Arctic Ocean Swim Spa - Any Opinions?

pythonman

We are in the UK and have been researching swim spas for the last few months. Our needs are for family fun and relaxation - adults in the spa end, kids having fun in the deeper swim section and for myself to do the occasional workout. You get the idea, certainly not olympic training!

We have wet tested a few swim spas but have virtually settled on the Arctic Ocean, for one reason because the local dealer was very helpful. Is there anyone who has any opinions or experience with it? There's hardly any independant research or reviews on swim spas (or even hot tubs for that matter) that it's difficult for a first time buyer to know for sure if we're doing the right thing.

Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you.

We are in the UK and have been researching swim spas for the last few months. Our needs are for family fun and relaxation - adults in the spa end, kids having fun in the deeper swim section and for myself to do the occasional workout. You get the idea, certainly not olympic training!

We have wet tested a few swim spas but have virtually settled on the Arctic Ocean, for one reason because the local dealer was very helpful. Is there anyone who has any opinions or experience with it? There's hardly any independant research or reviews on swim spas (or even hot tubs for that matter) that it's difficult for a first time buyer to know for sure if we're doing the right thing.

Any comments will be appreciated. Thank you.

I have an Arctic Ocean that we received this summer. I purchased it without testing it and have been happy with the choice, best I've found for overall lay out. I am 5'11" and can have a nice swim work out (multi strokes)using the teather. Difficult to swim while the kids there as well. We got ours with the Onzen and Ozone options. I bought ours from a dealer down the street from my office. If you have questions about quality and after sale service, ask.

Thanks for your comment arcticoceanowner. You're the same height as me, so that's reassuring. Out of interest which spec did you choose, legend, epic etc? Also do you find the ozone and onzen options are worth it? Also, do you ever feel you wished the spa end had lounger seats, or do you find it comfortable as it is. How noisy do you find it? Finally, have you had any need to have it serviced or attended to, if so has Arctic given you good service?

Sorry to ask so many questions! Just want to make sure my £20k is well spent!! Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your comment arcticoceanowner. You're the same height as me, so that's reassuring. Out of interest which spec did you choose, legend, epic etc? Also do you find the ozone and onzen options are worth it? Also, do you ever feel you wished the spa end had lounger seats, or do you find it comfortable as it is. How noisy do you find it? Finally, have you had any need to have it serviced or attended to, if so has Arctic given you good service?

Sorry to ask so many questions! Just want to make sure my £20k is well spent!! Thanks for your help.

We got the arctic spa ocean Signature model in Blue. I like the Ozone & Onzen, saves on chemicals, although I did throw in a cap ful of Chlorine when I wasn't confident yet about pr0per sanitation. Had to program the Ozonataor to run for 23 hours/day. Seating for us is a non-issue, the outside seats are different depths. Never noticed it as noisy, I notice my neighbors 2 seat spa accross the fence more when it's on. Had to replace the Ozonator electrodes under warranty, an easy task. The after sale service at my dealer (to date) - adequate.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me tell you about my experience with Arctic Spa and Onzen. I purchased my Yukon tub 3 years ago and spent a bunch of money on the Onzen option. This was the original version 7 which produced both ozone and bromine. I had nothing but problems with this unit as did hundreds of other people. My electrodes were replaced 3 times before being "upgraded" to Version 8 on the forth time.

What they neglected to tell me was that version 8 DISABLED THE OZONE GENERATOR. So what I was left with was a bromine/chlorinator...THAT'S IT!!! If I wanted to generate ozone they will gladly sell me an additional "Peak Ozone I or II system" for a s****load of money. I'm pretty PO'ed. My original Onzen system generated both bromine and ozone THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT IT!! They installed this new 8.0 cell and neglected to tell me "by the way...this won't generate ozone anymore". I bought an Arctic Spa because I thought it was the best. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I will never recommend this manufacturer to anyone again. Their R&D sucks and they treat their customers like ginnea pigs. My neighbours made the right decision and bought a Sundance.