Another Great In The Snow Thread

spawn

I haven't had much to post lately but had such a great soak recently I thought that I should start a "snow" thread for the those who may be new since there isn't one on the first page. The wife and I are on the current edition of another "get healthy" kick and have restricted wine intact to once / week, among other measures (eat right, exercise, etc.). However, all bets are off if we get snow since that rarely happens in Seattle and a good way to celebrate is to share a bottle of Cava while sitting in the tub and watching the snow fall. We got 5"-6" on Sunday and spent a nice hour in the tub.

I haven't had much to post lately but had such a great soak recently I thought that I should start a "snow" thread for the those who may be new since there isn't one on the first page. The wife and I are on the current edition of another "get healthy" kick and have restricted wine intact to once / week, among other measures (eat right, exercise, etc.). However, all bets are off if we get snow since that rarely happens in Seattle and a good way to celebrate is to share a bottle of Cava while sitting in the tub and watching the snow fall. We got 5"-6" on Sunday and spent a nice hour in the tub.

i am 500 miles north of you do you hop out for a quick roll in the snow then get back in?(we got.5 inch)

i am 500 miles north of you do you hop out for a quick roll in the snow then get back in?(we got.5 inch)

500 miles north I am sure you get your share of snow. Have you been doing those rolls when you get it?

Have not done the snow roll out of the spa, but I will keep it in mind. Many years ago, before kids, the wife and I did a backpacking trip on Xmas eve to Olympic Hot Springs. We had the place to ourselves, got in the springs and did the snow roll a couple of times. We had an 11 mo old Lab pup with us and she got in the spring and did the snow roll too. Stopped in Port Angeles on the way back at a bar and were served a very nice, free Xmass dinner. We still look back fondly on those simple, fun times and that memorable Xmas.

We did a family trip to Crystal to go skiing when the kids were just becoming teens. The place we stayed had a nice outdoor swimming pool heated to a warm temp. Snow was piled in the courtyard around the pool and the kids would get out and lay on the snow, hands behind their heads like they were sun bathing - it seemed they stayed on the snow a looonnnggggg time.

The snow keeps falling and we continue to enjoy the tub, but haven't opened the Cava since the first night but I have a feeling we may have to do so tonight!

I'm not one for rolling in the snow, but my kids did when we lived in Colorado.

One time we went to Mount Princeton where they have hot springs that run into a cold water stream. You find a spot and sit in the hot water coming out of the ground. Some are actually too hot. Well we went there with my son who was a teenager at the time. It was snowing pretty hard and he got out of the hot water and went and laid down in the cold water stream and then back to the hot water. Makes me shiver thinking about it.

They also have two swimming pools fed by the hot water springs. One is much warmer that the other and you kind of switch between the two of them. My wife still swears that those hot springs cured her Arthritis.

OK david bilton, you inspired me.

We got more snow yesterday and last night my wife and were in the tub, enjoying the winter wonderland and a glass of red wine (in an acryllic glass, of course). Normally I wouldn't think of rolling in the snow, but you had put the idea in my mind. After first warming up while drinking all of my water, and saving most of my wine, I hopped out and went for a roll. The snow we had gotten wasn't that nice fluffy stuff - it was more like an icy crust that crumbled under me and felt like sand paper. Then I husselled back to the tub. My wife simply shook her head and was not tempted to follow my lead.

I highly recommend it!

We got more snow yesterday and last night my wife and were in the tub, enjoying the winter wonderland and a glass of red wine (in an acryllic glass, of course). Normally I wouldn't think of rolling in the snow, but you had put the idea in my mind. After first warming up while drinking all of my water, and saving most of my wine, I hopped out and went for a roll. The snow we had gotten wasn't that nice fluffy stuff - it was more like an icy crust that crumbled under me and felt like sand paper. Then I husselled back to the tub. My wife simply shook her head and was not tempted to follow my lead.

I highly recommend it!

I take special care to make sure I have some fluffy roll-able snow sitting close to the hottub during the winter months... "Polar Bearing" is great fun, and a great intro to hot tubbing for those that dont' do it much.

Cheers from another snowy hot tub lover.

I highly recommend it!

Actualy even the nice fluffy stuff feels sand paper/tingly also.