35Yrs In Business And No Reviews

getnold

I have been researching Clearwater spas, to find nobody other then the dealers really know anything about them. Being they have been in business for 35yrs I would think somebody would have some information about them. Unless it is what my wife said, if something is really good nobody ever says anything about it, it is only when people have problems that you hear about it. I guess I'm gonna be the Guiena pig on this forum for them.

I have been researching Clearwater spas, to find nobody other then the dealers really know anything about them. Being they have been in business for 35yrs I would think somebody would have some information about them. Unless it is what my wife said, if something is really good nobody ever says anything about it, it is only when people have problems that you hear about it. I guess I'm gonna be the Guiena pig on this forum for them.

Well, if you are going to be the guinea pig, I'd suggest starting where every potential hot tub purchaser should start, the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/spas-and-hot-tubs-dealers/clearwater-spas-in-woodinville-wa-27028748

Paste that link into your browser and you will find two immediate problems. First, their BBB rating is not good, unless you consider D+ to be good. Second, take that 35 years in business statement with a grain of salt. The BBB records indicate that it is 15 years old. Personally, I find it very troubling when any manufacturer or retailer tries to overinflate their resume. Finally, they probably do not produce a lot of tubs. I punched my zip code into their "dealer locator". They gave me dealers from Ontario to North Carolina, and there were only about a dozen dealers at that!! I don't know, maybe they have more dealers on the West Coast.

Any good reviews I did find on them were from web sites that manufacturers pay for a rating. Yes, there are a bunch of web sites that will give rave reviews for a particular brand if the price is right. The more the manufacturer pays, the higher the rating. Get the picture!!

John

Well, if you are going to be the guinea pig, I'd suggest starting where every potential hot tub purchaser should start, the Better Business Bureau:

http://www.bbb.org/western-washington/business-reviews/spas-and-hot-tubs-dealers/clearwater-spas-in-woodinville-wa-27028748

Paste that link into your browser and you will find two immediate problems. First, their BBB rating is not good, unless you consider D+ to be good. Second, take that 35 years in business statement with a grain of salt. The BBB records indicate that it is 15 years old. Personally, I find it very troubling when any manufacturer or retailer tries to overinflate their resume. Finally, they probably do not produce a lot of tubs. I punched my zip code into their "dealer locator". They gave me dealers from Ontario to North Carolina, and there were only about a dozen dealers at that!! I don't know, maybe they have more dealers on the West Coast.

Any good reviews I did find on them were from web sites that manufacturers pay for a rating. Yes, there are a bunch of web sites that will give rave reviews for a particular brand if the price is right. The more the manufacturer pays, the higher the rating. Get the picture!!

John

They resolved some of the issues with customer satisfaction, and some complaints were left unanswered by the consumer. I would really need to know what the actual complaints were to make a better assessment of the company. I have called them directly to ask questions, and they always answer the phone and take time to answer everything fully. The problem is they sold all their Reatil stores and service centers in Seattle to a another Company on the retail end 3 years ago. They still manufacture the tubs, but don't do the retail end. So are the complaints agaist the quality and workmanship of the tub or more issues with poor customer service through the retail end. I do see that some of their adds mention that A number of professional sports franchises including the Seattle Mariners & Seahawks, Chicago Cubs, and Los Angeles Lakers use Clearwater Spas for hydrotherapy. Maybe they received these for free so they use them or maybe they are pretty good. I do know that when my wife and son used the tub then went directly into the D1 spa they stated that the clearwater was much better for comfort and massage. Do you know if there is anyway to actually see the actual complaints?? Thanks

i sell both the Clearwater and The D1, I sell more D1's than i do the Clearwater, We have not seen many issues with the Clearwater, seem to be a decent tub, are they better than a D1 i don"t think so, I think D1 has a better filtration system, and designs are better, Comfort both good, I think again D1s over the whole lineup does a better job, Both have great warranties. The BBB thing i take with a grain of salt,,, we had a stove stop in our neck of the woods that the BBB was revoked, 3 months later they are on their as a non accredited company and now have a b+ rating,,,and was a F and revoked,,,something not right wouldn't you agree.

i sell both the Clearwater and The D1, I sell more D1's than i do the Clearwater, We have not seen many issues with the Clearwater, seem to be a decent tub, are they better than a D1 i don"t think so, I think D1 has a better filtration system, and designs are better, Comfort both good, I think again D1s over the whole lineup does a better job, Both have great warranties. The BBB thing i take with a grain of salt,,, we had a stove stop in our neck of the woods that the BBB was revoked, 3 months later they are on their as a non accredited company and now have a b+ rating,,,and was a F and revoked,,,something not right wouldn't you agree.

What makes the D1 filtration better? also is an ozone filter icluded or an option with the Genesis system. I was told if you do the Genesis ISIS system you don't get the ozone filtering and another dealer said you get both. Clearwater factory rep said you can't have both together which is it. Thanks

When you add the Genesis sytem to the spas it does not use the ozone with it, the System does not use both... Also on the the difference off the D1 Ultrapure system, the ozone is not just an add on item were the contact chamber loops in the pump compartment then straight shot into the tub,,short cycle, the D1 system has 3 contact chambers also off gases in the chambers, so it will not breakdown the pillows and the bottom of the cover as fast. it was designed with the 24/7 low amp circ pump, with the use of the Vision mineral cartridge will kill more bacteria thus dropping the amount of chemicals you use... On the Clearwaters i sell i talk people out of the Genesis....But i really like the way the D1 system ( Ultrapure ) works...

When you add the Genesis sytem to the spas it does not use the ozone with it, the System does not use both... Also on the the difference off the D1 Ultrapure system, the ozone is not just an add on item were the contact chamber loops in the pump compartment then straight shot into the tub,,short cycle, the D1 system has 3 contact chambers also off gases in the chambers, so it will not breakdown the pillows and the bottom of the cover as fast. it was designed with the 24/7 low amp circ pump, with the use of the Vision mineral cartridge will kill more bacteria thus dropping the amount of chemicals you use... On the Clearwaters i sell i talk people out of the Genesis....But i really like the way the D1 system ( Ultrapure ) works...

Thanks I know for the 2011 tubs they changed the 2 three hp pumps to one 6hp pump.I think there were also changes to the circulater pump do you know what they changed does it run 24/7? Any other changes other then the addition of more jets Thanks

getnold

you must be talking about the Clearwater spas, the St. Andrew changed in Sept. they used to have 58 jets and 3 - 5 h.p pumps on the signature model, since Sept. they came with 2 6h.p pumps, and still uses the same circ pump....they actually redisigned this model in September. If you look at the old brochure the seating on the captains chairs changed,

getnold

you must be talking about the Clearwater spas, the St. Andrew changed in Sept. they used to have 58 jets and 3 - 5 h.p pumps on the signature model, since Sept. they came with 2 6h.p pumps, and still uses the same circ pump....they actually redisigned this model in September. If you look at the old brochure the seating on the captains chairs changed,

Yes I am talking about the clearwater Monaco, they made changes to this unit for 2011. Also do you know what kind of ozonater they use. Thanks dave