Clearwater Xs93 Signature Vs Arctic Yukon Signature

DazedNconfused

This is nothing ground breaking its just an advanced step above the Spa Monitor which has been around for 5yrs. Its smart of Arctic & Apollo spas to bring this to smart phone apps but as I said its a gimmick just like waterfalls, lighted fountains & other un-essential stuff. Arctic hasnt switched to the more expensive menu driven control pad which would make tubbing more convenient & does everything this app does because its cheaper to make software throw a knock off name from GMs onstar & market the hell out of it. Smart marketing for sure. Here's a link to check out some screen shots http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/lifestyle/arctic-spas_rqvm_screenshots.html

Its not gimmicky, and your right it is a STEP above EVERYONE else. Dangit Blue Falls your supposed to be eight steps ahead! Although Ill argue that it has way more functionability than what your giving it credit for. (go figure) To be able to turn seats on and off with the touch of a button, stream music wirelessly from your smartphone, and within 6 months be able to check the status of your Arctic Spa from ANYWHERE, whether your on vacation, home, or work. And that control pad may do some of this stuff at the spa but it DOESNT do it from anywhere.

Have you even seen it function yet? Oh, thats right you havent.

From that discription alone it sounds pretty gimmicky to me. Who needs any of that? Just one more way to over complicate something that should be kept simple. Hope Arctic has better luck with that control than they have had getting their salt chlorination system to work.

On the otherhand it does fit into Arctic's philosophy of over-hyping any and all aspects of their tubs.

I am sure when the brand of spa that you sell copy cats Arctic and gets up to date and starts offering it, it will be the newest greatest thing and you will love it. Its laughable that the competing dealers here call it gimmicky. It is far from that. :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you waterboy but I am not a dealer, just a consumer expressing his opinion.

It may be convenient for you to try to deflect any criticism of Arctic tubs as being attacks by competing dealers, but it just isn't true.

No disappointed at all. There are many existing Arctic customers and many more future customers that will LOVE this feature. Most of it is from competing dealers, and YOU are kidding yourself if you try to tell yourself that it isnt.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the theory of being able to check on your spa anywere regardless of the brand i think IMO is one of the dumbest things for a spa, I am not married to a spa, even my own, its the last thing i want to think about wether i am gone for 3 days or 2 weeks, if all of these spas are that good and are energy efficient , why woould you need that,,,, does not make sense to me personally, so if brand x and brand y are that good as stated then why the need? if i was a customer and was going to base a decision to buy a tub knowing i could monitor from somewhere else. i should not be looking at buying a hot tub, I can see this technology for a house on alarms, heating, but on a spa come on!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your opinion of it. Just curious, do you have a smart phone? So far, the feedback has been incredible on it. I have figured out that most people that own those phones love them, and use them for everything. So when you show them that feature, their eyes light up and they think they need to have it. It could come in handy many many times under lots of different scenarios. It doesn't matter how good of a car or hot tub or furnace you buy, at some point they will have something go wrong with them. That's where this device could become very handy for lots and lots of people. I expect it to be very popular, especially with the younger buyers. imo.

Couple more points to think about, these will also work on I-Pads and the droid tablets. This is where the future is headed. Just last year alone, Apple sold 14.8 million Ipads. And yesterday they introduced the Ipad 2, so expect that number to grow significantly. Apple sold 4.13 million Macs during the quarter, a 23 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 16.24 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 86 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 19.45 million iPods during the quarter, representing a seven percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter. The Company also sold 7.33 million iPads during the quarter. Yesterday they announced that they have sold over 100 million IPhones world wide. Again, with all these products being sold, it is obvious where there future is headed.

Ah yes, I can see it now. The camera zooms in on the couple crusing down 101 in their BMW convertible. "Hey Brooke, let's check in on our hot tub". "Really Bruce, we can do that?" "Sure, I do it all the time at work. Wait a sec - dropped the signal again - hold on, here we go - OMG, it's up to 108 and I had it set for 102!" "Damn, better call the service guy again - good thing that I have him entered into my smartphone. I'll guess I should have him install that Arctic Chiller after all. Maybe while he is there he can get the Onzen salt water system to work this time. Luckily the Ultimate Lighting, Peak II Ozone, Therapy Air, and Super Jet have been mostly okay since he came last week. I love being able to call him on my smart phone! Now, let's see if I can find a link to a place that sells gasoline - it looks like we're down to half a tank and according to my mapping app the next town is 4.7 miles away."

That sounds about right from a competitor that doesn't compete well against Arctic that has a slanted view about everything that they do. Yep, you pretty much summed it up Spawn. Keep up the great work bro! :wacko::rolleyes:

Good waterboy - stay in denial and continue to state that only a competing dealer would see anything negative about Arctic.

By the way, you and fellow dealer waylon stand alone among all dealers in this forum in the way you agressively promote your product. Thankfully the other dealers are more leveled headed and restrained perhaps because they have more confidence in their product. Keep up the hype if you will but be aware that some consumers get turned off by it.

on the theory of being able to check on your spa anywere regardless of the brand i think IMO is one of the dumbest things for a spa, I am not married to a spa, even my own, its the last thing i want to think about wether i am gone for 3 days or 2 weeks, if all of these spas are that good and are energy efficient , why woould you need that,,,, does not make sense to me personally, so if brand x and brand y are that good as stated then why the need? if i was a customer and was going to base a decision to buy a tub knowing i could monitor from somewhere else. i should not be looking at buying a hot tub, I can see this technology for a house on alarms, heating, but on a spa come on!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your opinion of it. Just curious, do you have a smart phone? So far, the feedback has been incredible on it. I have figured out that most people that own those phones love them, and use them for everything. So when you show them that feature, their eyes light up and they think they need to have it. It could come in handy many many times under lots of different scenarios. It doesn't matter how good of a car or hot tub or furnace you buy, at some point they will have something go wrong with them. That's where this device could become very handy for lots and lots of people. I expect it to be very popular, especially with the younger buyers. imo.

Couple more points to think about, these will also work on I-Pads and the droid tablets. This is where the future is headed. Just last year alone, Apple sold 14.8 million Ipads. And yesterday they introduced the Ipad 2, so expect that number to grow significantly. Apple sold 4.13 million Macs during the quarter, a 23 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 16.24 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 86 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 19.45 million iPods during the quarter, representing a seven percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter. The Company also sold 7.33 million iPads during the quarter. Yesterday they announced that they have sold over 100 million IPhones world wide. Again, with all these products being sold, it is obvious where there future is headed.

Ah yes, I can see it now. The camera zooms in on the couple crusing down 101 in their BMW convertible. "Hey Brooke, let's check in on our hot tub". "Really Bruce, we can do that?" "Sure, I do it all the time at work. Wait a sec - dropped the signal again - hold on, here we go - OMG, it's up to 108 and I had it set for 102!" "Damn, better call the service guy again - good thing that I have him entered into my smartphone. I'll guess I should have him install that Arctic Chiller after all. Maybe while he is there he can get the Onzen salt water system to work this time. Luckily the Ultimate Lighting, Peak II Ozone, Therapy Air, and Super Jet have been mostly okay since he came last week. I love being able to call him on my smart phone! Now, let's see if I can find a link to a place that sells gasoline - it looks like we're down to half a tank and according to my mapping app the next town is 4.7 miles away."

That sounds about right from a competitor that doesn't compete well against Arctic that has a slanted view about everything that they do. Yep, you pretty much summed it up Spawn. Keep up the great work bro! :wacko::rolleyes:

Good waterboy - stay in denial and continue to state that only a competing dealer would see anything negative about Arctic.

By the way, you and fellow dealer waylon stand alone among all dealers in this forum in the way you agressively promote your product. Thankfully the other dealers are more leveled headed and restrained perhaps because they have more confidence in their product. Keep up the hype if you will but be aware that some consumers get turned off by it.

I disagree. If you read this this whole thread(I doubt you do as it is getting long) nothing was once ever promoted. It started with other dealers stating wrong things about Arctic Spas. That is when Waylon and myself corrected those and pointed out the most up to date Arctic products. Plus, the OP and other potential consumers have asked questions about Arctic's. What are we supposed to do, not answer the questions? Leave the wrong info out there and let the sharks continue to pile on? I won't stand for that, nor will I not answer questions. I have even had people pm'ing me to ask questions. Sorry if don't present it in a way that you like. Just trying to help and keep stuff accurate. One thing that you never see from Waylon, myself or any other Arctic dealers is the bad mouthing of other brands like many of our colleagues do here and many other forums!

I am in the process of purchasing my first spa I have read a lot on the Arctic spa and it seems great for the cold weather but was a little out of my price range. Clearwater spas have similarities and I found a good price. My dilema started a couple days ago when the Arctic dealer offered a great deal on a Yukon Signature. $7500 for everything, compared to $6700 for the Clearwater XS93 signature. My biggest problem is the fact that the Yukon is a little smaller and the dealer is over 200 miles away, whereas, the Clearwater dealer (who I really like) is local.

I don't have enough knowledge about spas to know if Arctic is a superior product or not and if it is worth the long distance purchase or if I should stick with the local dealer and buy the clearwater?

Please help I am losing sleep and driving my wife crazy looking at spas. :blink:

Getting back to the original questions from the original poster...

In my opinion, you would be better served by purchasing the Clearwater spa from the local dealer who you have a good relationship with than from the Arctic dealer located 200 miles away. In my opinion, not only will you pay more to purchase the Arctic, you will also pay more to service and maintain it over the long haul. In my opinion, you will not get better hydrotherapy from the Arctic spa. In my opinion, it would be best for you to wet test the Clearwater and make sure that it is comfortable for you. Good luck with your purchase and let us know how things work out.

already being done by a much reliable source than a internet dude.

Bought and paid for by Arctic...now that's reliable!!!!! And then to get stommped by the competition...LOL Yep good move keep using those results.

Seems to me this conversation/thread is between 2 Arctic dealers and about 3 consumers.....Hmmmmmm wonder who the competing dealers are in this thread.

Could someone please point them out to me? I must be missing something. Oh and what brand do they sell?

already being done by a much reliable source than a internet dude.

Bought and paid for by Arctic...now that's reliable!!!!! And then to get stommped by the competition...LOL Yep good move keep using those results.

Their is other testing about to occur, and it won't be done by Arctic or initiated by Arctic.

The proof will be in the pudding. ;)

Keep taking jabs!

you know there have been some really good facts and thoughts in this thread, there were some jabs, but we will always have that, But the statement that facts were wrong so you had to set it straight, i looked back through really did not see anything that Artic was getting slammed, but it is good to see you back them up, But it just seems funny that when a statement was made you came back and said that the 2011 spa will have that and so it makes it better,But you guys have stated they were the best in 2010 , but with the changes happening like on the circ pump does not make sense unless you guys were losing sales to it....I myself have not slammed your brand or really any other , i have stated facts, and my opinions,,, the problem i have is the guys with agendas, were they sell the best and have not even been around other brands but its the best.... i think a few weeks ago there was i guy that showed up and slammed the heck out of me, i came back with the facts, and he disappeared,,, This site is great i have said that before, i have been a member since 2007 , i wish i would have started respodeing back then, but i do not try to answer every thread only what i know to help,,, that is what this site is about ....to help the consumer....I am not on here to promote my business, i like this industry and try to help out....i sell against Arctic every day a matter of fact i compete against 30 different brands of spas with over 15 dealers of spa represented in a area less than 100 miles in the northwest,,,,and not in a big city on the coast,,, i see a hell of a lot of brochures ....I just got done with a home show with 6 dealerships and one of them was not the Artic delaer who normally does all the shows.....

First of all it doesn't really matter what peoples opinions are on which one is better till you wet test both. You may find one to be uncomfortable then the whole question becomes moot. Most Dealers need to be taken with a grain of salt. I stopped by a local Sundance dealer to look at their spa's because a friend of mine has one and likes it. Anyway after looking at a few I asked if they had a lounger with more jets and she stated the Maxxus was the top of the line unit. Then she asked if I had looked at any other spa's and I mentioned Clearwater. She said I never heard of them, but I know our spa is better. Quite a bold and stupid statement.

I just want to see Arctic represented properly as a brand, they are as good as any spa made. Im not saying that they are the best, to say that is just opinion. They are among the very best though, with no one spa manufacturer being the best.

Funny you brought up shows, we do shows every year and compete against Sundance, Hot Spring, Master, Emerald, Calspa, Bullfrog. Everyone has all been well represented throughout the years. I expanded our booths this year, and have attended every show, while only the Hot Spring Dealer has shown up at all. He was only in one other show with me so far. So just cause Arctic wasnt represented at yours doesnt mean they arent elsewhere.

I have been around for years on the board just like anyone else. I come and go mainly cause our busy seasons fluctuate so much, and sometimes the constant banter that Arctic is all marketing and nothing more, quite frankly gets tiresome. If they were strictly just a marketing company they wouldnt be in the business for as long as they have been.

you know there have been some really good facts and thoughts in this thread, there were some jabs, but we will always have that, But the statement that facts were wrong so you had to set it straight, i looked back through really did not see anything that Artic was getting slammed, but it is good to see you back them up, But it just seems funny that when a statement was made you came back and said that the 2011 spa will have that and so it makes it better,But you guys have stated they were the best in 2010 , but with the changes happening like on the circ pump does not make sense unless you guys were losing sales to it....I myself have not slammed your brand or really any other , i have stated facts, and my opinions,,, the problem i have is the guys with agendas, were they sell the best and have not even been around other brands but its the best.... i think a few weeks ago there was i guy that showed up and slammed the heck out of me, i came back with the facts, and he disappeared,,, This site is great i have said that before, i have been a member since 2007 , i wish i would have started respodeing back then, but i do not try to answer every thread only what i know to help,,, that is what this site is about ....to help the consumer....I am not on here to promote my business, i like this industry and try to help out....i sell against Arctic every day a matter of fact i compete against 30 different brands of spas with over 15 dealers of spa represented in a area less than 100 miles in the northwest,,,,and not in a big city on the coast,,, i see a hell of a lot of brochures ....I just got done with a home show with 6 dealerships and one of them was not the Artic delaer who normally does all the shows.....

[/quote

Also you guys need to keep in mind how they would react if people were on here calling their brand "gimmicky" or "all marketing". If I typed that and labeled any major brand that, people that sell those brands would rightfully take offense. No more no less...

Personally I dont really think its a big deal that we added a circ pump, when you look at them operate they dont pull that much water thru filtration anyways, a bigger pump that runs for four hours pulls in much more water and much more debris. Not a big deal really, just one less thing that we have to convince people that you dont need the circ pump to filter properly.

Nobody called the spas gimmicky the options are gimmicky there's a difference. Marketing absolutely plays a huge role. If they didn't have such aggressive marketing they would be by the wayside as Arctic was late to the game & needed to stand out. They are no different then HS as they are a marketing force Im personally not impressed with a bunch of their models but tonnes of people buy them because the dealers know how to sell considering I think they have 4+ extensive levels of sales training. But the difference is the HS boys are subtle with whats new & some Arctic folk tout their new options as the greatest thing since slice bread. Now what I want to see is a customer that will bring their phone near the open tub to control jetting on individual seat as mentioned b4. Everything is Marketing if marketing wasnt around everyone would have trouble selling tubs. No one bashed the quality of the Arctic tubs, issues were taken with the marketing aspects & the stories which in the past Arctic earned that black eye its trying to get past now.