3 Flashing Lights Under Water Temperature

donnabw

We filled the hot tub with water from outside of the house, which at the time, it was about 35 degrees(f). It has been running for about 15 hours now and the water is still frigidly cold. The heating light is on, but there are 3 flashing lights under the temperature on the display. Is there something I am doing wrong, or will it just take many more hours to heat up. Also, what do the 3 flashing lights mean?

The three flashing dots usually mean that the pressure switch is not sensing proper water flow through the heater, although on some models it can also indicate a problem with the high limit. If your pump is at least circulating water, you will not freeze.

John

We filled the hot tub with water from outside of the house, which at the time, it was about 35 degrees(f). It has been running for about 15 hours now and the water is still frigidly cold. The heating light is on, but there are 3 flashing lights under the temperature on the display. Is there something I am doing wrong, or will it just take many more hours to heat up. Also, what do the 3 flashing lights mean?

3 flashing dots is a flo error, there are a few things that can cause this. The most common after a water change in cold weather is either the pump is airbound, or the impeller has a little ice in it causeing it not to turn. is the pump that moves the watyer to heat moving water? if its not moving water then you need to first make sure your pump is not air bound, losen the top nut on the pump till some water runs through, if thats not it, try aiming a hair dryer at the pump wet end for awhile, or a space heater, this should thaw it enough to get it moving. If it is moving water, then as the other poster said, check the pressure switch.

• 2 years later...

I seem to be having the same issue, although we haven't just filled our tub. The tech we had over to check it (who also fixed a leak) said that the filters not being installed could be one reason for pressure. But we've installed them, after being cleaned, and we still have those 3 flashing lights under the temperature. What would you do if it is the pressure switch that is the problem.

I admit that I havent checked the pump yet, but while I do that, might as well have this out incase the pressure really is my problem. I hope it's as simple as thawing out the pump.

Thanks