Pool costs in Philly area

Guest Jaye

My husband and I are moving to the area west of Philadelphia (Chester County) and were wondering if anyone had some rough prices for inground pools in that area. I know there are alot of variables but we're trying to decide whether or not to look for a house with an existing pool or look at putting in one ourselves. We're coming from the Denver area where pool prices are outragious. Just wondering.....

Thanks

I am in the final stages of an inground pool project in Chester County. We received prices from several contractors. For a gunite free from 500sq ft pool with spa, I would plan on spending $40,000 for the pool alone. It is a pricey addition with many variables. I think $40,000 is a realistic average. Beware of the large pool companies unless they are willing to provide some references. There are several smaller high quality local pool companies. Email me for the particulars.

We are very happy with our contractors so far. We hope to be swimming by Memorial Day.

What pool company did you finally go with and which ones discouraged you. I live in New Jersey and am looking into an inground pool. but there is so many contractors and so many people have conflicting opinions.