2000 Sundance Cameo "locked" Help!

aaahhhh

My 2000 Sundance Cameo Hot Tub has a control panel (topside display) that will not unlock. None of the spa functions are operating. The display works, but when I go through the "unlock" procedure (from the owners manual)nothing changes. I turned off the breaker, cleaned up the wiring after the intital install and when I turned everything back on...it was locked. It was working perfectly for the previous 10 days after the initial install. What did I do? How do I fix this?

Details:

240v to the tub

Power light is on

No heat

No regular scheduled filtering going on

Display buttons respond, flip, standard/economy, display. etc. heat and pump buttons make display read: LOC

<br />My 2000 Sundance Cameo Hot Tub has a control panel (topside display) that will not unlock. None of the spa functions are operating. The display works, but when I go through the "unlock" procedure (from the owners manual)nothing changes. I turned off the breaker, cleaned up the wiring after the intital install and when I turned everything back on...it was locked. It was working perfectly for the previous 10 days after the initial install. What did I do? How do I fix this?<br /><br /><br />Details:<br />240v to the tub<br />Power light is on<br />No heat<br />No regular scheduled filtering going on<br />Display buttons respond, flip, standard/economy, display. etc. heat and pump buttons make display read: LOC<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Have you contacted Sundance?

gman

<br />My 2000 Sundance Cameo Hot Tub has a control panel (topside display) that will not unlock. None of the spa functions are operating. The display works, but when I go through the "unlock" procedure (from the owners manual)nothing changes. I turned off the breaker, cleaned up the wiring after the intital install and when I turned everything back on...it was locked. It was working perfectly for the previous 10 days after the initial install. What did I do? How do I fix this?<br /><br /><br />Details:<br />240v to the tub<br />Power light is on<br />No heat<br />No regular scheduled filtering going on<br />Display buttons respond, flip, standard/economy, display. etc. heat and pump buttons make display read: LOC<br />
<br /><br /><br />

gman

I did...they said I needed to have a service call for it (which I assumed would be their response)...I am hoping someone knows whether this is fixable by myself ( I am pretty mechanically inclined) or a a definite "replace" situation...

• 1 month later...
<br /><br /><br />

gman

I did...they said I needed to have a service call for it (which I assumed would be their response)...I am hoping someone knows whether this is fixable by myself ( I am pretty mechanically inclined) or a a definite "replace" situation...

i can help send me a email and i will call you premierhottubs@etcmail.com

<br /><br /><br />

gman

i can help send me a email and i will call you premierhottubs@etcmail.com

James the Hot Tub Guy is the HOT TUB MAN!!!

He had the right answer and the patience and the charity to walk me through the problem! Problem solved and help for future use too! He saved me lots 'o money and time!!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

I will absolutely use him for all of my chemical and spa needs from here on out! I will shop at Premier Hot Tubs as much as I can!

There are still good people in the world!

Merry Christmas James!

FYI: Because this answer wasn't anywhere that I could find, here is the solution to the locked display:

Test the two hot leads feeding your main board and make sure the voltage is correct. In this case, 220v. ***(Please make sure you are competent enough to do this without killing yourself! Your life is not worth an $80 service call by a professional)***. My voltage was only 110 to the board due to an incorrectly wired emergency shut-off box.

Test the breaker box to see that both load wires are carrying 220v. If they are not, call an electrician to fix the problem, or (again, please don't risk your life) fix it yourself after shutting the breaker off at the house.

I hope this helps someone in the future!

• 5 years later...
On 12/10/2011 at 5:46 PM, aaahhhh said:

FYI: Because this answer wasn't anywhere that I could find, here is the solution to the locked display:

Test the two hot leads feeding your main board and make sure the voltage is correct. In this case, 220v. ***(Please make sure you are competent enough to do this without killing yourself! Your life is not worth an $80 service call by a professional)***. My voltage was only 110 to the board due to an incorrectly wired emergency shut-off box.

Test the breaker box to see that both load wires are carrying 220v. If they are not, call an electrician to fix the problem, or (again, please don't risk your life) fix it yourself after shutting the breaker off at the house.

I hope this helps someone in the future!

I hadn't same issue with not being able to unlock. I recently put in a new sensor and everything was fine. A week later I flipped the breaker and when I turned it back on is when the lock came on the display panel. It didn't make sense of why it was happening nothing changed from before

2 minutes ago, Jonz said:

I hadn't same issue with not being able to unlock. I recently put in a new sensor and everything was fine. A week later I flipped the breaker and when I turned it back on is when the lock came on the display panel. It didn't make sense of why it was happening nothing changed from before

After reading it could be because of improper electrical wiring I check out the J6 sensor clip where I recently worked. One of the pins wasn't pushed in and connected all the way. After pushing it in and powering on the lock was gone. All fixed. It doesn't make sense that it worked all week and just turning the breaker on and off caused this but it works so im Happy!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 5/15/2017 at 6:45 PM, Jonz said:

After reading it could be because of improper electrical wiring I check out the J6 sensor clip where I recently worked. One of the pins wasn't pushed in and connected all the way. After pushing it in and powering on the lock was gone. All fixed. It doesn't make sense that it worked all week and just turning the breaker on and off caused this but it works so im Happy!

Which sensor do you mean? I have the same keypad lock problem