Hot Spring Jetsetter Led Lights Problem

Sedro

I have a 15 month old Hot Spring Jetsetter. It is a very early unit of the latest version, with the IQ controller. I love everything about the spa, except for a problem with the bartop LED lights. There are 3 light units, and each one has either 2 or 4 LEDs.

The problem is that within each unit, the LEDs don't display the same color. This started happening soon after purchase. Since that time, the dealer has replaced the wiring harnesses 3 times (I'm now on the 4th set, counting the original), the light unit seals have been replaced, and most recently the light control module has been replaced.

The same day the light control module was replaced, the problem reoccurred. It doesn't do it right away, the lights have to be on for about an hour, and then the problem starts. Often, when the problem starts, there is some brief flashing of all 3 of the light units, in unison. This is followed by the lights not all being the same color, within each unit. In the 4 LED units, 2 LEDs will be one color, and 2 will be a different color. In the 2 LED unit, it is 1 and 1. Some of the colors work fine, but the Blue, Green, Yellow, and Magenta colors are the ones that have the problem. For example, if I set them on blue, half of the LEDs in each unit will be blue, and the other half green. This occurs either if I set them to blue, or when they rotate through blue with the color wheel on.

The dealer has been very nice, and all has been covered under warranty. And I love everything else about this tub, which I use almost every day. A salesperson told me that I am not the only one with this problem. Has anyone out there heard of this, and do you know what a real fix might be?

Thanks for any help!

I have a 15 month old Hot Spring Jetsetter. It is a very early unit of the latest version, with the IQ controller. I love everything about the spa, except for a problem with the bartop LED lights. There are 3 light units, and each one has either 2 or 4 LEDs.

The problem is that within each unit, the LEDs don't display the same color. This started happening soon after purchase. Since that time, the dealer has replaced the wiring harnesses 3 times (I'm now on the 4th set, counting the original), the light unit seals have been replaced, and most recently the light control module has been replaced.

The same day the light control module was replaced, the problem reoccurred. It doesn't do it right away, the lights have to be on for about an hour, and then the problem starts. Often, when the problem starts, there is some brief flashing of all 3 of the light units, in unison. This is followed by the lights not all being the same color, within each unit. In the 4 LED units, 2 LEDs will be one color, and 2 will be a different color. In the 2 LED unit, it is 1 and 1. Some of the colors work fine, but the Blue, Green, Yellow, and Magenta colors are the ones that have the problem. For example, if I set them on blue, half of the LEDs in each unit will be blue, and the other half green. This occurs either if I set them to blue, or when they rotate through blue with the color wheel on.

The dealer has been very nice, and all has been covered under warranty. And I love everything else about this tub, which I use almost every day. A salesperson told me that I am not the only one with this problem. Has anyone out there heard of this, and do you know what a real fix might be?

Thanks for any help!

Its time for someone to call the technical service people at the manufacturer.

Thanks for any help!

The factory rep said change out the lighting control module, which has been done but didn't solve the problem.

Thanks for any help!

The factory rep said change out the lighting control module, which has been done but didn't solve the problem.

UPDATE: For two days after the new light control board was installed, they would work correctly for about an hour, and then go into the problem. But since then, they now are bad all the time, as soon as I turn them on. I tried resetting the tub with the breakers, but no change. I've called the dealer again, and they will once again check with Hot Spring.

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of it? What the heck could it be???

UPDATE: For two days after the new light control board was installed, they would work correctly for about an hour, and then go into the problem. But since then, they now are bad all the time, as soon as I turn them on. I tried resetting the tub with the breakers, but no change. I've called the dealer again, and they will once again check with Hot Spring.

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of it? What the heck could it be???

Sedro, my 2010 Grandee has a problem with the LED behind one of the MotoMassage units. All of my bartop, pillow, and underwater lighting is in sync other than the single MotoMassage LED. It doesn't light up all colors either when I auto-cycle or manually cycle. Specifically, Green, White, and Yellow do not work. Blue, Red, and Magenta work normally on this specific LED. Green makes the LED go out. White makes the LED turn Cyan. Cyan turns Blue. Yellow turns Red. It worked normally at setup, but started acting funky within the first week. I've called both HotSpring and my dealer to let them know. For now, I'm waiting until refill time (warmer months) for them to fix the problem, as they're not sure whether it is the LED or the controller. They said that it would be covered under warranty though. As is, I'm just leaving my underwater lights (tied to the Motomassage LEDs as well) manually set to Blue and have the pillows and bartop on auto-cycle, which functions normally.

• 1 year later...

I have a new Hot Springs Envoy and just noticed a similar issue with one of my bar top units. If looks like there are 4 lights in each bar top. 2 of the lights in one of the bar tops seem to get out of sync sometimes. Sometimes it corrects itself after a few minutes. Strange issue. You can also see with the color wheel on that the two in question don't seem to be in sync with the rest of them at certain times during the rotation. I will be calling on this eventually but want to see if it gets worse over time first.

• 7 years later...

Hello,

I have a 2009 Hot Spring Vanguard that is having similar issues (a few LEDs are the wrong color). As I looked into it I noticed the bar top plugs were not sealed well and water had gotten in. I dried it out and dried off the connections; however, the issue is still occurring. 

There wasn’t any crazy corrosion or anything, so it seems to me that the lights and harness are ok. Is it possible the LED controller is bad? I guess I’m not sure how these lights work (what are the four pins for?), maybe water got into the larger box on the light harness?

Thanks!