Hot Springs Vs Jacuzzi Vs Coast

Roxyspa

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beachcomber & Master Spas (on certain series) I believe sell an extended Warranty. I've always said that if you want an "Extended Warranty" put that $400 or $500 in a seperate bank account and don't touch it. If your spa needs to be fixed after the warranty is over you have the funds ready. However, when your extended warranty expires and you never had a problem...you still have the money in the bank.

Beachcomber & Master Spas (on certain series) I believe sell an extended Warranty. I've always said that if you want an "Extended Warranty" put that $400 or $500 in a seperate bank account and don't touch it. If your spa needs to be fixed after the warranty is over you have the funds ready. However, when your extended warranty expires and you never had a problem...you still have the money in the bank.

I'm generally of the opinion an extended warranty is wasted money until my 55" rear projection TV kicked the bucket and thank heavens I took the extra warranty as I am now sitting watching my brand new 55" LED flat screen TV at no additional cost to me. So now I'm not so sure about demising it's importance or worth.

I'm generally of the opinion an extended warranty is wasted money until my 55" rear projection TV kicked the bucket and thank heavens I took the extra warranty as I am now sitting watching my brand new 55" LED flat screen TV at no additional cost to me. So now I'm not so sure about demising it's importance or worth.

Its statistics, you're a sample of 1 when looking into the worth of that extended TV warranty so your individual satisfaction doesn't really have much bearing on the worth of the contracts. If your tV had not failed you would look at it as maybe not such a great idea. You're happy you had the extended warranty on that 55" TV but most people who paid for them didn't need it and the company that sold it to you isn't sweating you getting your TV covered because overall they made out well on all those extended warranties they sold.

If every person paid an extra $400 for an extended spa warranty the company that sold the warranties would be in good shape. There would be people who ended up using the warranty and they'd think it was a wise idea but overall its not a winning proposition. Maybe in the end they shell out an average of 275 person and profit the rest so everyone is paying an extra $125 (just making up numbers). Looking at it that way they’re not a winner but also not so bad for those who simply want peace of mind and for some that’s worth it so from that standpoint its fine for those realizing what they’re getting.

Its statistics, you're a sample of 1 when looking into the worth of that extended TV warranty so your individual satisfaction doesn't really have much bearing on the worth of the contracts. If your tV had not failed you would look at it as maybe not such a great idea. You're happy you had the extended warranty on that 55" TV but most people who paid for them didn't need it and the company that sold it to you isn't sweating you getting your TV covered because overall they made out well on all those extended warranties they sold.

If every person paid an extra $400 for an extended spa warranty the company that sold the warranties would be in good shape. There would be people who ended up using the warranty and they'd think it was a wise idea but overall its not a winning proposition. Maybe in the end they shell out an average of 275 person and profit the rest so everyone is paying an extra $125 (just making up numbers). Looking at it that way they’re not a winner but also not so bad for those who simply want peace of mind and for some that’s worth it so from that standpoint its fine for those realizing what they’re getting.

I agree fully with you here, I was only showing an example where I too wouldn't normally buy such things and the rare occasion that I having got it the necessary to use it presented itself.

All I meant by this was that if your two preferred tub choices were one which was $400 cheaper and a 3 yr warranty and the other had a 5 yr warranty, if you like/prefer the other then on a purchase of £8-10K the $400 isn't a deal breaker so get the warranty and the tub you want.

P.S.

In the case of the TV is was thrown in as the deal sweetener so I wasn't out pocket anyway, maybe when haggling for a Coast spa the customer should request it in on the deal. :P

• 3 weeks later...

RoxySpa...when do you take possession of your beautiful Vanguard? And more importantly: What colors did you get?? ;)

My husband and I started out thinking we knew exactly how much money we'd spend. Then we started researching and thought that the only way we could keep our total down to that number was to order a tub sight-unseen from online. Then we read more and realized no way could we do that, and we raised our number a bit for a budget-line from a decent manufacturer. THEN we kept researching, and started looking, and found out that even the "budget" tubs we wanted to look at were more than we expected, but we also saw a used HS Sovereign that looks nice and pleasant, without having to spend a mint.

THEN, while looking around to learn more about the Sovereign, we got a good look at the brand-spanking-new Vanguard, and darned if it isn't gorgeous and possibly perfect. Lol. :wub:

So tomorrow night we're wet-testing a little round tub (to try and convince ourselves that it's exactly what we want), and hopefully the '98 Sovereign (hoping that it's as good a deal as it looks), AND a 2011 Vanguard (KNOWING that if it fits us half as well as we think it will, it's the only one we really want!!). Hm. That "budget" isn't looking very likely anymore.

In the meantime, however, I'm looking forward to hearing about your new tub. Many others here seem to really love their Hot Springs: hope you do too!