brown stains on pool bottom

Jennifer

We have City water, not well water. We use In The Swim brand chlorine & shock. I've had three pools in my life, but this is the first fiberglass pool. Three times this first season, we've had what our installer calls 'metal stains'. He said our chemicals are causing this. We got a ton of rain over the weekend, and now the pool looks all stainy on the bottom again. Does anyone have some advice to share on how to KEEP THE STAINS FROM COMING BACK? We have been using the 2-part metal out removal products, which work fantastic, and my husband thoroughly cleans the filter cartridge after treatment. So why would the stains keep coming back? It's very frustrating!!

I, too, have been having problems with fiberglass pool stains. The Metal out/ Stain out products worked but stains came back. My water is balanced as it should be for a salt water system. I am in the process of trying another product (which doesn't seem to be working) but am also curious if this will be an ongoing problem. Thanks for any help or info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have City water, not well water. We use In The Swim brand chlorine & shock. I've had three pools in my life, but this is the first fiberglass pool. Three times this first season, we've had what our installer calls 'metal stains'. He said our chemicals are causing this. We got a ton of rain over the weekend, and now the pool looks all stainy on the bottom again. Does anyone have some advice to share on how to KEEP THE STAINS FROM COMING BACK? We have been using the 2-part metal out removal products, which work fantastic, and my husband thoroughly cleans the filter cartridge after treatment. So why would the stains keep coming back? It's very frustrating!!

Try "Jack's Magic". Call the company for instruction on how to use it.