Spam

DK117

It's not possible for moderators to give the permissions necessary for anyone to help.

There's moderators and administrators. Only an administrator has the ability to give those permissions. All moderators here are volunteers. It's not our website and we gain nothing for our efforts.

This has been a brilliant site, but no one new will realise it. Although it would be a nuisance for legitimate posters, is there any way of making it harder to post - something like two or three steps. Hopefully that would be temporary until the site stops being a target. I'd hate to see the site fold.

I have been a member of this site for MANY years (just check my post count!) and a mod for less than one. I can tell you that the spam on ths site comes and goes in waves and right now we are having a bad patch. I have seen the spam worse and the mod team working now really do keep the spam under control pretty welll (I just deleted over 130 spam posts my self in the last hour I have been logged on!). If you really want to help I suggest you contact the admin of the board.

I"m not criticising any of the mods. You must be even more sick of the spam because of the time you have to waste on it. I just wonder if there isn't a way of making it more difficult for the spammers and easier for the people trying to control it. I'm happy to contact the site admin. Anybody got any suggestions to offer them?

Hello. Webmaster here.

We have been hit again by a large group of spammers from Russia and China. My apologies to our loyal community.

First I would like to thank our moderators who are doing a fantastic job of trying to delete any spam posting almost instantly. They deserve our thanks and appreciation to keep this the best forum in the industry. To fit this spam battle, we have deployed two strategies:

1) Today we took the rare step of adding an additional qualification question for any new registrations. This should eliminate some computer from posting messages instantly.

2) We have also BANNED more than 3400 IP addresses of highly suspect locations known for promoting spam. Unfortunately this action may also prevent some GOOD members from posting a message. If you are affected by this please send us a personal IM and I will reactivate you.

Regards, Webmaster

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately this action may also prevent some GOOD members from posting a message. If you are affected by this please send us a personal IM and I will reactivate you.

Regards, Webmaster

I had a problem earlier i could not log in, therefore i could not IM anyone. How can we alert you to a problem like this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

That is because of the ad that pops up on the right hand side since it prevents accessing anything below it including the Post button. Dr. Spa suggested I use Adblock Plus and it works great. Otherwise I would not have been able to post anymore to this site.

That is because of the ad that pops up on the right hand side since it prevents accessing anything below it including the Post button. Dr. Spa suggested I use Adblock Plus and it works great. Otherwise I would not have been able to post anymore to this site.

Do you have a suggestion, I'm using Mozilla Firefox as my main browser btw

• 1 month later...