New to pools--pool and spa circulation problems

I just moved into a house with a pool and never had one before. At first the pump was pulling water great, about three weeks ago I noticed that only water was only coming from spa, but the pool wasn't getting cleaned like it should.

When switching the valve to try to isolate, the spa works great, but the pool skimmer's water starts going, but after a few seconds returns. I'm new to this so let me describe. When I run the pump it does pool water from the spa, but not from the pool. When I isolate the pool side, it starts pulling from the skimmer and it almost empties out, but within a few seconds, it seems to return.

I opened the Jandy valve (gray) and noticed the seals are a bit worn, however, it's strange it don't know if that is the cause. I was even wondering if something was stuck in the line.

I have been reading other threads and now I am considering something about 'priming' the line. Hopefully it's as easy as that.

However the problem was not happening 3 months ago when I moved to this house, it started happening two weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Hi there :D Have you made sure that your Pool water level is good? It needs to be at the Middle of tile. Do you have a Sand or D.E. Filter? If so try backwashing. Have you backwashed?

Priming is when you use water to fill the pump pot up to fill up the suction line to help pull water.

If you think its a clogged line you can go down to your home store and buy a Blow Bag and try to blow out the skimmer lines, I would blow out from the equipment, take off your valve covers and jam you blow bag down the pipe.

You could also try to to push water from the skimmers to the pump to help it prime up. Usually helps if your equipment is higher than the level of your pool.

Just a few things im throwing here @ you. Good Luck.