Skin Rash!

lisaa

Do you have a full set of accurate test result of the pool water chemistry? Specifically, Free Chlorine (FC), Combined Chlorine (CC) pH, Total Alkalinity (TA), Calcium Hardness (CH) and Cyanuric Acid (CYA)? A Taylor K-2006 test kit would accurately measure all of these. I assume you are using chlorine. Tell us what sanitizer you are using and how it is being added to the pool.

The xx-100 Testkit (www.spam.not) is an excellent option for testing your pool water chemistry.

The Taylor K-2006 is a better choice because it has a better pH test and includes acid and base demand tests. The OTO test included with the TF-100 can be useful but an OTO testkit can be obtained readily and cheaply if it is desired.

Don't understand why you can name the Taylor K-2006 and I cannot name the TF-100 kit?

Don't know why you can't name the TF-100. I will check with the other mods and see what the problem is.

Then again, your post had nothing to do with the OP's question and did come across as a spam post, as it was your first post on the board. (And the Taylor K-2006 is the accepted "industry standard" for FAS-DPD test kits. LaMotte has only recently come out with their 7022 FAS-DPD kit.)

FWIW, I am the one who wrote the test kit comparison at TFP when I was a mod there and Sean owned the Board. (In fact, I was one of the original mods there when that board was started as a backup for PoolForum and modded until after the sale of the board to Dave. I remember when Jason was just a member with a pool).

I admit that that I did slant the comparison in favor of the TF-100 to help Dave get his new test kit business off the ground when he decided to create a kit that was a copy of the PS234 kit previouly sold by Ben Powell at PoolSolutions/PoolForum, but truth be told, the acid and base demands ARE useful tests and the pH test in the Taylor 2000 series of kits is more precise than the one in the 1000 series such as the K-1000 OTO/pH kit included in the TF-100.

I own 2 TF-100's myself in my arsenal of test kits and was one of Dave's "beta testers" for the kit when he first started selling test kits. Dave asked me for my input several times when he was first starting out, so I know the strengths and weaknesses of the TF-100 vs the K-2006 and I would have to recommend the K-2006 as a more useful kit, all things considered.

lisaa, sorry about the thread hijack. Chem geek's request for test results from a GOOD test kit and info on your sanitizer are the best place to start in finding an answer as to what might have cause your problem.

hi thanks for all your replies, there are some yellow wings and micro size insects in pool, can they be the reason for alergy and rash?

Once again, if you would post a full set of test results we will have a better idea what is going on in your pool. Many things can cause a rash and the first place to start is the test results.