. Although the salesman never asked us to get into the unit to see if we were comfortable in the shoulder jet seats, he did say that there was a male and a female sized shoulder jet seat, so we figured they should be fine.

1 week later at a home show we saw another dealer of the same products and decided to see if the prices were similar between dealers (this dealer was over 50 miles away from our home). After some brief conversation the first thing this sales rep asked us to do was to sit in the different spas to see how nice they felt and fit. We realized the shoulder jets of the LSX1050 on the male seat did not fit my shoulders as my shoulders would only fit if I slid my butt all they way out to the edge of the seat. I am 6’ 220 but a long upper torso. We did get a price from this dealer on the LSX1050 and found the price very close to one we already had.

I contacted West Chester Spas and asked to take a wet test of the unit I placed a deposit on to make sure it was the same wet as dry. The next day I did so and found that I did not fit under the shoulder jets. The following day I contacted the owner Larry Granger and told him the problem.

He is where the problem starts. I was told he would not refund my whole deposit. He said he had already paid a $1600.00 commission on the sale and I had to take a store credit for that amount. If I agreed to take a store credit for the $1600.00 then he would credit my credit card for the balance of the $4200.00 deposit. If I did not agree, he would not credit my credit card for anything and I would be on my own to the fight to get my deposit back.

I can’t believe that the owner would not be able to recover a sales commission from his employee since the spa was never delivered. I also can’t believe that he would offer a $1600.00 store credit if he could not recover the sales commission. If my math is correct this would cost him the $1600.00 commission plus the value of the goods I purchased unless he would be able to recover the sales commission but just didn’t want to lose a sale. If this all seams strange to you, it certainly is confusing to the credit card company that I am disputing the charge with. Do you think this is someone who is interested in customer satisfaction or just his bottom line, you decide!

Soreback purchased a spa from us at a spa show and he subsequently decided that he did not want to follow through with his purchase and he wanted his deposit back. The request to have his deposit refunded was made over a week after he purchased his spa. The front of contract above the sale total clearly states that “All Sales are Final – No Returns – Deposits are Not Refundable”. The back of the contract restates this. Soreback did not come into the store for over a week to wet test his spa and when he did he said nothing to the sales person about the spa not fitting him. It was after this wet test that he called to cancel, well after the 3 days that Pennsylvania allows by law to void a contract.

At the show we used independent sales contractors and as a part of their contract they are to be paid their commissions in full at the completion of the show on all sales that do not have contingencies written on the contract. Had Soreback said that he wanted to wet test the spa first we would have written this contingency on his contract and his deposit would have been refunded in full after his wet test when he decided that he didn’t like the spa.

We offered to refund his deposit, less commissions already paid, in the form of a store credit. Soreback declined this offer. We are trying to resolve this issue in a way that is fair to all parties.

Soreback has filed a claim with the BBB and we are working with BBB to resolve this claim. Should the BBB find that Soreback should receive his deposit back in full we will abide by that decision. Soreback paid his deposit with a credit card and he is disputing this charge, should the credit card company find that we are in the wrong we will refund his deposit.

• 2 weeks later...

Soreback purchased a spa from us at a spa show and he subsequently decided that he did not want to follow through with his purchase and he wanted his deposit back. The request to have his deposit refunded was made over a week after he purchased his spa. The front of contract above the sale total clearly states that “All Sales are Final – No Returns – Deposits are Not Refundable”. The back of the contract restates this. Soreback did not come into the store for over a week to wet test his spa and when he did he said nothing to the sales person about the spa not fitting him. It was after this wet test that he called to cancel, well after the 3 days that Pennsylvania allows by law to void a contract.

At the show we used independent sales contractors and as a part of their contract they are to be paid their commissions in full at the completion of the show on all sales that do not have contingencies written on the contract. Had Soreback said that he wanted to wet test the spa first we would have written this contingency on his contract and his deposit would have been refunded in full after his wet test when he decided that he didn’t like the spa.

We offered to refund his deposit, less commissions already paid, in the form of a store credit. Soreback declined this offer. We are trying to resolve this issue in a way that is fair to all parties.

Soreback has filed a claim with the BBB and we are working with BBB to resolve this claim. Should the BBB find that Soreback should receive his deposit back in full we will abide by that decision. Soreback paid his deposit with a credit card and he is disputing this charge, should the credit card company find that we are in the wrong we will refund his deposit.

I type fast :ph34r: