Clearwater Xs93 Signature Vs Arctic Yukon Signature

DazedNconfused

I am in the process of purchasing my first spa I have read a lot on the Arctic spa and it seems great for the cold weather but was a little out of my price range. Clearwater spas have similarities and I found a good price. My dilema started a couple days ago when the Arctic dealer offered a great deal on a Yukon Signature. $7500 for everything, compared to $6700 for the Clearwater XS93 signature. My biggest problem is the fact that the Yukon is a little smaller and the dealer is over 200 miles away, whereas, the Clearwater dealer (who I really like) is local.

I don't have enough knowledge about spas to know if Arctic is a superior product or not and if it is worth the long distance purchase or if I should stick with the local dealer and buy the clearwater?

Please help I am losing sleep and driving my wife crazy looking at spas. :blink:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, i should state that I am a Clearwtaer dealer...

Second I will state that it was a toss up for us whether to take on the clearwater line or the arctic line. We liked them both.

IMO, they are both equally built. We have had no issues with the clearwater spas at all, and the company has been really great to deal with. Which level yukon are you looking at, what does it have for pumps/jets ect. what is the warrenty. Is it possible to wet test the tubs. Since they are fairly equal in quality, you may need to wet test to see which has the best feel for you. The other really important role in buying a tub is the dealer. which dealer do you think will give the best service for the years following the purchase of you tub. IMO again, you are getting a better deal on the clearwater, specially if you like the dealer and they are close by, But they are both good spas.

I am in the process of purchasing my first spa I have read a lot on the Arctic spa and it seems great for the cold weather but was a little out of my price range. Clearwater spas have similarities and I found a good price. My dilema started a couple days ago when the Arctic dealer offered a great deal on a Yukon Signature. $7500 for everything, compared to $6700 for the Clearwater XS93 signature. My biggest problem is the fact that the Yukon is a little smaller and the dealer is over 200 miles away, whereas, the Clearwater dealer (who I really like) is local.

I don't have enough knowledge about spas to know if Arctic is a superior product or not and if it is worth the long distance purchase or if I should stick with the local dealer and buy the clearwater?

Please help I am losing sleep and driving my wife crazy looking at spas. :blink:

I wasn't going to even comment on an "Arctic vs Clearwater" choice but then I saw its really "Actic from a dealer 200 miles away" vs "Clearwater from a local dealer for $800 less for what I assume you think is a comparably equipped spa" then in that case I'd easily chose the Cleawater. You really want a local dealer (or at least with 50 miles or so) and if Clearwater is your local brand of choice and you are comfortable doing business with that dealer I'd go that route.

First, i should state that I am a Clearwtaer dealer...

Second I will state that it was a toss up for us whether to take on the clearwater line or the arctic line. We liked them both.

IMO, they are both equally built. We have had no issues with the clearwater spas at all, and the company has been really great to deal with. Which level yukon are you looking at, what does it have for pumps/jets ect. what is the warrenty. Is it possible to wet test the tubs. Since they are fairly equal in quality, you may need to wet test to see which has the best feel for you. The other really important role in buying a tub is the dealer. which dealer do you think will give the best service for the years following the purchase of you tub. IMO again, you are getting a better deal on the clearwater, specially if you like the dealer and they are close by, But they are both good spas.

Thank you for your responses. I actually prefer to buy local for the service and I feel i am getting more spa for the money with the Clearwater. What made me consider the Arctic is that it appears on a lot of top 10 lists and I haven't seen much on the Clearwater. I know the warranties are similar but for some reason I can't find warranty info on the Clearwater web site.

Thanks again for everyone's response.

Clearwater does not do the advertising tnat other companies do, thus helping in keeping the prices down a bit. The signature series tub has a 20 year shell warrenty and a 5 year equipment warrenty.

It is on the back of theirs sales book...this is what it reads,

Signature package:

20-year spa shell

Clearwater spa shells are warranted agaist water loss occurring from defects in material or workmanship for 20 years from the original purchase date. Clearwater spas also warrents thier spa shell interior surface against blistering, cracking and delamination for 20 years for the origional purchase date.

5 year equipment.

Clearwater Spas warrents the operating equipment and plumbing agaist defects in workmanship for 5 years from the priginal purchase date.

The Gold level spas are a 10/3 year warranty. The go on to list the limitations, such as the other manufacures do such as pillows, filters ect. Stereos have their own warranty as do covers.

I will have to ask them why its not on their website, I find that it is better than most since it covers blisters and delamination for(surface) 20 years also, most others do not.

Here is a link that lists their top 10,

http://www.poolandspa.com/page149.htm#Let Your

The Clearwater esp since you ave local dealer support.

Forget the top ten lists and endorsements... you pay your money you get your list, or endorsement, blog, or even your post here :-)

Arctic is a good all round spa but nothing out of this world, especially with the gecko control and heating system... Arctic uses lots of gimicks, marketing, and scare tactics for what in the end is just a good solid built spa...

The Clearwater esp since you ave local dealer support.

Forget the top ten lists and endorsements... you pay your money you get your list, or endorsement, blog, or even your post here :-)

Arctic is a good all round spa but nothing out of this world, especially with the gecko control and heating system... Arctic uses lots of gimicks, marketing, and scare tactics for what in the end is just a good solid built spa...

Most arctics are no longer built with gecko controls by the way. Your information is outdated.

I would take the Clearwater, Especially with this model having the low amp 24/7 circ pump, keeping the thermal chamber heated and not have to rely on the main pump kicking on more often also azone injected 24/7 versus 4 hours a day...

You can get the Arctic with a low amp circ pump that will inject ozone 24/7 as well so there is no difference betweeen the two there. Also, if you get one without the circ pump, it will run for more than four hours a day fwiw.....

is arctic's an added cost? This stuff comes with the clearwater signature, ozone is also included on all their tubs, no extra costs. i think people are trying to say they are comparable tubs, but for the price, the clearwater is his better deal, alond with having a local dealer.

WOW cool what are they using for controls now???? Balboa might sell to them now that they have been bought out... for years Balboa refused to sell to them, so the story goes... :-)

And a circ pump is always an added cost. Its either built in at the start or added at the end. There are now free rides Dorthy....

And a circ pump is always an added cost. Its either built in at the start or added at the end. There are now free rides Dorthy....

I understand that it is either added or built in,(may have been born, but no quite yesterday :)) but the price he was quoated for the clearwater was with the circ pump, and the ozone, was wondering if they were included in the price he was given for the arctic, if n ot his price would then be higher for the arctic. Most companies you can add anything/ or they maybe "included" its the bottom dollar for the "apples to apples" i was looking at

Im either missing a joke as it flies above my head, or the 2 arctic dealerships ive visitied arent adhering to a plaid coat dress code.

Id be interested in hearing more as to why some here think that Arctic is what appears to be by the opinions of some, just marketing. I own no hot tub, nor do I work for any hot tub dealer. Im in the market, and of the quote unquote 'better quality' tubs around here ( Hot Springs, Sundance, Arctic)...the arctic delaer seems to be more polished, professional, and willing to work to earn business.

Im either missing a joke as it flies above my head, or the 2 arctic dealerships ive visitied arent adhering to a plaid coat dress code.

Id be interested in hearing more as to why some here think that Arctic is what appears to be by the opinions of some, just marketing. I own no hot tub, nor do I work for any hot tub dealer. Im in the market, and of the quote unquote 'better quality' tubs around here ( Hot Springs, Sundance, Arctic)...the arctic delaer seems to be more polished, professional, and willing to work to earn business.

Bdubya, thank you for posting! I have been an Arctic Spa Dealer for over 13 years. This reputation that many people pertray here is UNWARRANTED, it comes strictly from competing salesman or companies that have nothing to say but bad stuff about there competition. Arctic has always trained dealers to be professional and very informative about there product. The fact is when customers come into look at spas at our store or any Arctic store they spend much more time talking about spas in general or the components of spas than most any other spa stores. Most places just talk about jet counts, color of spa, and seating arrangement. With Arctic you are going to hear much more about the spa itself. I know for a fact this upsets our local competition, and leads to bad mouthing! Some people need to learn if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all!

The arctic spa may not be perfect for everyone, but its as good as any spa offered on the market today!

disclaimer: I think its the best spa on the planet!!!!

Plaid coats?

You know the Arctic salesman wearing the plaid coat......"this tub is so effecient that the power company is going to pay you for the power your feeding back into the grid to supply the poor sap who didn't buy an Arctic."

Great job of staying classy Roger! Must have lost a few deals lately....

By the way wait til you see the 2011's coming out, they are next to none! Well, I guess the 2010's were pretty good too.

Whether you're a fan of Arctic or not due to their sales approach, each of their dealer's deserves to be evalauted independently by how they conduct their busniess. Same with Sundance, Cal, Hot Spring, Bullfrog, Jacuzzi... Even with brands I may not particularly care for I certainly recognize they'll have some very good dealers while some of the brands I prefer will have some less than stellar dealers.

If you've shopped around as indicted and you like that dealer and that product and think its the spa for you then...

Still looking...and sadly, we just had to unexpectedly gut our cabin bc of a 65000 gallon water leak from a frozen pipe upstairs...so the ht tub search is on hold until thats repaired.

The Hot Springs dealer here tried the hard press the first day...then has failed to even say hello as i walk into his delaerhsip in the 2 trips since. Done.

Sundance...nice, accomodating...just dont know what it is, but something feels 'off'. THe tubs arent bad.

The Arctic dealer has been patient, informative, and has customers ( 3 different ones)who are friends of ours who vouch for him and his product and service. THe tubs, comfort wise, are on par witht he sundance. I know looks fade, but the Arctic tubs have the nicest polish and look to them of what we've seen.

Not set on anybody, but details matter when trying to pry that kind of money from me.Short of Master, I havent seen as many passionately con opinions here...and just curious as to why.

Plaid coats?

You know the Arctic salesman wearing the plaid coat......"this tub is so effecient that the power company is going to pay you for the power your feeding back into the grid to supply the poor sap who didn't buy an Arctic."

Great job of staying classy Roger! Must have lost a few deals lately....

By the way wait til you see the 2011's coming out, they are next to none! Well, I guess the 2010's were pretty good too.

Lost a few deals to what? I'll use your capital letters to explain this to you I DO NOT SELL HOT TUBS!!!! While I have my favorites just like you. My favorites are NOT skewed by the brand I sell because I DO NOT SELL HOT TUBS. Arctic is a fine tub. Not in my top 3 but in my top 10. I evaluate hot tubs based on many factors. I don't base my opinion on the brand I sell (unlike some people...cough!) Arctics skewed "independent study" and their previous sales tactics have tainted them in my mind for quite some time now. Their "it's so much easier to fix or upgrade" BS sales spin still keeps them tainted in my mind. Their "we use the heat generated by the pump motor to heat the water" BS still keeps them tainted to me. Say what you want these things have been argued to death for many many years. But the fact remains, they are not better than several brands but they are better than some.

Still looking...and sadly, we just had to unexpectedly gut our cabin bc of a 65000 gallon water leak from a frozen pipe upstairs...so the ht tub search is on hold until thats repaired.

The Hot Springs dealer here tried the hard press the first day...then has failed to even say hello as i walk into his delaerhsip

Wow! What a idiot dealer/salesman that guy is. He must not like making money. I bet he won't be in the biz long!