Master Spas

tony123

Hi I have checked out 4 spa brands Sundance limelight Hotspot from hot springs and master spas what do you think about the qualty of master spas? I have a local dealer who quoted $8000 for a t2 twighlight series with the stonelook on the side cover lift stairs and chemical package is that a ghood price.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have checked out 4 spa brands Sundance limelight Hotspot from hot springs and master spas what do you think about the qualty of master spas? I have a local dealer who quoted $8000 for a t2 twighlight series with the stonelook on the side cover lift stairs and chemical package is that a ghood price.

Personally I would go with the Sundance or one of the Hot Springs easily before I'd go the Master route.

I have the twilight 8.2 and absolutely love it. Only at a month of ownership so can't give you too much info. Never tried the other brands so also can't compare too well. For comparison purposes...I spent $6250 (pre-tax) at one of those weekend shows. I might have gotten them down a little further on price...but don't think too much.

Hope this helps

I have the twilight 8.2 and absolutely love it. Only at a month of ownership so can't give you too much info. Never tried the other brands so also can't compare too well. For comparison purposes...I spent $6250 (pre-tax) at one of those weekend shows. I might have gotten them down a little further on price...but don't think too much.

Hope this helps

Be careful warp1, these folks around this here forum will eat you alive telling you how bad a decision you made buying a Master Spa from there traveling show. My wife and I went to one of their show's. We purchased a Down East Portsmouth model spa (master) and simply love it. We have had it running and hot going on 5 years now and have had only one problem......the ozonator (sp?) had to be replaced after 2 years.....free of charge too, that included parts AND labor with no extra warranty plan. Relax and enjoy your Master Spa and don't let the Spa "dealers" on this forum scare you. Besides, look at all the "HELP I got a problem" posts on this forum and read the names of the spa's involved.........very very few Master Spa's.......

As for the OP's question on price? Look, search and call dealers for price quotes and see what you come up with.

All of the brands you have mentioned are quality brands. I am a Master dealer so I obviously prefer the Twilight. Master Spas has always provided great support to their dealers, so if you go that route, you will be well taken care of. It is a great spa.

Well said Huskytub! A lot of ulterior motives flying around on here. My philosophy is, if the spa professional wont admit their affiliations, then take what they say with a grain of salt. For all you know, it could be the salesperson you talked to earlier trying to promote their brand!!

Kreg,

Your right their are alot of people that get on here and not put who they are or where they work,I believe you know mine. And these are all good brands and i know you sell Master ans our happy with them, I am glad you show up regularly to show your support, What is getting me is these guys that show up claiming to represent ( or sell Master) and pile on the threads for one day with an agenda,,like spazadio,guy911 or something like that.. And their facts are not there and go after everbody, then when you put it back to them they disapear to not hear from them again....So again i am glad you are still on here...

Hope this helps

Be careful warp1, these folks around this here forum will eat you alive telling you how bad a decision you made buying a Master Spa from there traveling show. My wife and I went to one of their show's. We purchased a Down East Portsmouth model spa (master) and simply love it. We have had it running and hot going on 5 years now and have had only one problem......the ozonator (sp?) had to be replaced after 2 years.....free of charge too, that included parts AND labor with no extra warranty plan. Relax and enjoy your Master Spa and don't let the Spa "dealers" on this forum scare you. Besides, look at all the "HELP I got a problem" posts on this forum and read the names of the spa's involved.........very very few Master Spa's.......

As for the OP's question on price? Look, search and call dealers for price quotes and see what you come up with.

I think this is because there are very, very few Master Spas that have been sold. Fewer spas extant = less problems noted.

All of the brands you have mentioned are quality brands. I am a Master dealer so I obviously prefer the Twilight. Master Spas has always provided great support to their dealers, so if you go that route, you will be well taken care of. It is a great spa.

Well said Huskytub! A lot of ulterior motives flying around on here. My philosophy is, if the spa professional wont admit their affiliations, then take what they say with a grain of salt. For all you know, it could be the salesperson you talked to earlier trying to promote their brand!!

since you are affiliated with Master I have a 100% serious question for you...Is all the bad press Master receives due to the "traveling spa shows" which I honestly don't know much about, or is it because the local dealers are not holding up there end of the deal as far as service/warranty support after the sale? now granted I realize every brand is going to have awesome dealers and in some cases not so awesome dealers, but to me Master gets constantly ragged on no matter what part of the country they happen to be in.

I think this is because there are very, very few Master Spas that have been sold. Fewer spas extant = less problems noted.

Not that I would even know where to look, but I would like to see how many Masters are sold as compared to other brands across the country for a year. You know, a list or something by manufacturer. I think that you would be wrong in your statement.........now, if you told me that less Master Spa "owners" post their problems of their spas here after reading the posts for fear of being told how they wasted their money on a spa and company who doesn't care about them after the sale.........I may have believed you....but probably not :)

And for the record, I am a Master Auto Tech not a spa salesman....and I'm a pretty good judge of workmanship of products that have anything to do with mechanics.

disclaimer: I am not a Rocket Scientist and Spa's "aint" no space shuttle ;)

A lot of the bad publicity from Master spas is from the road shows... It hurts... they came into town and took $100g's out of my months sales...

They sell **** loads of spas, and after they raped and pillaged me on their "spa expo" I bit the bullet and did the deliveries for the ones they sold in my market... It sucked but the reality was 30 tubs at $500 a tub was better than a kick in the shorts so I delivered them and hopefully captured the chemical business and also the service business.

The fact is with almost 30 tubs I delivered over the past year I have had no service calls and the build quality and component list were good. They make like 5 brands, and seem to be on the ball... I would not discount them just because a bunch of us got hammered by them and are pissed :lol::-)

HOWEVER.... Buying from the traveling "Spa Expo" is not a good deal, and can be very risky for the backup and support... I saw the invoices from the deals they did here and while a couple people got great deals the rest paid full pop retail, with a song and a dance... That's why they bring in closers... these guys are pros at getting the money honey

Not that I would even know where to look, but I would like to see how many Masters are sold as compared to other brands across the country for a year. You know, a list or something by manufacturer. I think that you would be wrong in your statement.........now, if you told me that less Master Spa "owners" post their problems of their spas here after reading the posts for fear of being told how they wasted their money on a spa and company who doesn't care about them after the sale.........I may have believed you....but probably not :)

And for the record, I am a Master Auto Tech not a spa salesman....and I'm a pretty good judge of workmanship of products that have anything to do with mechanics.

disclaimer: I am not a Rocket Scientist and Spa's "aint" no space shuttle ;)

No idea where one might get industry stats, but a fair WAG can be obtained by observing the used market, via Craigslist. Based on used market, I think Master is maybe 1 in 75 of all spas sold. Very rough guess based on my own observations, it could easily be 1 in 100 or higher. If somebody has some better data, post it.

I haven't seen many Master spas to speak of their quality but I did get quite a few phone calls from unhappy customers this winter asking if I would service them. This is the first winter that I seemed to receive a lot of these calls.

Most were purchased from these travelling spa shows and the common theme in the customer's plight was that the Master dealers that they were given the names of for service were closed during the week and only open on Sat. and Sun. So what do they do when the tub is not heating or the jet pump/circulation pump was not working on a Monday and it's 5 degrees out?

If you're going to buy one, I would certainly ask this question and try to nail down in writing an acceptable response.

No idea where one might get industry stats, but a fair WAG can be obtained by observing the used market, via Craigslist. Based on used market, I think Master is maybe 1 in 75 of all spas sold. Very rough guess based on my own observations, it could easily be 1 in 100 or higher. If somebody has some better data, post it.

See, to me using the "used for sale" market as an indication, I don't see that as not many master Spa's out there......I see it as not many Master Spa owners who are selling their hot tubs because they are happy with them and are having no problems with them making them put them up for sale ;)

It's all interpretation I guess

PoolSpaGuy it's real simple. When you sell as many spas as Master, your competition doesn't like you very much. They only get hammered on forums full of spa salesmen. Otherwise, Master wins every award that is available in the spa industry. The bs you hear on this forum isn't the reality of the situation. Every Master dealer in the country has a BBB rating of a B+ or better. Most customers are smart enough to see beyond the smear campaign, fortunately.

As for number of units sold, I would be shocked if they weren't towards the top of the list.

And please tell me which city you are from where everyone pays full retail. I will open a store there immediately! :rolleyes:

If you're going to buy one, I would certainly ask this question and try to nail down in writing an acceptable response.

This I do agree with. When we purchased ours we were told "up front" the dealer that would be delivering, setting up AND responsible for any problems we would have.

PoolSpaGuy it's real simple. When you sell as many spas as Master, your competition doesn't like you very much. They only get hammered on forums full of spa salesmen. Otherwise, Master wins every award that is available in the spa industry. The bs you hear on this forum isn't the reality of the situation. Every Master dealer in the country has a BBB rating of a B+ or better. Most customers are smart enough to see beyond the smear campaign, fortunately.

As for number of units sold, I would be shocked if they weren't towards the top of the list.

And please tell me which city you are from where everyone pays full retail. I will open a store there immediately! :rolleyes:

Master is probably somewhere between 6th and 10th in sales if I had to guess. They're hardly the spa brand "giant" that people are going to go after to take down.

Its true that no other brand gets hammered the way they do on these sites. Kreg likes to say its the competition not liking them for salesmanship sake by why don't we see similar constant bashing of Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Sundance, etc. who sell far more spas? Why don't we see similar bashing of brands like Marquis and Caldera who probably sell similar amounts (speculating, haven't seen numbers but assume they would be similar).

Would Master have this reputation if it weren't for those infamous shows? Maybe not. I may not be a fan of the product quality/energy efficiency but the reality is Master's reputation is mostly due to the unscrupulous tactics taken to try to sell spas through that traveling sales scam of a show.

If you're buying from a Master dealer who has been around awhile, carried that product a few years and seems to be the kind of dealer who'll stand behind their customer then that’is fine but otherwise I'd be leery. Their reputation is not due to jealous competition, its laughable to think everyone would single them out as if they're the gorilla in the room. If you're in a car forum and other car dealers want to take pot shots for the sake of sales you'd expect them to bash Toyota, Ford and Chevy, the main competition, not Suburu.

These are the type of consumer responses I'm used to seeing about the Master shows.

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?rev=5625

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9493

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9485

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?md=read;id=9513

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/bbs/config.pl?md=read;id=96106

http://www.rhtubs.com/cgi-bin/reviews/reviews.pl?rev=1602

In our neck of the woods, the Master dealers got rid of them, it possibly could have been the shows that resulted in the consequence but no one really knows but the dealers themselves... As for all the awards Master wins... the one thing that strikes me funny is the swim spa challenge,and the spa challenge, the cover up the names of the spas, and have these customers who know nothing about the spas ...To me it would have more merit if was done by an independent auditing company, then i would believe the results.... But i think that the traveling circus had a big part of why Master has a bad rap....When the show was going and they came to our town . the sales people would tell them certain dealers can repair the spa,,, We had several customers come in here, We have never carried Master, so thats were i have a credibilty issue with Master......ANd the other which most have seen the posts, AS soon as Master is brought all these newbies show spout off then disapear...If the Master are sold by a dealer that has been around for a while and have had success with the line that is fine, But the bashing on the threads is brought on by how these guys show up then leave.......and they can't back it up...Kreg has been on here a while, i don't have a problem with him. its the others....

It all comes down to the same thing in the end... the dealer makes the difference...

There traveling pony show has definitely caused a load of back lash on these sites... and cost them more than a few dealers... but it is because the salesmen have no accountability they say anything to close the deal because they dont care, they take their 5% and go home and never hear from the customer again...

And I think the numbers are wrong... they are one of the big players. between Twilight spas, master spas, down east spas, legacy spas, contractor series and the swim spa line they sell a lot of hot tubs.

And I have to say I do like their momentum swim spa...

It all comes down to the same thing in the end... the dealer makes the difference...

There traveling pony show has definitely caused a load of back lash on these sites... and cost them more than a few dealers... but it is because the salesmen have no accountability they say anything to close the deal because they dont care, they take their 5% and go home and never hear from the customer again...

And I think the numbers are wrong... they are one of the big players. between Twilight spas, master spas, down east spas, legacy spas, contractor series and the swim spa line they sell a lot of hot tubs.

And I have to say I do like their momentum swim spa...

And I agree that the problem at those shows is with the salespeople ON THE SURFACE but Master knows that and does not correct it. They want that short term gain they get from those scam shows through often unscrupulous manners and because of it they also get the long term pain. Its their problem to fix just like a manufacturer has a responsibility to correct or get rid of dealers who do not represent their brand properly but they don’t do it.

As far as sales go, well I think we all know they're behind Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Sundance (and I'll assume Cal too) no one seems to really know exact numbers so as far as them vs the others like Marquis, Caldera, Arctic, Artesian, etc. I don't think anyone knows for sure which is why I said they're probably somewhere between 6th and 10th if I had to guess. Maybe we can reduce it to say somewhere between 5th and 8th but either way they are not some heavyweight that all other people on this site are going to rally to discredit for the sake of their sales. If that kind of effort was going to take place here it would be against the real behemoths like Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Sundance but you just don't see that.

I know nothing about their swim spas, maybe they are good, no comment on them from me.

As of 2009....Based on Estimated Units

1. Jacuzzi/ Sundance

2. Hot Springs / Caldera

3. Master Spas

4. Cal Spas

5. Dynasty

6. Thermo Spas

7. Arctic Spas

8. Hydropool

9. Coast Spas

10. Beachcomber

This is interesting, no mention of 3-5 g's value tubs. Either they are so far below sales of high to mid lines or................?

1. Jacuzzi/ Sundance

2. Hot Springs / Caldera

3. Master Spas

4. Cal Spas

5. Dynasty

6. Thermo Spas

7. Arctic Spas

8. Hydropool

9. Coast Spas

10. Beachcomber

That seems about right to me. And while I think the average Master dealer outsells Jacuzzi, Sundance, Hot Spring, and Caldera in their respective markets, these companies probably have a lot more dealers total.

Take the spa challenge and swim spa challenge was done by an independent company. Master had no control of the results. When I spoke of awards, I was talking SpaSearch Certification, BBB Torch Award, earnst and young, and the Spa industry's own Inspire Award.

I ran into a sleezebag car salesman today at the dealership down the road. I'm gonna call Ford on Monday and blame it on them. Shouldn't they know every salesman at every dealership everywhere?

Not to kick a dead horse, but most definitely research the dealer you buy from. There are subpar dealers of every brand.

Off topic, but this Japan thing is unbelievable! Huge earthquake, tsunami, and now possible nuclear meltdown? God help them.

1. Jacuzzi/ Sundance

2. Hot Springs / Caldera

3. Master Spas

4. Cal Spas

5. Dynasty

6. Thermo Spas

7. Arctic Spas

8. Hydropool

9. Coast Spas

10. Beachcomber

Did those numbers come from Master headquarters? Its convenient to lump Sundance and Jacuzzi together and Hot Springd and Calder together when they are clearly separate brands out in the marketplace but I understand why someone might look at them taht way. I don't believe Master outsells Cal but in the end no matter what the real order is it really doesn't matter. Maybe Master is about the 5th highest selling brand but it doesn't cause people to unite against them on this site as if they're Apple and everyone is out to get them. Their reputation was earned,it was not concocted as some conspiracy to blackball them lol.