EliteSpas by Maax vs. LA Spas -- price, other brands, etc?

Guest SpaShopper

Guest SpaShopper

We visited a fair this weekend to do comparison shopping on-site, and found that's not very easy, as it's nearly impossible to compare apples to apples. However, we did find two that fit our space, and seem to have the features we want, and similar features, to be comparable enough.

The EliteSpa by Max Premium 70 and the LA Spas Oasis 0757 (the middle level of the three or four spas called Oasis, each with a different jet config., etc).

We got written info on each, and came home to compare them, but were disappointed that the Oasis brochure AND web site show only the Oasis 07078 (the highest level Oasis, and neither offer any info on the 0757 level. And, the EliteSpas by Maax site shows a picture of a "3500" on the page of features for the Premium 70. So, this combination of problems makes it impossible to really compare the two on my own, so I'm hoping some experienced people here might shed some light on the subject.

EliteSpas by Maax Premium 70 = $5960 (with stair, cover, delivery, etc.) NO CD player.

LA Spas Oasis 0757 = $5795 (with stairs, cover, delivery, etc.) NO CD player.

The Elite price was given along with an explanation that they had pre-made a bunch of spas for the summer fair season, and because the Louisiana state fair was cancelled they will have overstock and need to move it out, thus the lowered price that I will NOT find in the store. I googled and found out the Louisiana State Fair -- the major, official state fair of Louisiana, with 300K attendance, is not indeed cancelled this year, whichy made me mad that he would lie. However, I did find that the Greater Baton Rouge State Fair (another state fair (why are there two) put on by the JC's is cancelled, so he could be telling the truth. I have no idea if I was thrown a line and the JC fair is a coincidence or not.

Any info the experienced spa people here can offer would be great.

Are these good, ok, great, or average prices? Is there a comparable spa by another brand we should consider? (We did not care for LA Spas at the fair).

Thanks in advance!

Guest Easygoer

We visited a fair this weekend to do comparison shopping on-site, and found that's not very easy, as it's nearly impossible to compare apples to apples. However, we did find two that fit our space, and seem to have the features we want, and similar features, to be comparable enough.

Thanks in advance!

Are you talking about the LA Fair, If so you are much better off to buy from a Local dealer. The fair is not a place to save money. The costs to set up and operate make it so. I would check the websites To Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance, etc and find the dealer for those brands, in the long run I am sure you will be much happier. As you mentioned you will many unturths at thr fair as most sales people are traveling and will be gone when the fair is over.

Are you talking about the LA Fair, If so you are much better off to buy from a Local dealer. The fair is not a place to save money. The costs to set up and operate make it so. I would check the websites To Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance, etc and find the dealer for those brands, in the long run I am sure you will be much happier. As you mentioned you will hear many untruths at the fair as most sales people are traveling and will be gone when the fair is over.

That is a really good price for the Elite 70. Retails for over $8000. in store.

Hi -- I think there may be a misunderstanding. EliteSpas by Max offers the Premium 70 and the Elite7000... no "Elite 70". The price we were quoted is on the Premium 70. Maye you're referring to the elite 7000, which is a step up form the one we looked at? Thanks!

check the fairs, note models and pricing, BUY from a local dealer. I personally know hundreds who wish they did.

Right. That's our plan.... Would love some input on where those prices fall for comparable products or in-store prices. Thanks!

Hi -- I think there may be a misunderstanding. EliteSpas by Max offers the Premium 70 and the Elite7000... no "Elite 70". The price we were quoted is on the Premium 70. Maye you're referring to the elite 7000, which is a step up form the one we looked at? Thanks!

Sorry about that I had a typo, premium 70 with all features quoted with package you are looking at about $1500 more at retail locations.

TBK.