Suncreen Or Tanning Oils In The Pool Water

Is some sunscreen or sun tanning oil brands better to use or more user friendly for the pool water then others?

If so what should one be aware of or look for?

During the swim season should we be testing or adding any chemical to offset the oil that will accumulate in the water?

If so what would that be? Does the oilor sunscreen by products have a greater or lesser effect on cartridge or sand filters?

I don't know which ones are better, but I do know that most are oils that are not fully soluble in water so will tend to form a film on the surface of the water and eventually get sucked into the skimmer and caught into the filter. When I clean my cartridge filters each year, by far the largest component in them is suntan lotion.

I wonder if biodegradable suntan lotions would be better than normal ones for this?

From what I can tell, these products are mostly aloe vera gel (and water plus a small amount of UV absorbers), but that is mostly polysaccharides, mannas and anthraquinones, none of which are nitrogenous compounds (nor are methyl ketones)and seem unlikely to break down by chlorine. There are also lectins in aloe vera gel that are proteins and those are nitrogenous compounds that should get at least partially broken down. So overall, I think these won't be much better that traditional suntan lotions. Biodegradable is not the same as what can get oxidized by chlorine. Bacteria have enzymes that can break down polysaccharides and other natural organics (i.e. from living things).