Cleaning/ New Filter?

Hi guys, I got a big problem. I brought a pool 3 weeks ago. We filled that water, and we haven't been using the pool that much because it was getting green. So i've been procrastionating on cleaning it then it formed algae. I still procrastionated and I believe we got misquito larvae.. We drained the pool and there is only about a few inches left of water left. There is still larvae in the pool though. What should I do?!?! I'm so stressed over this. =( (PS, we didn't use any chemicals or anything, the water was just sitting there)

All the pool specs are here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-18-x-48-Easy-Set-Above-Ground-Pool/15522802

Questions

1. Should we get a (new) filter? If so, which do you recommend?

• 1 year later...

Hey there.

Have you been adding chlorine? The green algae is indication of low Free Chlorine levels.

As for the mosquito larvae, I can assume that stagnant water, especially at a low level that you had drained it to, is whats keeping them around.

The pool must have chlorine added to it even when it is not being used, as it can easily be evaporated. "Stabalizer" is a chemical that acts as a sunscreen and keeps the chlorine in your pool.

Hope this helps.