How Quick Do It You To Refill Your Tub?

footie

The first time I filled the tub (last summer) took 4 hrs from a garden hose and a decent length of pipe (70ft). But this time I got a tap fitted off my blue pipe that comes into the plant room for all the pool gear that's nearer the tub and this time it took, wait for it ............ 45mins. That's right I now have a flow rate of almost 9 imperial gallons per minute.

How quick does the rest of you take normally?

I use my hot water heater in my house and to fill my 450 gal spa and have it already at about 100 degrees I attach it to a faucet in my house and it heats the water BEFORE it gets in the tub in about 1-1.5 hours. Check out this link where I describe what you need:

My other post on this

I also started a thread about the benefits of this both in cost and in being able to go in right away, but some didn't like this idea. I love it though.Here is the thread I just bumped in case anyone else would like to try it:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=27034

An Hour & a half or so, from the garden hose. I sometimes let the sun warm it up for a day before I start the tub, so it takes the cold edge off. I only have a 50 hot water tank so it isnt enought to fill a 450/500 gal tub. It all evens out anyway.

50 ft garden hose, one hour to fill. One hour to siphon drain.

Also interesting, how often do you change your water? I went 5 months last fill and I felt it was too long, too much gunk. I'm now approaching 3 months and thinking of changing. It's not a big effort and the first two weeks of fresh water is sooo nice.

DK117

Also interesting, how often do you change your water? I went 5 months last fill and I felt it was too long, too much gunk. I'm now approaching 3 months and thinking of changing. It's not a big effort and the first two weeks of fresh water is sooo nice.

DK117

I probably don't use my tub enough to warrant changing the water quicker than every 4-5 months but even then my filter is spotless, don't know if it's the system my tub uses but I'm yet to see a dirt filter like what the brother in law's filter look after the same length of time.

An Hour & a half or so, from the garden hose. I sometimes let the sun warm it up for a day before I start the tub, so it takes the cold edge off. I only have a 50 hot water tank so it isnt enought to fill a 450/500 gal tub. It all evens out anyway.

If you turn off the water every 20 minutes for enough time (various based on water heater type) so the water heater can recover the temp, then it adds only a few minutes to the fill time but you get to go in about 12 hours sooner if you live in a cold climate.

• 3 weeks later...

Did a fill and drain yesterday. At 4:00 pm added some water to raise the level and added Spa Flush and let the pumps run for a cycle. I scooped off any foam as it became present. At 4:30 started the drain with my 1/4 hp utility pump. I didn't bother to try to really straighten the hose just went from the tub to the discharge point which was about 5' higher. I cleaned the tub as the water drained, rinsing the areas that I cleaned. At 5:15 my 340 gal tub was empty and I began to fill it with a hose from the hot/cold hose connection I have near the tub and it was full at 6:00 and I instaled a clean filter. While the tub filled I rinsed the old filter and then placed it in a cooler filled with hot water and dishwasher detergent, put away the pump and drain hose. Went to work out and returned at 8:30 added baking soda based on amount used in the past. At 9:00 added CH increaser which took about an hour to put in the amount I had done in the past, and then added 1 TBPN of dichlor and let left it over night. This morning tests for TA, CH, pH and FC were all good so I added Proteam Gentle Spa. If I do the routinne starting at say 8:00 am the tub can be at temp and ready to use in 6 - 8 hours so if I wanted I wouldn't have to miss a night which is good as we use the tub prettty much daily.

• 4 weeks later...

I never really paid any attention to how long mine took until yesterday. 483 gal took about an hour to drain and a little less than an hour to refill with a garden hose. I spent about 15 minutes vaccuuming out the left over water and some sand in the bottom, then I wiped it down real good.

Turned the tub on at 2:30 with water temp of 55 degrees. At 8:00 it was 84 degrees and I added the chemicals. At 9:00 it was at 88 degrees. That's the last time I checked and it was 103 degrees this morning.