120 Volt Or 240 Volt?

i have a 4 person spa made by 'Strong Spas'. The last owner told me that i could plug the spa into an outlet made for 120 voltage. I've had it working fine for about 2 months, and it stopped working the other day. i read about this spa, and the owner's manual recommend 240 voltage. The spa will not turn on. I have tried flipping the circuit breaker switch a few times, and it won't come on. i also tried resetting the spa, but this didn't work either. When this first happened, i flipped the breaker, and it came back on, but turned later on that night....any advice on what to do at this point? does it sound like i just need to increase the voltage on my outlet? or is the problem worse? any help would be greatly appreciated....

Increase your voltage? NO!!! How would you do that? 220/220 is more effecient than 110/120, that is probably the biggest reason it is reccommended. If I were in your shoes. I'd unplug my hot tub until I could get an electrician to verify that I don't have a new electrical problem in my walls! Something that could cause a fire! You may have aluminum wiring, or wiring that was too small to carry the current, and over time, a problem has developed! It is my guess that your problem is with your hot tub, but I've seen enough house fires to know that I couldn't sleep at night, not knowing for sure!