Jacuzzi Echo: Is It Worth It?

hjames710

I found a Jacuzzi Echo on Craigslist, the heater needs to be replaced (I think) The jets still, run, and it's full of water for me to see, so it doesn't leak. http://denver.craigslist.org/for/2527541050.html It says arctic spa, but it's actually a Jacuzzi echo, The guy offered to deliver it, plus all the chemicals he has, for $150. I looked online, and it looks like the heater is about $200, is it worth buying? How much is this gonna cost me to run? I live in Denver, CO. We had a 1987 Jacuzzi that was similar, and It cost us nearly $150 to run in the Michigan winters.

i would ask you. IS it worth it to you. you will be the one using it... On the heater is a flow thru tube style. it may be possible to replace just the element, about 50-60 bucks,,,i would talk the guy selling it into putting in an element. cost of operation probably an older one and cost will depend on the insulation of this spa as well as the use....

i would ask you. IS it worth it to you. you will be the one using it... On the heater is a flow thru tube style. it may be possible to replace just the element, about 50-60 bucks,,,i would talk the guy selling it into putting in an element. cost of operation probably an older one and cost will depend on the insulation of this spa as well as the use....

I know it is probably a 1990 something as it doesn't have digital controls. It will be used probably every other day. Would it be possible to add some more styrofoam insulation to it? The guy who's selling it just wants it gone, so I doubt he'd put a new element into it. I'd love to have a hot tub again, but I gotta stick to my budget.