Jets In Clearwater Spas

Marti51

We are looking for a hot tub with true "hydrotherapy" quality jets and wonder if anyone has comments with regards to Clearwater spas and their jets. Thanks Marti

I have had a Clearwater 9100 Ultra for 10 months now. The hydrotherapy of this spa is very good in my opinion. There may be something better out there but I am not aware anything that gives better hydrotherapy. With three 5 hp pumps and 92 jets it really moves the water and gives a great deep massage. The jets are really very basic in design and run anywhere from 15-20$ from replacement jets. When I first got mine I had 3 replaced because they came out is the jet inner mount when I ran my pumps on high and turned them to adjust the flow. My dealer replaced these with no questions asked and I have not had any jet issues since then. I realize that the spa needs to be reliable for about another 9 years or so before I will really know how good it is. Most of the experts in here say if a spa can be troublefree for 10 years or more it is a pretty good spa. I agree with this rational. My understanding is that Clearwater spas has been building spas for 25 years, I figure that stands for something. So far I am happy with my 9100 and love the therapy it provides me. It seems to be built very solid and durable although it is a little noisier than full foam insulated tubs, but not noisy enough to be a problem at all. The insulation is a thermal pane type. My electrical costs have been a reasonable $15 per month during the summer and $35-40 per month during the winter keeping my water at 101F. I use the tub at least five times per week. Hope this helps you.

My wife and I seriously considerd the Clearwater spas as we felt they had great features for the price. If you look at the Platinum Elite spas you will find the same controlls, pumps and spa pac as clearwater as well as the same type of insulation. I had planned on buying the 8100 series which is a seven foot tub had I not seen the Costco spa. I think you will enjoy the jets and trouble free no frills but quality build that Clearwater offers.

• 2 weeks later...

A variety of 5 or more jets will come in any Clearwater spa (even the small ones). The jets are definately rated for therapy. There are many ways to adjust the flow and type of massage from each jet and each seat. Many different controls give a lot of diversity on what kind of massage you want from the pump (on/off at control panel), possible remote controls, air/water ratio/mixture for different types of flow for strong/light options, individual adjustment of the jet position (spin/or directional and on/off capabilities) In bus. for 30 years (this year) with same owner the whole time.

I typically use a Clearwater spa with each seat on "high", then opt for a softer massage, then a nice relaxing soak afterwards.

• 5 weeks later...

I am also looking at the 9100 as well as looking into Hot Springs and Caldera due to family members owning these 2 brands. I am wondering if the 9100 has the same quality build as the Hot Sprinds models with their 350 sqft filter system?(of course the HS dealer has me worried about filter systems now). Caldera is probably lower down on my list.

I am also very curious about buayancy (floating away) from the seats in the 9100. With sooo many jets, would it not be natural to float away? I will be trying the tub this weekend, but am worried that all the jets and bling-bling are making me focus on the 9100 as opposed to the Hot Springs Vista which is a more spartan tub (less lights, jets, no remote included, less flash). The prices are identical for the two (I'm in Montreal, Quebec).

I am also very curious about buayancy (floating away) from the seats in the 9100. With sooo many jets, would it not be natural to float away?

Before I bought my 9100, I was VERY worried about buayancy. I'm not going to lie to you. You do float in the lounger seat in the 9100, but you don't float AWAY. It's a very balanced float. If you are tall, you can hold yourself down. In the other 5 seats, you do not float at all.

As far as jets are concerned, you really can't go wrong. With 6 places to sit (only 2 of the 6 seats are the same), you can put focus on the areas of your body that you want to get more massage. Each jet is adjustable: All the way from on to off. Plus, you can turn the air on and off. So, you can have deep massage with the air on, a normal massage with the air off and you can just soak in the warm water. Like Amanda, I like to start with the air on, switch to the air off, and then just relax in the warm water.

One last thing: Don't forget the soothing relaxation of the lights. Every color you could imagine. There's even a party strobe mode (I wouldn't recommend that mode for relaxation though. :blink: .

Here are some pictures I've taken over the last month (ending with today).

• 2 weeks later...

Before I bought my 9100, I was VERY worried about buayancy. I'm not going to lie to you. You do float in the lounger seat in the 9100, but you don't float AWAY. It's a very balanced float. If you are tall, you can hold yourself down. In the other 5 seats, you do not float at all.

As far as jets are concerned, you really can't go wrong. With 6 places to sit (only 2 of the 6 seats are the same), you can put focus on the areas of your body that you want to get more massage. Each jet is adjustable: All the way from on to off. Plus, you can turn the air on and off. So, you can have deep massage with the air on, a normal massage with the air off and you can just soak in the warm water. Like Amanda, I like to start with the air on, switch to the air off, and then just relax in the warm water.

One last thing: Don't forget the soothing relaxation of the lights. Every color you could imagine. There's even a party strobe mode (I wouldn't recommend that mode for relaxation though. :blink: .

Here are some pictures I've taken over the last month (ending with today).

That is a great tub! Thanks for putting up such awesome pictures! I wanted to comment a little about floating also. There truely is a bit if a float to that lounge but it is very comfortable (even for short folks like me 5'4"). At first I fought it thinking I would float away... but I figured out I just simply had to relax. That particular lounge (if you relax your body and don't struggle against the water movement) is AWESOME! It is very spacious and has numerous ways to tell the spa exactly how you want to be massaged. Even though I'm short (and there's a bit more weight to love than the average person) I don't float OUT of it at all. I hover in the seat just above the jets and it "cradles" me. We replaced that model on our showroom floor with the Monaco out of the resort series. The Monaco is similar to the (now retired) 9100 but has had a face lift with even more jets and more pumps. I LOVE my job! I test this spa specifically for research purposes of course. :D