Hot Springs Vs Jacuzzi Vs Coast

Roxyspa

Yes, I would be interested in knowing the manufacture's name who have a lifetime Warranty on the wood framing (are you saying that it is only 7yrs. as well). What about termites....do they like wood or Steel?

I'm not here to bash wood frames, I was only mentioning why I chose to go with the steel framing. Yes, there are cheesy cheap metal frames out there....do we judge every frame the same just like you are talking about wood frames.

What brand do you sell because it is obviously wood framing.....how many manufactures use a true "Pressure Treated" wood for the framing....I see it on the base sometimes.

If designed right and engineered to exact tolerances I'm sure both will work.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff....it's only a Hot Tub.

how much of an up-charge is it going to steel vs. wood?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would be interested in knowing the manufacture's name who have a lifetime Warranty on the wood framing (are you saying that it is only 7yrs. as well). What about termites....do they like wood or Steel?

I'm not here to bash wood frames, I was only mentioning why I chose to go with the steel framing. Yes, there are cheesy cheap metal frames out there....do we judge every frame the same just like you are talking about wood frames.

What brand do you sell because it is obviously wood framing.....how many manufactures use a true "Pressure Treated" wood for the framing....I see it on the base sometimes.

If designed right and engineered to exact tolerances I'm sure both will work.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff....it's only a Hot Tub.

how much of an up-charge is it going to steel vs. wood?

Forgot to ask....do you have the name of the manufacture's who give a Lifetime warranty on Wood Framing.....I was not aware of this and apologize if I'm wrong.

Who ever they are, they must build a quality cabinet....with all the manufactures trying to cut their costs somehow to stay competitive...usually quality gets hit first.

I find interesting were this is going , i think all manufacturers should be putting their warranty on their website. Most consumers are doinf their research here before they decide to go to a dealership... All the brands i have ever been associated with do and i believe with pride, On the frame, i have sold both styles, i tend to lean toward pressure treated wood, both have their goods and bads depending on how the salesman can spin it....but the structure should not be affected by the saltwater UNLESS it exterior does not create a very good seal,. Its just like they say up here about the snow , wood frame will rot,,,,,it will only rot if there was aleak that was to go on and on and on ,,,,as for their so called lifetime warranty was does that exactly cover...As Roger stated most states lifetime warranty is 7 years, But the manufacturer can do what they want with it after .. for instance, Arctic has a lifetime warranty on their shell. BUT it is for water loss, it does not mention , cracking, peeling and delamination,,,you can have this happen and not leak....so that warranty does not help....D1 has a lifetime warranty on the ultralife shell, it covers, peeling cracking delaminating and water loss , during the first seven years it will be fixed onsite UNLESS deamed needed to be replaced,,, they do not charge the freight for this.... after the 7 year if the spa needs to go to the factory for repair yes the consumer has to pay the freight, but the labor and material is covered...depending on were you are freight charges are different, up were we are freight for a spa is 250.00. So there is a lot of different takes you can go with.....But if i was a consumer doing the internet shopping first, i am not gonna go to the store to ask for the warranty,,, i would move on ...and i know not everyone is me, and some will never go to the interenet site, and then does not matter......But will all have opinions and experiance to help with these issues...... B)

Forgot to ask....do you have the name of the manufacture's who give a Lifetime warranty on Wood Framing.....I was not aware of this and apologize if I'm wrong.

Who ever they are, they must build a quality cabinet....with all the manufactures trying to cut their costs somehow to stay competitive...usually quality gets hit first.

Beachcomber, Marquis, Great Lakes, Emerald, want more? No need for apoligies you need to be around the industry for a lot of years to disect the warranty spin game.

I've disposed of a lot of tubs and have only seen one that the frame was a problem but it was NOT the reason the tub was disposed of. I know it happens if the base the tub sits on is not done properly and it is one of the reason why the RIGHT base for your tub is uber important.

I've disposed of a lot of tubs and have only seen one that the frame was a problem but it was NOT the reason the tub was disposed of. I know it happens if the base the tub sits on is not done properly and it is one of the reason why the RIGHT base for your tub is uber important.

Hate to say it but you mustn't have been around that much as David Bilton claim to see them on a regular occurrence with Coast Spas, as according to him their are sh1t. LOL But you are right about getting the base right, 400-500 gallons of water is still a sizeable weight.

Its funny to bring in David Bilton, he has agenda against Coast which he said so... he seems to know quite a bit But I would have to agree with Roger on this... Roger has been around the block once or twice....Soakforlife On the quality of spas being compromised. If that is happening its to bad, but i cannot believe the higher end brands doing that,, but to bad if it is happening,,

Beachcomber, Marquis, Great Lakes, Emerald, want more? No need for apoligies you need to be around the industry for a lot of years to disect the warranty spin game.

I guess I have lots to learn as I've only been in the industry for 20 yrs. When a warranty reads "Structural" this means the fiberglass structure and not the wood framing. Marquis only offers a 5yr. Warranty on it's "Structural"...Not sure where you got Lifetime.

If the Marquis exterior cabinet is made of Cedar...there is "No Warranty". Beachcomber has "Lifetime" on structural...it states the fiberglass/resin part of the shell. I called a Beachcomber store and asked...there is No Warranty on the wood framing.

Coast Spas offers "Lifetime Warranty"...Structural only...no coverage on wood framing.

Dimension One (one of the most expensive Spas)has Lifetime on it's Ultralife material...once again, this is the structural part....not the wood framing. D1 also mentions that it's wood cabinets have No Warranty.

Call the manufactures and ask them what "Structural" Warranty covers...They will tell you that it covers the SHELL'S ability to hold water. The Wood Cabinet contains the wood framing and is not covered under Warranty. If the wood framing does not use "Pressure Treated" wood...it isn't going to last.....I have seen many hot tubs over the past 20 yrs and have seen the damage.

Maybe another person on this blog can tell me different.

^ After checking the warranties from all the manufacturers I could think of it appears you are 100% correct, none of them give a warranty on the wooden frame or either their warranties don't explain it properly enough to say it's included. But don't all the top companies use pressure treated timber in any case, I see Coast state they use it on their website and I am pretty sure the other top brands do too.

I guess I have lots to learn as I've only been in the industry for 20 yrs. When a warranty reads "Structural" this means the fiberglass structure and not the wood framing. Marquis only offers a 5yr. Warranty on it's "Structural"...Not sure where you got Lifetime.

If the Marquis exterior cabinet is made of Cedar...there is "No Warranty". Beachcomber has "Lifetime" on structural...it states the fiberglass/resin part of the shell. I called a Beachcomber store and asked...there is No Warranty on the wood framing.

Coast Spas offers "Lifetime Warranty"...Structural only...no coverage on wood framing.

Dimension One (one of the most expensive Spas)has Lifetime on it's Ultralife material...once again, this is the structural part....not the wood framing. D1 also mentions that it's wood cabinets have No Warranty.

Call the manufactures and ask them what "Structural" Warranty covers...They will tell you that it covers the SHELL'S ability to hold water. The Wood Cabinet contains the wood framing and is not covered under Warranty. If the wood framing does not use "Pressure Treated" wood...it isn't going to last.....I have seen many hot tubs over the past 20 yrs and have seen the damage.

Soak4life

You must have read all the posts here,,,I the one i posted it was explained ofn the shell warranty, specifically the D1 and i did not mention anything on the framing warranty, i have to done this a long time, have not seen many wood framed spas fail,, most of your high end manufacturers use pressure treated lumber, I guess it is good enough for exterior uses, wood fences, decks etc. were it is exposed to the weather, but not good enough for hot tubs especially inside the cavity and protected....And i like the comment of one of the most expensive tubs, That means Hot Springs, Caldera, Sundance ,Arctic, Clearwater, Jacuzzi, Coast, Cal Spa, Marquis, are also crazy all of these manufacturers have spas over 10,000 dollars,, and i see alot of these brands spas more than D1, So i do not how you can single them out ,and as for the warranties, most companies as you read the warranty on the structure it is the shell9 some state it is the backing regardless if fiberglass or other material,, the structure warranty is typically specific to waterloss, the cabinet warranties, is the outer cabinet if wood, but most use a synthetic exterior...

[10] STRUCTURE

The reinforced structure is warranted for 10 years not to leak. Fittings and

attachments are not included.

So if a lifetime warranty is up after 7 years then what Marquis is stating here is not true either and will be up in 7 years just like the balance of the lifetime warrantys?

Tell me why structural doesn't mean frame again?

Hate to say it but you mustn't have been around that much as David Bilton claim to see them on a regular occurrence with Coast Spas, as according to him their are sh1t. LOL But you are right about getting the base right, 400-500 gallons of water is still a sizeable weight.

take one of your side panel off the spa you have and you will see that they use 2x2 untreated wood for the frame and others use full 2x4 treated wood do this and send pictures to prove that you have or shut up

take one of your side panel off the spa you have and you will see that they use 2x2 untreated wood for the frame and others use full 2x4 treated wood do this and send pictures to prove that you have or shut up

You talking to me? I don't have a tub running right now. I have one sitting on it's side (it has 1x3 treated framework.) And another that is garbage (it has 2x4 treated framework.) Neither has a frame problem. One is 8 years old the other is 16. Ones a Cal the other is a Marquis.

Hi everyone,

About a week or so ago everyone was discussing the Coast warranty. As of now, all Coast Spas come standard with a 3 year warranty on all electronics, plumbing, etc with an option to upgrade to a 5 year (much like the competitors). As a newer dealer with the likes of Sundance, Jacuzzi, etc on our territory, we will most likely be bringing all our stock units with a 5 year. I have been told the website is under construction (a lot of change for 2011) and the new warranty will be posted as well.

Just thought I would update!

Cheers,

Joe

Hi everyone,

About a week or so ago everyone was discussing the Coast warranty. As of now, all Coast Spas come standard with a 3 year warranty on all electronics, plumbing, etc with an option to upgrade to a 5 year (much like the competitors). As a newer dealer with the likes of Sundance, Jacuzzi, etc on our territory, we will most likely be bringing all our stock units with a 5 year. I have been told the website is under construction (a lot of change for 2011) and the new warranty will be posted as well.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Joe

And tell me (a Coast spa owner), in your opinion is the Coast brand sh1t as some here claim it to be or is it a good quality product which compares favourably to the rest of the top brands?

The funny thing is that any dealer who now sells Coast and has sold other brands over the years and been to those spa factories rate what Coast do as among the highest.

And tell me (a Coast spa owner), in your opinion is the Coast brand sh1t as some here claim it to be or is it a good quality product which compares favourably to the rest of the top brands?

The funny thing is that any dealer who now sells Coast and has sold other brands over the years and been to those spa factories rate what Coast do as among the highest.

Based on my experience with them so far, they have been a great company to work with as well as great tub to sell. We have had little to no issues in the field with the exception of our technicians disliking the massive weight of them! I have seen the factory and met just about everyone there and must say I am thoroughly impressed.

One of my first questions on here was "why do people dislike Coast Spas" and there was few to little reply to that with the exception of the people who just wanted to tell us (with no real evidence mind you) how terrible the tubs are. I understand years ago there was a problem with the Franklin pumps, which was admitted to and resolved (Coast Spas do not make Franklin pumps).. however there seems to be a fair amount of Coast Haters - why?

I find it also interesting how a lot of people want to rate them a mid-range Spa, can anyone tell me any reason for this as well?

Joe

.. however there seems to be a fair amount of Coast Haters - why?

There is one person in particular who responds about his "less than positive" experience with this brand but otherwise there aren't really many "Coast haters" here but then again before a couple months ago they weren't discussed very often here anyway.

There is one person in particular who responds about his "less than positive" experience with this brand but otherwise there aren't really many "Coast haters" here but then again before a couple months ago they weren't discussed very often here anyway.

Coast Spas is a Canadian manufacture so there isn't a lot of dealers in the USA compared to how many USA manufactures have dealers in their country. At the moment the Cdn. $$ is on par...that hurts to import and to manufacture product to ship to the USA.

Many hot tub dealers have jumped around to different manufactures...it comes down to what can i get for the price and after a few years of selling whatever brand, you find out if you get the support from your manufacture you expected.

Years ago you could be different from other brands...today most manufactures use Balboa or Gecko controls....waterways jets, synthetic cabinets, Sloan LED lites..tech tubing and so on.

Who rates the Spas to say that they are a 5-Star in the Consumer Guide.....the manufactures pay for that listing.

Heard that Coast Spas took away a dealership from a dealer that had been doing business for over 10+ yrs. and gave it to another dealer in the same town (2 weeks notice to take down the sign).

Same thing happened to another dealer in Sask. (just purchased the dealership 1 or 2 yrs. ago)and was told they could not sell Coast anymore...gave it to a bigger dealer in that town.

I realize there are 2 sides to every story but it shows that Coast Spas has no loyality to their dealers.

Coast Spas keeps their margins and doesn't give their product away like some other brands with less quality....at the end of the day we need good competitors to let the customer decide what's best for them.

You talking to me? I don't have a tub running right now. I have one sitting on it's side (it has 1x3 treated framework.) And another that is garbage (it has 2x4 treated framework.) Neither has a frame problem. One is 8 years old the other is 16. Ones a Cal the other is a Marquis.

no this thread is for the "footie" guy he is perty high on his coast and needs to look inside