Clearwater Xs93 Signature Vs Arctic Yukon Signature

DazedNconfused

The Arctic will for sure perform as good as any full foam spa out there in a power outage. I too have seen this firsthand. Again, all we have is the CEC testing for now, which by the way is absolutely bogus, just look at the numbers that Dynasty reported. Other studies will be done and will be much more regulated.

Yes it does. I have witnessed this first hand. I have told this story many times before, but I will say it again. I had a customer who has an Arctic Spa. She was without power for two weeks during a major ice storm we had here a few years back. The temps during the days for that time were upper 20,'s to below freezing. The lows at night were lower to mid teens. She came in and thanked us for selling her a spa that didnt freeze, as her first spa(not an Arctic) did freeze and luckily for her, her insurance bought her a new spa from us. Anyways, in two weeks time, her spa went from 104 degrees to 64 degrees when she turned the spa back on. Again, no power, spa still full of water, with ice all over her cover.

The Arctic's will last as long if not longer than any spa out there during power outages!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a three pump system might generate enough heat to warm the cold air coming in when they are all on... On a not too cold winter day... My three pump system (full foam) also increases this way. but that does not change the fact that the cold air from outside must be filling the cabinet... (On my spa it will only fill the front area)

The argument was that the freezing cold air does full the cabinet... as it must, as the air is injected into the spa... and unless you are running three pumps, it will cool under the cabinet...

So I amend my statement.... unless you have a tub full of people and while you are are using three pumps on high at the same time... then you will fill the cabinet with cold air... and if you are thinking that it is an efficient way to heat your tub (running three pumps) then think again...

Well, my good friend Lakota who has a two pump spa does the exact same thing. I have sat in there with him when it did it. Again, real life examples. What is it you are trying to prove here? What you said earlier was wrong. I have never said that it solely heats off of the motor 24/7. I am not sure where we are going here.

This is interesting to me. You and Waylon seem to be suggesting that on a cold day an Artic spa will get warmer during use by just relying on the waste heat and without the heater running. I had not heard that before.

Gecko has been talking about this for a while. Back in September they were looking for feedback from Gecko parts dealers. My main issue was no compatibility for Blackberry. Its a decent idea but unless its rolling out with bluetooth 3.3 its dead in the water. It will definitely catch the eye of the buyers who are solely buying on gimmicks.

Plus, I bet you that soon some energy testing is going to be done by different agencies than the CEC. Proof will be in the pudding there. ;)

I have been out there as the perfect host for an independent tester for several years. Just send me a PM and i will send you my address where to send your tub for testing. No charge. I will move them into the test chamber (back yard) hook them up on my meter. Fill them and test them for a period of 6 months from January until June and report the results. Then you come get the tub and I will start staging the next one for Jan of the next year.

Any takers?

Plus, I bet you that soon some energy testing is going to be done by different agencies than the CEC. Proof will be in the pudding there. ;)

I have been out there as the perfect host for an independent tester for several years. Just send me a PM and i will send you my address where to send your tub for testing. No charge. I will move them into the test chamber (back yard) hook them up on my meter. Fill them and test them for a period of 6 months from January until June and report the results. Then you come get the tub and I will start staging the next one for Jan of the next year.

Any takers?

already being done by a much reliable source than a internet dude.

Gecko has been talking about this for a while. Back in September they were looking for feedback from Gecko parts dealers. My main issue was no compatibility for Blackberry. Its a decent idea but unless its rolling out with bluetooth 3.3 its dead in the water. It will definitely catch the eye of the buyers who are solely buying on gimmicks.

btw, its far from gimmicky! It has lots of great functions. I love how all the competition uses the word "gimmick" when it has nothing else to say about it.

No people say it is gimmicky when it is a second rate control with loads of gimmicks attached to it... :rolleyes:

Its far from a second rate control! Thats just what you call it! There is no "gimmicks" attached to it, everything is actually quite usefull, and if you weren't such a negative nancy and looked at stuff with an open mind like most consumers you could see that! I suppose you call the convenient features on all the new cars that incorporate smartphones "gimmicky" too. When in all reality they make life simpler. Fact is people love there smartphones not only for the "gimmicky" features, but because there are lots of functions on them that make everyday life much easier.

Now back to more ways to incoporate "gimmicky" into MY sales pitch.

This is nothing ground breaking its just an advanced step above the Spa Monitor which has been around for 5yrs. Its smart of Arctic & Apollo spas to bring this to smart phone apps but as I said its a gimmick just like waterfalls, lighted fountains & other un-essential stuff. Arctic hasnt switched to the more expensive menu driven control pad which would make tubbing more convenient & does everything this app does because its cheaper to make software throw a knock off name from GMs onstar & market the hell out of it. Smart marketing for sure. Here's a link to check out some screen shots http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/lifestyle/arctic-spas_rqvm_screenshots.html

This is nothing ground breaking its just an advanced step above the Spa Monitor which has been around for 5yrs. Its smart of Arctic & Apollo spas to bring this to smart phone apps but as I said its a gimmick just like waterfalls, lighted fountains & other un-essential stuff. Arctic hasnt switched to the more expensive menu driven control pad which would make tubbing more convenient & does everything this app does because its cheaper to make software throw a knock off name from GMs onstar & market the hell out of it. Smart marketing for sure. Here's a link to check out some screen shots http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/lifestyle/arctic-spas_rqvm_screenshots.html

Its not gimmicky, and your right it is a STEP above EVERYONE else. Dangit Blue Falls your supposed to be eight steps ahead! Although Ill argue that it has way more functionability than what your giving it credit for. (go figure) To be able to turn seats on and off with the touch of a button, stream music wirelessly from your smartphone, and within 6 months be able to check the status of your Arctic Spa from ANYWHERE, whether your on vacation, home, or work. And that control pad may do some of this stuff at the spa but it DOESNT do it from anywhere.

Have you even seen it function yet? Oh, thats right you havent.

on the theory of being able to check on your spa anywere regardless of the brand i think IMO is one of the dumbest things for a spa, I am not married to a spa, even my own, its the last thing i want to think about wether i am gone for 3 days or 2 weeks, if all of these spas are that good and are energy efficient , why woould you need that,,,, does not make sense to me personally, so if brand x and brand y are that good as stated then why the need? if i was a customer and was going to base a decision to buy a tub knowing i could monitor from somewhere else. i should not be looking at buying a hot tub, I can see this technology for a house on alarms, heating, but on a spa come on!!!!!!!!!!

on the theory of being able to check on your spa anywere regardless of the brand i think IMO is one of the dumbest things for a spa, I am not married to a spa, even my own, its the last thing i want to think about wether i am gone for 3 days or 2 weeks, if all of these spas are that good and are energy efficient , why woould you need that,,,, does not make sense to me personally, so if brand x and brand y are that good as stated then why the need? if i was a customer and was going to base a decision to buy a tub knowing i could monitor from somewhere else. i should not be looking at buying a hot tub, I can see this technology for a house on alarms, heating, but on a spa come on!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your opinion of it. Just curious, do you have a smart phone? So far, the feedback has been incredible on it. I have figured out that most people that own those phones love them, and use them for everything. So when you show them that feature, their eyes light up and they think they need to have it. It could come in handy many many times under lots of different scenarios. It doesn't matter how good of a car or hot tub or furnace you buy, at some point they will have something go wrong with them. That's where this device could become very handy for lots and lots of people. I expect it to be very popular, especially with the younger buyers. imo.

Couple more points to think about, these will also work on I-Pads and the droid tablets. This is where the future is headed. Just last year alone, Apple sold 14.8 million Ipads. And yesterday they introduced the Ipad 2, so expect that number to grow significantly. Apple sold 4.13 million Macs during the quarter, a 23 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 16.24 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 86 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 19.45 million iPods during the quarter, representing a seven percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter. The Company also sold 7.33 million iPads during the quarter. Yesterday they announced that they have sold over 100 million IPhones world wide. Again, with all these products being sold, it is obvious where there future is headed.

Waterboy

I have a droid,,, your right with the future heading with the smartphones and i pads, but for it to operate my spa not gonna happen,, on the service side we don't use the smartphones for service, service calls i have been on i do not need to fix the spa and to see what is going on,, about 10 years ago MArquis came out with using cell phones as a monitor with Balboa, to send info to your computer to give the history on what the spa was going, it was a great concept,,, we never used it......

Waterboy

I have a droid,,, your right with the future heading with the smartphones and i pads, but for it to operate my spa not gonna happen,, on the service side we don't use the smartphones for service, service calls i have been on i do not need to fix the spa and to see what is going on,, about 10 years ago MArquis came out with using cell phones as a monitor with Balboa, to send info to your computer to give the history on what the spa was going, it was a great concept,,, we never used it......

Well it certainly wont be a fit for everyone. And just because you wouldn't use it, that doesn't mean that many more would benefit from it and like to have it. Lots of people see lots of value in the kind of stuff. Again, I expect it to be very popular.

Waterboy

I can see your point...but as a salesperson I also know it is nice to have options to give different types of buyers, key word "option" meaning it is not something you are shoving down someones throat. The part that really annoys me with certain "bells & whistles" ie: multiple waterfalls, 25 LED lights, integrated tv's etc. is that once a manufacturer adds these, of course most follow suit driving the cost of these spas to the point where it is almost ridiculous for the "average joe" to even own one, not to mention some of these features are absolute service nightmares

Waterboy

comparing technology ten years ago to technology being produced today isn't even possible. Technology today is light years ahead of ten years ago.

Its not gimmicky, and your right it is a STEP above EVERYONE else. Dangit Blue Falls your supposed to be eight steps ahead! Although Ill argue that it has way more functionability than what your giving it credit for. (go figure) To be able to turn seats on and off with the touch of a button, stream music wirelessly from your smartphone, and within 6 months be able to check the status of your Arctic Spa from ANYWHERE, whether your on vacation, home, or work. And that control pad may do some of this stuff at the spa but it DOESNT do it from anywhere.

From that discription alone it sounds pretty gimmicky to me. Who needs any of that? Just one more way to over complicate something that should be kept simple. Hope Arctic has better luck with that control than they have had getting their salt chlorination system to work.

On the otherhand it does fit into Arctic's philosophy of over-hyping any and all aspects of their tubs.

From that discription alone it sounds pretty gimmicky to me. Who needs any of that? Just one more way to over complicate something that should be kept simple. Hope Arctic has better luck with that control than they have had getting their salt chlorination system to work.

On the otherhand it does fit into Arctic's philosophy of over-hyping any and all aspects of their tubs.

I am sure when the brand of spa that you sell copy cats Arctic and gets up to date and starts offering it, it will be the newest greatest thing and you will love it. Its laughable that the competing dealers here call it gimmicky. It is far from that. :rolleyes:

Its very simple to use. I like the functions myself, but If I were a competing spa dealer I wouldnt like it either, and instead of asking for more from my manufacturer I would throw my hands up and call it gimmicky!

I would rarely, if ever, use my phone as the remote contrl for the tub...but the idea of being able to check on the status /temperature of the tub, which would be over an hour away from my fulltime residence and up at my cabin...would be AWESOME. We have underground power there, but the power flickers often in between visits ( weekly during summer and less frequently in winter). Being able to make sure , on occasion, that things are hunky dory without having to drive 2+ hours round trip just to check...would be quite nice.

So, as a potential customer, I dont see that as a gimmick, but rather a potentially useful option.

Thanks for your opinion of it. Just curious, do you have a smart phone? So far, the feedback has been incredible on it. I have figured out that most people that own those phones love them, and use them for everything. So when you show them that feature, their eyes light up and they think they need to have it. It could come in handy many many times under lots of different scenarios. It doesn't matter how good of a car or hot tub or furnace you buy, at some point they will have something go wrong with them. That's where this device could become very handy for lots and lots of people. I expect it to be very popular, especially with the younger buyers. imo.

Couple more points to think about, these will also work on I-Pads and the droid tablets. This is where the future is headed. Just last year alone, Apple sold 14.8 million Ipads. And yesterday they introduced the Ipad 2, so expect that number to grow significantly. Apple sold 4.13 million Macs during the quarter, a 23 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter. The Company sold 16.24 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 86 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 19.45 million iPods during the quarter, representing a seven percent unit decline from the year-ago quarter. The Company also sold 7.33 million iPads during the quarter. Yesterday they announced that they have sold over 100 million IPhones world wide. Again, with all these products being sold, it is obvious where there future is headed.

Ah yes, I can see it now. The camera zooms in on the couple crusing down 101 in their BMW convertible. "Hey Brooke, let's check in on our hot tub". "Really Bruce, we can do that?" "Sure, I do it all the time at work. Wait a sec - dropped the signal again - hold on, here we go - OMG, it's up to 108 and I had it set for 102!" "Damn, better call the service guy again - good thing that I have him entered into my smartphone. I'll guess I should have him install that Arctic Chiller after all. Maybe while he is there he can get the Onzen salt water system to work this time. Luckily the Ultimate Lighting, Peak II Ozone, Therapy Air, and Super Jet have been mostly okay since he came last week. I love being able to call him on my smart phone! Now, let's see if I can find a link to a place that sells gasoline - it looks like we're down to half a tank and according to my mapping app the next town is 4.7 miles away."

I am sure when the brand of spa that you sell copy cats Arctic and gets up to date and starts offering it, it will be the newest greatest thing and you will love it. Its laughable that the competing dealers here call it gimmicky. It is far from that. :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you waterboy but I am not a dealer, just a consumer expressing his opinion.

It may be convenient for you to try to deflect any criticism of Arctic tubs as being attacks by competing dealers, but it just isn't true.

Ah yes, I can see it now. The camera zooms in on the couple crusing down 101 in their BMW convertible. "Hey Brooke, let's check in on our hot tub". "Really Bruce, we can do that?" "Sure, I do it all the time at work. Wait a sec - dropped the signal again - hold on, here we go - OMG, it's up to 108 and I had it set for 102!" "Damn, better call the service guy again - good thing that I have him entered into my smartphone. I'll guess I should have him install that Arctic Chiller after all. Maybe while he is there he can get the Onzen salt water system to work this time. Luckily the Ultimate Lighting, Peak II Ozone, Therapy Air, and Super Jet have been mostly okay since he came last week. I love being able to call him on my smart phone! Now, let's see if I can find a link to a place that sells gasoline - it looks like we're down to half a tank and according to my mapping app the next town is 4.7 miles away."

That sounds about right from a competitor that doesn't compete well against Arctic that has a slanted view about everything that they do. Yep, you pretty much summed it up Spawn. Keep up the great work bro! :wacko::rolleyes:

I would rarely, if ever, use my phone as the remote contrl for the tub...but the idea of being able to check on the status /temperature of the tub, which would be over an hour away from my fulltime residence and up at my cabin...would be AWESOME. We have underground power there, but the power flickers often in between visits ( weekly during summer and less frequently in winter). Being able to make sure , on occasion, that things are hunky dory without having to drive 2+ hours round trip just to check...would be quite nice.

So, as a potential customer, I dont see that as a gimmick, but rather a potentially useful option.

I agree! That is just one example of the unlimited possibilities. Thanks for the honest feedback.