Air Bubbles

mag357

For the last 5 days or so I have noticed large bubbles in the jandy pump filter glass, that looks like it bubbling over in the glass. I have tried bleeding the air using the pressure release valve on top of the filter unit. Now this is not happening every day, but 3 out of 5 days I have noticed the problem. How can I fix this. The pool is only three years old.

Thanks

What type of pump? Some of those Jandy pumps have a way over-sized pot, and i see that alot. Check the lid oring, as advised previously, and i think you will be OK.

Sometimes, as the filter gets dirty-er, the flow decreases, and bubbles like that become harder for the pump to clear to the filter.

• 2 weeks later...

I could confirm that it was pulling air through the lid-cover "O" ring. I did place an order for a new o ring. However, what I did was remove the o ring and cleaned the groove for the ring and re-seat the old o ring and the problem is solved. Five days now and not one bubble. I will keep the new ring just in the event the old one goes bad againg.

I want to thank you guys for your helpful replies.