Circ Pump Run Time

Headnsouth

Circ pumps are typically hard-wired to run 24/7. I'm assuming your tub has an ozonator also - that being the case it will be connected in-line with the circ pump, which is another reason it needs to run 24/7.

The upside of this is that you can reduce the time period of your main pump cycles - if it's just you and your wife I'd begin with maybe 1 hour per day (2 x 30 mins), and closely monitior your water balance.

Circ pumps are typically hard-wired to run 24/7. I'm assuming your tub has an ozonator also - that being the case it will be connected in-line with the circ pump, which is another reason it needs to run 24/7.

The upside of this is that you can reduce the time period of your main pump cycles - if it's just you and your wife I'd begin with maybe 1 hour per day (2 x 30 mins), and closely monitior your water balance.

Yes, it does have an ozonator. Thanks for the info.

Just got our J480 and the #1 circ pump was set for a 24 hour run time. That was prolly just for startup to get the tub good and clean. Now that that's done was the suggested runtime? Its just my wife and I.

Suggestions?

I would need some clarification on this. Is it truely a circ pump or is it the jet pump set to circulate for 24 hours? That tub will come either way actualy, 24/7 circ pump or jet pump set to circulate and filter for up to 24 hrs a day. How many pumps does it have?

Just got our J480 and the #1 circ pump was set for a 24 hour run time. That was prolly just for startup to get the tub good and clean. Now that that's done was the suggested runtime? Its just my wife and I.

Suggestions?

I would need some clarification on this. Is it truely a circ pump or is it the jet pump set to circulate for 24 hours? That tub will come either way actualy, 24/7 circ pump or jet pump set to circulate and filter for up to 24 hrs a day. How many pumps does it have?

It has 3 pumps 1 circ and 2 jet.

Suggestions?

It has 3 pumps 1 circ and 2 jet.

In that case I would let it run for 24/7 to start. Then if you want to adjust it down you can but it's important to note that to little circulation with that pump may make your water more difficult to maintain.(jet pumps move upwards of 100 gallons per minute, circ pumps move around 5) Try setting it down to say 18-20 hours a day and make sure the timing is right for it to circulate for a minumum of 8 hours after your soak. If you live in a very cold climate maybe you want to leave it circulating for 24/7 during the winter months and then a bit less for spring and even less for times of low use. Your call. Whatever it takes to maintain clean and healthy water. What type of sanitizer you use will play a part in this also.

While I don't have the exact specifics on your tub as far as gallons moved with circ pump versus jet pump you get the idea. And ozone will help maintain water but is only available during circ pump run time.

Thanks for the info. I'm using monopersulfate as a sanitizer and have been very happy with the feel of the water.

After getting a little more familiar with the spa and its options I can set start/duration time for all 3 pumps. I will probably back down down on the circ pump run time and allow the primary pump to run in addition.

Thanks for the info. I'm using monopersulfate as a sanitizer and have been very happy with the feel of the water.

After getting a little more familiar with the spa and its options I can set start/duration time for all 3 pumps. I will probably back down down on the circ pump run time and allow the primary pump to run in addition.

There ya go, play with it so it is right for your needs at the lowest run time. Keep in mind that good feeling water and even crystal clear water is not neccesarily clean water. A sanitizer needs to be used and MPS is NOT a sanitizer. A tablespoon of chlorine WILL kill bacteria.

There ya go, play with it so it is right for your needs at the lowest run time. Keep in mind that good feeling water and even crystal clear water is not neccesarily clean water. A sanitizer needs to be used and MPS is NOT a sanitizer. A tablespoon of chlorine WILL kill bacteria.

I obviously have much to learn about water yet. Now I'm also using an ozanator and a mineral sanitizer. So I assume that'll take care of the bacteria?

Suggestions?

First off what year J-480? if you have a 2009 or older the information you are asking about will be found on page 38 under the heading of 12.0 Programming Instructions sub heading 12.1programming filter/circulation pump run time.you will also need to read up page43 13.1 cleaning the filter cartridges.If you have a 2010 or newer with the J-1000 type control's you need to start on page 64 13.5Programming the Primary filter Cycle then on to page 65 13.6 programming the secondary Filter cycle it will also help if you read page 56 12.3 setting the check filter Reminder.these tubs run best on the 24h setting Dont forget that JACUZZI has done all the test and research on what is the best for the system and you the user.

I obviously have much to learn about water yet. Now I'm also using an ozanator and a mineral sanitizer. So I assume that'll take care of the bacteria?

NO you will still need to use some type of sanitizer

No, O3, MPS and minerals will all be good things to help supplement your sanitizer. But you will need to choose one to use. Like I said a tbls of dichlor a couple times a week to go along with what your doing will insure sanitation. Get strips or better yet a re-agent test kit and use dichlor to get your chlorine level up to 5-8 PPM a couple times a week and you will know you killed the nasties. If the smell of chlorine bothers you just wait till it dissapates to soak and then add a tsp (teaspoon) after you soak to achieve a level of 2-3 PPM. By the next day it will be gone.

There are other methods of sanitation also but this one seemed to be the easiest for me and insured healthy water. We soaked a couple times a week and from initial fill we sanitized to 5-8 PPM chlorine. We used minerals, MPS and O3 to maintain clean water and simply added a tsp or 2 after each soak. If we didn't soak for a few days we never worried because the minerals and O3 took care of the water. About every 6-8 soaks I used 1-TBLS dichlor and 2-OZs of MPS to shock. Let that circulate on high for 10-20 minutes and in a day or so the chlorine was gone and viola!...clean SANITIZED water. In 15 years of tub ownership I never had a problem (except for after some parties!). This method however requires about 3-4 times a year water change. But, there's nothing like fresh water!

Don't panic, you bought the tub to relax. Water maintenence is a learned thing and it will come to you. Try not to become the water Nazi! But you will see how easy it becomes and routine once you figure out what works for you. The best way to figure it out is to take a long soak with your significant other with a bottle of wine and disscuss it.