Will My New Costco Tub Hold Up To The Test

dnjsdad

I have not posted for awhile and if I have any complaints about my new tub I will post them. As of right now I love it. Jets dont feel like just alot of pressure in one spot that make you itch they actually make me feel better.

For alot of people on this forum the concern seems to me to be longevity, but here is how I am viewing that at this time, I believe that I bought a great spa at a great price, but as it is said on this forum only time will tell. From what I have read a good spa should hold up 10,15, maybe even 20 years and if it does its value has been proven. If my spa fails to perform for at least 10 years I have made the decision to return it for a full refund. My value in my opinion is guarenteed.

The only thing that I wish was diff. on my tub was the speakers could get a little louder. When they are cranked they distort a bit.

Happy soakings all,

Dnjsdad :D

If my spa fails to perform for at least 10 years I have made the decision to return it for a full refund. My value in my opinion is guarenteed. Happy soakings all,

This still blows me away, there has to be a catch????

Dnjs, why wait that long? As they change them and make them more flashy you will want one of them. With this Costco policy you can have a new one every couple years or so!! I wonder why Paint hasn't traded in his PE1 or 2 or whatever he had yet? Or is this forever return policy new?

This still blows me away, there has to be a catch????

Dnjs, why wait that long? As they change them and make them more flashy you will want one of them. With this Costco policy you can have a new one every couple years or so!! I wonder why Paint hasn't traded in his PE1 or 2 or whatever he had yet? Or is this forever return policy new?

You could do that with out any questions asked, but most people dont. If I am not satisfied mine will go back. This return policy is not new and covers all items other then computers. If they start selling cars I know where I will purchase mine.

Responding to guys like paint and dnjsdad is simply an absolute waste of time. Their posts are pure absurdity and don't even deserve an answer. Gee, let's see, after 10 years I'm going to return my Grand Prix because it has some problems! Are these guys thinking adults or children in disguise?

Responding to guys like paint and dnjsdad is simply an absolute waste of time. Their posts are pure absurdity and don't even deserve an answer. Gee, let's see, after 10 years I'm going to return my Grand Prix because it has some problems! Are these guys thinking adults or children in disguise?

Childish adults are everywhere. Fairy tails are prominent in their lives. Like full foam is a good idea. That is the biggest fairy tale in the entire spa industry.

I also noticed that there are a lot of ingorant spa shoppers out their who are taken advantage of buy some

fantastic, BS sales pitches that almost put them in trances.

7 mts with mine and it work perfectly. Love it!!

The sound system sounds a lot better if you don't use the presets for tone but rather adjust the treble and bass and fade to the rear so the sub is heard and felt better.

I will try re adjusting manually tonight, thank you.

7 mts with mine and it work perfectly. Love it!!

The sound system sounds a lot better if you don't use the presets for tone but rather adjust the treble and bass and fade to the rear so the sub is heard and felt better.

I will try re adjusting the sound manually tonight. Thank you.

I don't think Costco will refund you the money. Don't they just replace the product?

Costco, does not even replace the product if you want them to, they will give you your money back and then you are free to purchase what you want. I took the following off of there website. I have also talked with a store manager about there policy and it is very cut and dry a no questions asked policy. The only thing that is important is to keep your reciept because after a few years the items that are no longer carried maybe out of there system, but with a reciept your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Returns or Exchanges

Costco.com has a 100% guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase,

we offer two convenient return methods. Costco.com refunds include shipping and handling fees.

1. You can return the item to the nearest Costco Wholesale location. To find a location, please click here.

2. If you are unable to return your order to one of our warehouses, please e-mail us at customer service.

Please include your name, order confirmation number, phone number, and reason for return. You will be

contacted regarding your return within 5 to 7 business days.

Please note, as of November 4th, 2002, the return policy for all desktop and notebook computers are six months

from the date of purchase. Six months after purchase, all computer services and technical support will be subject

to the applicable remaining manufacturer’s warranty.

Prescription Drugs

If you need to return or exchange OTC merchandise, contact us at customer service or phone us toll-free at

1-800-221-7262.

If you need to return or exchange a prescription item, please call 1-800-607-6861 and ask to speak with a pharmacist.

I agree with your post Wes, however it is painfully obvious that paint, djsdad, silverfish and several other personalities are the same person with multiple accounts here. There is obviously a not-so hidden agenda with these simpletons. It is too much cooincidence that all these people seem to use the word "there" always in the wrong context. Could you imagine someone trying to return a spa to Costco after ten years, lol. What would the person say..."sir I'd like to return my ten year old spa because I'm not just not satisfied". It worked ok for me for 9 years and 11 months, but now it just isn't cutting the mustard. After ten years I have determined that I am not satisfied with it. Now may I have a full refund. That is pure insanity.

I agree with your post Wes, however it is painfully obvious that paint, djsdad, silverfish and several other personalities are the same person with multiple accounts here. There is obviously a not-so hidden agenda with these simpletons. It is too much cooincidence that all these people seem to use the word "there" always in the wrong context. Could you imagine someone trying to return a spa to Costco after ten years, lol. What would the person say..."sir I'd like to return my ten year old spa because I'm not just not satisfied". It worked ok for me for 9 years and 11 months, but now it just isn't cutting the mustard. After ten years I have determined that I am not satisfied with it. Now may I have a full refund. That is pure insanity.

I think we'll eventually see Costco better define their return policy on spas similar to the way they had to on computers. Those who buy with the idea that they'll return it if it is a problem spa after a year or two I can understand. If anyone thinks they'll simply be able to 10 yrs from now if unsatisfied I think they'll find the window closed. We'll ahve to wait and see.

I think we'll eventually see Costco better define their return policy on spas similar to the way they had to on computers. Those who buy with the idea that they'll return it if it is a problem spa after a year or two I can understand. If anyone thinks they'll simply be able to 10 yrs from now if unsatisfied I think they'll find the window closed. We'll ahve to wait and see.

For those who purchased THERE computer before they changed to the 6 month policy costco honored there original return policy.

It must be the schools here in the great northwest, but whether I spell there with their instead of they're, does not change who I am. NOT PAINT, NOT SILVERFISH (but I do like the name), but always the one and only dnjsdad.

For those who purchased THERE computer before they changed to the 6 month policy costco honored there original return policy.

It must be the schools here in the great northwest, but whether I spell there with their instead of they're, does not change who I am. NOT PAINT, NOT SILVERFISH (but I do like the name), but always the one and only dnjsdad.

As for your identity, you and paint have this in common: you're incessantly needless flacks for Hydrospa, you live in northwest and you both incorrectly substitute the word "then" for "than". Mighty suspicious coincidences. Whoever you are, your whole premise is preposterous, and that is not a disparaging statement about Costco. I have written much about my dealing with Hydrospa, and if it were not for Costco's backing, I might still have a non-working Hydropond in my yard. So, I think Costco offers consumers great leverage and pressures manufacturers into responsiveness.

Even in my case, where the first 6 months were a waste, I have no intention of returning it now that the thing seems to be OK. Like Spatech said maybe after two or three years is reasonable but your 10 year idea is wildly ridiculous. If you are a shill for either Costco or Hydrospa they should fire you for drawing negative attention.

As for your identity, you and paint have this in common: you're incessantly needless flacks for Hydrospa, you live in northwest and you both incorrectly substitute the word "then" for "than". Mighty suspicious coincidences. Whoever you are, your whole premise is preposterous, and that is not a disparaging statement about Costco. I have written much about my dealing with Hydrospa, and if it were not for Costco's backing, I might still have a non-working Hydropond in my yard. So, I think Costco offers consumers great leverage and pressures manufacturers into responsiveness.

Even in my case, where the first 6 months were a waste, I have no intention of returning it now that the thing seems to be OK. Like Spatech said maybe after two or three years is reasonable but your 10 year idea is wildly ridiculous. If you are a shill for either Costco or Hydrospa they should fire you for drawing negative attention.

First and foremost, please use words I can understand, second what is the difference between your 2 to 3 years and my ten? Tell me a dealer that would take that spa back after 24-36 months of use. My point is that my value is guaranteed. And for the record Costco, nor Hydrospas could afford me. Not that there is anything wrong with working for someone, but working for the man, never gets you anywhere.

The difference is that I will know -after two years if this spa is a full on lemon. If I have to go through 18 more months of incessant problems, I am taking it back no matter how much it hassles me. In my case --as it would be for most-- a third year is cushion. There is no way I am holding on to a lemon for 10 years. BUT, If it runs OK for five years and I then have to do some nominal repairs, it becomes a maintenance and wear issue. I would not expect someone to take it back after ten years of use. BTW I agree that a dealer would probably not take it back after a few years. But when I looked into Hot Springs and Sundance, I was told five years "bumper-to-bumper" warranty.

But again, who in the world returns a spa. The reality is that we are not talking about a toaster oven. Even with all my hassles with the Platinum Elite, I eventually decided it was better to fix it than return it. So in this respect, Costco offers really solid value beacuse I believe they will back the consumer in documented cases of a defective product such as mine. I'd like to read about someone who actually took one back.

...The only thing that I wish was diff. on my tub was the speakers could get a little louder. When they are cranked they distort a bit.

Happy soakings all,

Push and hold the Equalizer button to enable (or disable) the 'loud' function. Also, depending on the kind of music you listen to, the equalizer setting (Off, jazz, pop, classic, rock, or vocal) can make a lot of difference because it brings in the subwoofer more effectively for the raps and such.

LOL that is actually pretty funny. That would be awsome if they had a 10 year return policy, I would buy one for S**T and giggles. lol

The only warranty Costco could give and remain in the spa business is to offer THEIR customers the same warranty offered to Costco by Hydrospa. To think otherwise is sheer stupidity, especially in light of Costco's overall narrow margins of profitability on THEIR other line of products.

The only warranty Costco could give and remain in the spa business is to offer THEIR customers the same warranty offered to Costco by Hydrospa. To think otherwise is sheer stupidity, especially in light of Costco's overall narrow margins of profitability on THEIR other line of products.

Take 5 minutes and call any Costco in the USA and ask them if they would take the return with a reciept after 10 years, no matter which store you call you will get the same answer a YES.

Take 5 minutes and call any Costco in the USA and ask them if they would take the return with a reciept after 10 years, no matter which store you call you will get the same answer a YES.

Costco has a great return policy and probably everyone agrees with that. But its still pretty absurd to think that someone will return a spa after using it 10 years and expect a 100% refund. Many people would consider it dishonest and immoral to try that. Kind of like what we used to call stealing.

So aside from the fact that Costco has a consumer-friendly return policy, what is your point?

It's got to the point that every time I walk into Costco, all I can think of is JMendoza and Paint.

LOL.....that was funny...I know what you mean! hey mendoza and paint.....post a pic of you and your hot tub for all of us!

It's got to the point that every time I walk into Costco, all I can think of is JMendoza and Paint.

LOL.....that was funny...I know what you mean! hey mendoza and paint.....post a pic of you and your hot tub for all of us!

I also got the Platinum Elite 2. And also had the problem you had Mendoza in your post. D make sure you seal the top display controller with a sealant and also make a drip loop from the display controller to the main controller.

Water from the spa will seap through and run right into the main controller and short circuit. The display controller is poorly sealed. I discovered the problem once my controller went out. But in my case, Hydrospa has been helpful.

Trust me a few dollars for sealant (silicone) will go a long way and possibly avoid a headache in the long run.

Also have you guys seen the new Hydrospa at Costo, 70+ jets nice interior and exterior. Very Nice.

Good luck with your new spa...Had my for 11 months and love it...

Later