LA spas/ Vita spas

robin

i live on long island new york, my first priority is strong jets for back therapy. these tubs have either 2-5hp or one 8 hp motor + warm air blower. then i want a very well insulated tub for lower heating cost. i use my tub all year round i had an old sonoma. i will be putting in a 220 line. i have looked at marquise, coleman, D1, hot springs, caldera all to expensive for me. then i looked at hydro spa, cal spas, dynasty, more in my price range $6500 max for everything. but after sitting in many tubs i found the LA spa natural tub and the vita spa joli as the two tubs that would work best for me. i have a space issue and these two tubs are around 68x80. so does anyone have either of these brands and what do you think of the therapy you get from the jets and the insulation, any other problems you may have. these are also rather low tubs 33-34 inches i am 5'7'' and find i am sitting so far down in some tubs i feel like i could drowned but i wonder if this is to low. i think i read somewhere a good height is 19" from seat to water line. i am also going to look at artic spas after reading this site. thanks robin

i live on long island new york, my first priority is strong jets for back therapy. these tubs have either 2-5hp or one 8 hp motor + warm air blower. then i want a very well insulated tub for lower heating cost. i use my tub all year round i had an old sonoma. i will be putting in a 220 line. i have looked at marquise, coleman, D1, hot springs, caldera all to expensive for me. then i looked at hydro spa, cal spas, dynasty, more in my price range $6500 max for everything. but after sitting in many tubs i found the LA spa natural tub and the vita spa joli as the two tubs that would work best for me. i have a space issue and these two tubs are around 68x80. so does anyone have either of these brands and what do you think of the therapy you get from the jets and the insulation, any other problems you may have. these are also rather low tubs 33-34 inches i am 5'7'' and find i am sitting so far down in some tubs i feel like i could drowned but i wonder if this is to low. i think i read somewhere a good height is 19" from seat to water line. i am also going to look at artic spas after reading this site. thanks robin

Both are decent brands. I have sold spas made in the Vita factroy and have worked on many brands of spas in service. I believe you are correct in your understanding that the other spas you mention are overpriced. A good spa will have variable seating height for different body types. The maximum depth allowed by the ANSI and UL is 28 inches water depth. The horsepower thing will be very confusing, because they use different types of measure for the horsepower. The best judge on Horse power is to look at the motors and the amp rating as well as if the HP is "continuous" or "brake" or "peak break". Continuous is the only real HP. We only use the continuous rating on our spas, because we feel it is unethical to use brake horsepower. :rolleyes:

Both are decent brands. I have sold spas made in the Vita factroy and have worked on many brands of spas in service. I believe you are correct in your understanding that the other spas you mention are overpriced. A good spa will have variable seating height for different body types. The maximum depth allowed by the ANSI and UL is 28 inches water depth. The horsepower thing will be very confusing, because they use different types of measure for the horsepower. The best judge on Horse power is to look at the motors and the amp rating as well as if the HP is "continuous" or "brake" or "peak break". Continuous is the only real HP. We only use the continuous rating on our spas, because we feel it is unethical to use brake horsepower. :rolleyes:

What matters is how reputable the dealer is first. Then determine how comfortable the spa is to you and if the features are what you want. A wet test is always recommended before making a final decision.

Happy Hunting.

p.s. Horsepower should be the least of your concerns, its how the jets feel on your body thats important.

TBK. Have a nice day