Jets Won't Turn Off!

vectorpete

Maybe the jets are designed to not shut off completely so that filtration can continue to happen even if you turn off all jets. Does it have a circulator pump? If so they are designed to usually run on very low power 24/7 at something like about 20 gallons per minute and often use less electricity than a 100 watt light bulb.

How many jets has it, if it's less than 40 then it might only have 1 pump doing both the circulating and the jet action, what might be happening is that once you kick off the jets the pump goes into circulation mode for a number of minutes (maybe 20mins) then shuts off for a period and back on for another 20mins in a cycle until you use it again.

Maybe it would be worthwhile after you have turned the pump off to go back in half an hour and see if it's still running.

We have a Discovery hot tub. We like it, but the jets won't turn off completely. I can get them to turn on more powerfully and then off, but only for about 3 seconds before they turn on the low setting again. I think our power bill is high due to this problem. Ideas?

Is it set to filter continously?

We have a Discovery hot tub. We like it, but the jets won't turn off completely. I can get them to turn on more powerfully and then off, but only for about 3 seconds before they turn on the low setting again. I think our power bill is high due to this problem. Ideas?

Is it set to filter continously?

I'm not familiar with your model, but my Marquis has a "smart clean feature" where it assumes that if the jets were on (or if the light has been on), it assumes that someone has been soaking and it needs to run soon after that. By default, it will start 30 minutes after either the light is turned off or the jets are turned off and it will filter on low speed for an hour. You can adjust the time it runs and even turn this feature off. Maybe you have a similar feature on yours...

I'm not familiar with your model, but my Marquis has a "smart clean feature" where it assumes that if the jets were on (or if the light has been on), it assumes that someone has been soaking and it needs to run soon after that. By default, it will start 30 minutes after either the light is turned off or the jets are turned off and it will filter on low speed for an hour. You can adjust the time it runs and even turn this feature off. Maybe you have a similar feature on yours...

Discovery is low end. Doutfull it has the features of your Marquis.

I think they were sold Costco big box about 3-4 years ago.

I say it is set to filter continuosly.

Discovery is low end. Doutfull it has the features of your Marquis.

I think they were sold Costco big box about 3-4 years ago.

I say it is set to filter continuosly.