Calling All Kreepy Krauly Experts!

Hi folks -

I have had a kreepy krauly for years and I really like it, because it has so few moving parts it hardly ever needs repair. The only thing I have had to do to it is replace the rubber pad (which wore out - called the "pleated seal" in the manual) and replace one other minor part that broke (the "roller bumper strap" - see parts figure to see what I am talking about).

But now I am having a persistent problem with it not "catching" when it floats down to the pool floor (that is, sealing against the pool floor so that it then moves along the bottom). There is an adjustment where you move the weights on the line away from it if it is tilting back towards the line and towards it if it is tilted the other way, but this adjustment is not working for me now (see hose adjustment to see what I am talking about).

It is tilting away from the line: i.e., it looks something like this:

\ <- hose

\

\ / <-kreepy krauly

\/

---------- <- pool bottom

but not quite that extreme. One issue is it seems to be tilted to one side (i.e., orthogonally to this picture). Could the dive float, which has two floats on it to orient it correctly when it sinks be asymmetrically waterlogged?

• 2 months later...

Once again not an expert but have used the Kreepy Krauly for years.

About 2-3 weeks ago also had and issue with my Kreepy Krauly not getting constant suction with the pool floor. It was getting older so instead of fixing it I decided to purchase a new cleaner. I went with the new Kreepy Krauly Kruiser. So far it has worked great !! Here is a link so you can read more about it http://sebestapools.com/new-product-announcement/

Once again not an expert but have used the Kreepy Krauly for years.

About 2-3 weeks ago also had and issue with my Kreepy Krauly not getting constant suction with the pool floor. It was getting older so instead of fixing it I decided to purchase a new cleaner. I went with the new Kreepy Krauly Kruiser. So far it has worked great !! Here is a link so you can read more about it http://sebestapools.com/new-product-announcement/

So, it turned out I had a suction side leak in my intake pipe - there was a quarter inch hole in the copper intake pipe, which was reducing the pressure getting to my KK! Now it works fine! ;-)

thanks for the ideas, though!

• 8 years later...

Bumper guard strip broke at top. Where it slides into don’t exist anymore where it holds it at top.  Thought I might need to buy the top part that holds the bumper (cost $44-$76 ).  What I did was zip tie it to the top and it works great!  Two (2) zip ties is all you need. Thought I would share the easy fix.  Money saving toward your new one later they do wear out. 🙂 p.s. can send a photo if needed