Sundance Vs Hot Springs

Lindsey

I had a Sovereign HS for about 7 years then we moved. We now have not had a HT for about a year. We plan to change that come spring. We are doing our research again and getting prices for both SD & HS. We are looking at the CAMEO 09 (floor model) - and Sovereign 10' floor model. Vista is too $$$ and might consider the Envoy if price was right. I like the therapy end of it all and it has to have a lounge and seat 5 (with jets). Aria is out. So dealers go back and forth on why their spa is better... Now I want to see if I can get your opinion too. Esp those who repair them. ONE MORE THING. . . one of the floor models have the stone shell (upgrade 1 yr warranty) and my husband is concerned about it weathering in NE Ohio. It will be on a deck and have a pergola. So any help would be great. There is a home and garden show coming up and has it been anyone's experience that we should hold off until then and buy one from there. I just need to get a good deal on it. I do not like the SD won't hook up or give you the electric panel for it so that is a negative... I would just have him take that off the price...

THANK YOU!!!!

PRICING:

we are getting pricing for

Cameo 09 - stone side - chemicals 4mths - steps and std lift for 9200 out the door

Sovereign 10 - synthetic wood cabinet - lift and steps - chemicals - electrical panel - 8000 out the door

Vista 10 (same as above) - 11,200

Envoy 10 (same as above) 10,200.

Seems a little high being they are FLOOR models and last year models. HS also said they they didn't raise their price much from 09 to 10. Please let me know also if these prices are decent.... or where I should be pushing towards.

PRICING:

we are getting pricing for

Cameo 09 - stone side - chemicals 4mths - steps and std lift for 9200 out the door

Sovereign 10 - synthetic wood cabinet - lift and steps - chemicals - electrical panel - 8000 out the door

Vista 10 (same as above) - 11,200

Envoy 10 (same as above) 10,200.

Seems a little high being they are FLOOR models and last year models. HS also said they they didn't raise their price much from 09 to 10. Please let me know also if these prices are decent.... or where I should be pushing towards.

the Hot Spring pricing is decent...Sovereign for 8k w/ everything + delivery is very good, of course if your budget allows the Envoy gets you a bigger and deeper tub, 2 pumps, more jets, cool LED water feature (not that any decision should be based on a water feature) and will overall compare better to the Cameo. If the budget allows I would wet test both and base your decision on that as well as your overall "feel" for the dealer, meaning how are they going to treat you after the sale as far as service and support is concerned...good luck any other questions just ask

Both brands are very good, They have some similiar features... On the comment about not getting the electrical panel from the Sundance. One difference they have is the Sundance uses a standard 50/60 amp 4 wire system, HotSprings uses a 30 amp/ and a 20 amp system,, Sundance the filter is horizontal, I don't think a horizontal filter is the best for a hot tub, let alone any hydraulic system, But Hot Springs has all those filters...trade off??? But you cannot go wrong with either brand

No an expert, but my advice is to Wet Test and see which one feels best to you. I know there was a Sundance that I was ready to buy until I wet tested it and said no way. I ended up with a used Sundance Optima, and don't remember the one that I really did not care for. So pricing is important, but having it feel good to you is most important. I did have a Hot Springs when I lived in Colorado and really liked how it felt too, but the Sundance is much deeper which I like.

As SpaGuy said the Sundance uses a regular panel, which most 240V tubs can use. The HS panel is HS only. In the big picture the cost is not significant - probably around $150 including GFCI. Unless things have recently changed Sundance use a 3 wire system - two hot plus ground.

Both are good tubs - wet test to decide.

Just didn't like the look of the HS with the Moto Jets. We wet tested the Jacuzzi J-365, the Caldera Niagara and the Sundance Chelsee & Optima. IMO I thought the Caldera and both Sundances were much nicer than the Jacuzzi (jet feel is a major difference). During wet testing my wife and I really enjoyed the Foot jets on the Sundances, so the Caldera was eliminated (no foot jets). I'm 5'10 and the Chelsee depth did not feel right for some reason (I felt kind of cramped), so we are going with the Optima. This tub seems to offer all the things we are looking for, although it is also the most expensive.

Thanks for all the feedback! We did wet test the Sundance and I have to say the therapeutic end of it wasn't there for me. it didn't hit the muscles I needed. So I think it will be a HS. I really want to work on price though. I would love a larger tub than the Sov. and a 2009 or 10 to keep cost down. However it doesn't seem like I am getting the #s I should be getting (from what I have read in other posts).

SO in your opinion where should I be with a closing cost out the door with all the goodies! for the

1. Sov:

2. Envoy:

3. Vista: