Cal Spa

Guest David

Anyone had a negative experience with cal Spas inthe San Diego Area? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not a fan of Cal Spas but if you do go with them make sure you're working with a good dealer who has a long and positive track record. Check the BBB and do a search on this site and others for that dealer and for Cal Spas in general.

I'm not a fan of Cal Spas but if you do go with them make sure you're working with a good dealer who has a long and positive track record. Check the BBB and do a search on this site and others for that dealer and for Cal Spas in general.

Why are you not a fan of cal spa?

All spa Manufacturers have issues at one time or another, this is common not just in the spa industry.Cal-Spa is targeted because of the company that they have become. Growing and becoming the largest home resort product manufacturer comes with critics that extend truth but everyone is entitled to their views. We strive for exellence in all categories. If there is a customer you can think of that is having issues with cal-spa please feel free to direct any questions to me at todd@backyardsandbilliards.com. Thank you.

Have a Wonderful day!

TBK.

All spa Manufacturers have issues at one time or another, this is common not just in the spa industry.Cal-Spa is targeted because of the company that they have become.

Yes, all cps makers have issues from time to time but does that mean they are all equal i this regard? Absolutely not, some have few and some have far too many issues.

Please don't infer I'm targeting Cal Spas because they make a lot of spas and calling them the "the largest home resort product manufacturer" has nothing to do with the quality of their spas, all it says is they are in the pool table and BBQ business whereas other spa makers concentrate on spas (maybe there is something to that). Hot Springs and Sundance make far more spas and have a much better track record for taking care of their customers so my comments have nothing to do with knocking a company because of their size. I assume other spa makers such as D1 and Marquis make a few less than Cal Spas but I'd go with them long before I'd consider a Cal Saps. These are definitely my opinions but Cal Spas reputation is earned IMO and can't simply be poo-pooed. Certainly they can change that reputation over time but I wouldn't chance it. IF someone does go with Cal Spas I'd recommend them make DOUBLY sure that the dealer is a long time spa dealer with a very good BBB record as a good dealer can help overcome what I see as the manufacturer's shortcomings. Let’s simply agree to disagree.

I wet tested a Cal Spa and I am still confused which spa to buy w? stereo: ie, master spa, hot springs (did not like the moto massage to well and the seats were deep) Caldera ( felt good but controls were complicated and did not like pop up speakers. The Cal Spa bromine generator makes me nervous and I don't understand really what it does. HELP!!!!!!!!!

MY SUGGESTION IS TO STEER AWAY FROM A TUB WITH A RADIO, TV ETC. IF YOU LIKE A PARTICULAR TUB BUY IT WITHOUT THE RADIO OR TV. THE WARRANTY ON THOSE ISNT THE GREATEST AND FROM MY EXPERIENCE PEOPLE HAVE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH THEM! I WILL HAVE TO AGREE WITH STL-REX IN SAYING THAT IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU HAVE LIMITED YOUR CHOICES TO ONES THAT YOU DONT LIKE 100%. BELEIVE ME SHOP AROUND SOME MORE AND FIND ONE THAT SUITS YOU TO A TEE!!! IT WILL BE WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN!