Fiber Optic Lights

wanttoswim

My pool is chosen, now for the little stuff. I can have either the fiber optic lights or LED. No extra charge for whichever I pick. I need to decide right away which one for my fiberglass swim spa. I have tried to find pictures on the net, but they don't really show me what this is. I understand that there are fiber strands that light flows through, but how does the lighting attach to the pool? I'm just ignorant of all the new stuff out there.

Anybody with opinions of which is the better in the long run, let me know. I want something that makes my giant bathtub look pretty at night, but I don't want it to break down. And I don't want it to leak.

Thanks for opinions.

My pool is chosen, now for the little stuff. I can have either the fiber optic lights or LED. No extra charge for whichever I pick. I need to decide right away which one for my fiberglass swim spa. I have tried to find pictures on the net, but they don't really show me what this is. I understand that there are fiber strands that light flows through, but how does the lighting attach to the pool? I'm just ignorant of all the new stuff out there.

Anybody with opinions of which is the better in the long run, let me know. I want something that makes my giant bathtub look pretty at night, but I don't want it to break down. And I don't want it to leak.

Thanks for opinions.

this is an option in the spa you are talking about?

this is an option in the spa you are talking about?

Yes, I can choose either one at no extra charge. I have never seen the fiber optic lights. All the colors sound like it could be kind of tacky. Remember, this pool is 9 x 17" only. The LED in the water would look nice at one end and would probably light up most of the pool. But I don't know how often the bulb needs to be changed, and also the fiber optic lights have been said to be safer. So I was just wanting opinions of which would look better. I do realize that right now fiber optic would be more "valuable" monetarily since either is free and these usually cost more, but I can't get a feel for how nice they would look.

Yes, I can choose either one at no extra charge. I have never seen the fiber optic lights. All the colors sound like it could be kind of tacky. Remember, this pool is 9 x 17" only. The LED in the water would look nice at one end and would probably light up most of the pool. But I don't know how often the bulb needs to be changed, and also the fiber optic lights have been said to be safer. So I was just wanting opinions of which would look better. I do realize that right now fiber optic would be more "valuable" monetarily since either is free and these usually cost more, but I can't get a feel for how nice they would look.

I hear you. I really like the LED in the water. It is simple, and flexible (color changing wise). I haven't seen the fiber optic lights in a spa, but I have seen it as an exterior deck lighting implementation. I think it is tacky, but I have not seen it in a tub. Try google, and do a search for images....might find a pic there....

I hear you. I really like the LED in the water. It is simple, and flexible (color changing wise). I haven't seen the fiber optic lights in a spa, but I have seen it as an exterior deck lighting implementation. I think it is tacky, but I have not seen it in a tub. Try google, and do a search for images....might find a pic there....

I have done a search and have found a lot of pictures. But I can't really "see" where the fiber optic lights are. If anyone knows of a good example on the net for me to see, let me know.