Liquid Solar Fish

mvp536

Does anyone have any info on these new Turbo Fish Liquid Solar Blankets that apparently put a liquid film over your pool so heat does not escape?

Not new, they have been around for a while now.

Do they work better then a solar cover or solar rings?

In a word...no.

don't waste your money on them, get a cover (and a reel if your pool will work with one).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey there,

The fish aren't the best. Some people really like them and some people feel that they are useless. However there is a new product called Cover Free made by Natural Chesmistry. It's a lot better than the fish because for one it's all natural products so it's safe. As well, when you jump in the pool, the liquid dispurses however is magnetized therefore it comes back together to keep the heat within; whereas the fish dispurses and stays detached which releases the heat. I bought mine at Pioneer Pools for around $30 and it will last me about 2 months. So far so good.

Hope this helps,

Sorry, this product is not really any different than the HeatSavr liquid found inside the solar fish and sold by the gallon. It is probably the very same thing in fact. These products do not really work if there is ANY water movement during the night so are most effective in heated indoor pools that are turned off at night.

The liquid is not 'magnitized' but does form a thin layoer on the surface of the water. If the water is undisturbed it can contain a few degrees of heat but not as much as a blanket. If there is any water movement form wind or anything else or if the circulation system is running the pool will not retain any heat. The product works by preventing or slowing heat loss from evaporation.

Also, this is the second time you have mentioned this Canadian retailer, which is becoming lery much like spam posts.

• 10 months later...

I agree with you Thomas152

We have been getting great feedback from our product coverfree being a weekly treatment, of course.

I believe this is the same enzyme based chemical as your Organic Chemistry product. The all natural chemicals are definitely a plus.

Hope this helps