Bubbles In A Hot Tub

dnjsdad

dnjsdad,

Soap in any spa is a bad thing. The slime left behind will cause you many days of continual cleaning.

On the other hand, if "Bubbles" is that nice girl from the gentlemen's club down by the airport, well, she doesn't normally harm the tub. ;)

srg

Bubbles from the club could leave behind a slime that will cause many days if continual cleaning as well. :D

Yes it sounds like an extremely stupid question.

Why is it so stupid? I have a jetted jacuzzi tub in my bathroom that bubbles are used in all the time, my kids likem and so does my wife. Other then cleaning will it cause any other problems with the pumps, jets, etc.?

Bubbles from the club could leave behind a slime that will cause many days if continual cleaning as well. :D

Why is it so stupid? I have a jetted jacuzzi tub in my bathroom that bubbles are used in all the time, my kids likem and so does my wife. Other then cleaning will it cause any other problems with the pumps, jets, etc.?

Paint-Silverfish-Dnjsdad you are simply unbelieveable, I don't think I can argue with that rational....comparing your bathtub to your hot tub is an interesting comparison to say the least. Ever notice how you drain the water every time you use the bathtub? Okay here is a scenario to ponder; Once you dump some bubble bath in your spa and have a good long bubble party how long and how much effort is going to be required to purge the soapy residue from all your plumbing, pumps and shell surfaces? How are your chemicals going to react with the soap? I think it would be not a wise move.

This may sound like a stupid question, however I want to know the answer so here it goes, will putting bubble bath in my new hot tub hurt it?

Thanks for your replys,

Dnjsdad

You may try putting some essential bath oil which can not only generate bubbles for you but also is good for your health(e.g: Chamomile - improve skin allergy, Lavender - body & mind relaxation, Eucalyptus - protect the upper respiratory system, etc.). That's what i use for my Spa. :)

You may email me if you need more information. Cheers.

xavier.lai@yahoo.co.uk

You ask "Why is it stupid?". My question is why don't you see the obvious difference between a bath tub with bubbles and a spa with bubbles? After you're done using your bath tub you drain the water and in effect get rid of the soap, short of some residue. With a spa all that soap stays in there because you keep the water in it for 3 to 6 months typically. I can guaranteee you one thing, if you add soap to your spa to create bubbles, your kids will have fun but you'll only do that once!!! I don't see any problems it will cause other than the bald spot you'll get from pulling your hair out trying to rid your spa of bubbles.