Hotsprings Moto Massage Dx

This is my first post.

I have a 2006 Hotsprings Vista Spa. The DX dual moto-massage stopped working months ago, so yesterday I finally opened up the lid and found that the two blue colored tubes feeding the jets were a little torn. The price to replace each was about $80, which is ridiculous. So I took off two of the plastic links, cut the blue tube back, and reassembled using a metal clamp. Lots of water coming out the two jets, but still no movement up and down. The air control valve seems to work, but I dont know.

Do I have to now pay $160 just for two tubes?

please copy your response to 2001@vineyard.net

This is my first post.

I have a 2006 Hotsprings Vista Spa. The DX dual moto-massage stopped working months ago, so yesterday I finally opened up the lid and found that the two blue colored tubes feeding the jets were a little torn. The price to replace each was about $80, which is ridiculous. So I took off two of the plastic links, cut the blue tube back, and reassembled using a metal clamp. Lots of water coming out the two jets, but still no movement up and down. The air control valve seems to work, but I dont know.

It's not $80 to replace the tube, it's $80 to replace the entire motto jet, correct?

Pretty good price, actually.

I've heard some guys are able to replace the inner water tube, but you're on your own. The only part available from Watkins is the small air tube. I've seen some attempts with medical tubing, but none successful. If you have a lot of time on your hands, experiment with different materials, and please post your results if you find something that works. I'm sure you'd be helping plenty of do-it-yourselfer's all over.

A couple of things while testing:

Be sure the diverter valve is not in-between positions, it must be locked in, NOT in-between.

Be sure the filters are clean, or, just remove them and re-install the filter standpipe caps.

Be sure the air flow control is all the way on. (In 2004-2005, the air flow control valves were a little flaky, but in 2006 they went back to piston driven air valves, which work very well. If your's was an 05, I'd also recommend removing the air valve during testing, but for 2006, you're fine, just ve sure it's all the way open)

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post.

I noticed last winter that my DX motomassage was sticking and getting a little slow to start. After trying to get some help with my dealer, and getting nothing but excuses, I called the HS help line. They could not of been an nicer and more prompt. She apologized for my dealer's inactions (and wanted to know their name so she could monitor them), then sent out 2 replacement spines and the air hose. Received them a few days later, and after a 5 minute install, it works like new, even moves up and down before you even turn the air valve on........all under warranty. With your tub being an 06, depending on when in 06 you bought it, you may still be covered. Give HS a call. This is the first time I have had to call them directly, and I must say all the hype about HS taking care of it's customers seems to be true.

The problem (at least with mine) is that the plastic tubes loose their flexibility and stiffen up in the down position, from hanging at rest most of the time. A way to fix this, is to simply swap the left and right spines periodically. Once you swap them, they will point straight out more so at rest, making it much easier for them to start in motion when you apply the air valve.

Just my 2 cents, Randy