Summertime

I've been debating what I should do with the tub now that it is summertime. I'm to the point in which I need to replace the water but I'm thinking I'll wait to do that closer to fall when I might actually use the tub. My thinking is that I'll just keep maintaining the water as I usually do. Is that easier than draining it and just turning it off for the summer? My fear is that even after draining and using a shop vac to get water out, there will still be some in there and it will get really nasty. What do you do during the summertime?

I've been debating what I should do with the tub now that it is summertime. I'm to the point in which I need to replace the water but I'm thinking I'll wait to do that closer to fall when I might actually use the tub. My thinking is that I'll just keep maintaining the water as I usually do. Is that easier than draining it and just turning it off for the summer? My fear is that even after draining and using a shop vac to get water out, there will still be some in there and it will get really nasty. What do you do during the summertime?

I use the spa in the late evening. Not as nice as cold-weather use, but nice.

If you decide to leave the water in it and maintain the chems, don't be tempted to overload with chems and check it less often. Very high concentrations of chems can degrade the plastic parts, gaskets,etc.

When the weather is really hot, I turn mine down to 95, anything below body temperature is going to feel cool, it is very refreshing!

Dave

When the weather is really hot, I turn mine down to 95, anything below body temperature is going to feel cool, it is very refreshing!

Dave

I agree, while it costs a bit to maintain the tub operational, most times with pump seals and everything else that could become dry and brittle your better off just letting it run. Turn the temp down to 93-95 and on a hot day it makes for a nice cool dip with some hydrotherapy on the sore muscles. Make sure to use your sanitizer (less often) and keep the water clean.

I just leave mine set to 102F and continue to use it in the evenings, after the outside temp has dropped. I'd rather the water be hotter than the ambient temp, so that when you get out your body is nice and warm and the air feels cool! Still using my tub nightly pretty much.