Strange Bromine Tests

Yellow

I just tested for Bromine with a dpd test and felt it was pretty low as I put 1/2 tbs of mps in the tub last night after soaking. I left the water in the tube while I looked up how to use another test and when I picked up the tube again in a few minutes the Bromine test had become very dark and indicated that the Bromine was over 10. I tested with an oto test and it also indicated that the bromine was about 2ppm. Any reason for this slow rise in the test? I checked a second time with both tests with the same results. Weird? or just something I never knew about?

This is normal, if you read your test kit it will say to crush tablet and take the reading right away. Just ignore this reading that read over 10ppm.

That is the MPS and also the some of the bromamines that you are reading. It takes a few minutes for them to fully register. Ignore as footie said and read the test right away. With OTO read the test after 60 seconds for total bromine.