First Hot Tub Jacuzzi 480 Or Artic Summit

DebbieM

Hi everyone, we are looking at purchasing our first ever hot tub, we have come across two that we like..

1. Jacuzzi 480 2010 model 48 jets we got a good deal $14431 tax incl This will include delivery, easy cover lifter, 2step ladder, floating deck, start up chemicals and a lead booster seat comes with 5yr warranty etc, and the dealer is in our home town. (Ontario Canada)

2. Artic spa Summit legend 2010 61 jets -comes with cover lifter, forever floor upgrade arctic ozone, northern lights and 2 cedar steps cost would be $13108.00 but we would have to build a floating deck approx $300. -the only down fall is it's cedar skirt we prefer no fuss exterior.

Not a lot of difference in price, I am looking for the best brand less headaches etc.. The jacuzzi does come with a stereo system /iPod dock and the arctic has nothing...

Your help is appreciated!!

DebbieM

Both are good brands, You might also check out the H20 SPas up there also they are out of Surrey Veru good line as well. On the styles the Jacuzzi is a Semi lounger and the Acrtic Summit has a no lounger to it, so that would be one difference, the other big difference i see is the Jacuzzi uses a low amp 24/7 circ pump Which means the main pump does not kick on for filter ccyles every 12 hours for 2 like the Arctic. with the 24/7 circ pump ozone will injected 24/7 again instead of only 4 hours, Both insulate tubs a little difference both will do a good job, the problem i have with a thermal chamber spa without a 24 hour circ pump is the main pump will have to run more ofte. to maintain the heat. I do not sell either of these brands but am familiar.I sell competing brands one fully insulated and one thermal chamber.I am not a fan of cedar skirting i like the maintenance free stuff. The Arctic make a good spa but i noticed that the Summit seats are very narrow . not open seating concept.... But try both of them out you will know when you find the right spa. Also you have to be comfortable with the dealer you purchase the spa from......Hope this helps

DebbieM

Both are good brands, You might also check out the H20 SPas up there also they are out of Surrey Veru good line as well. On the styles the Jacuzzi is a Semi lounger and the Acrtic Summit has a no lounger to it, so that would be one difference, the other big difference i see is the Jacuzzi uses a low amp 24/7 circ pump Which means the main pump does not kick on for filter ccyles every 12 hours for 2 like the Arctic. with the 24/7 circ pump ozone will injected 24/7 again instead of only 4 hours, Both insulate tubs a little difference both will do a good job, the problem i have with a thermal chamber spa without a 24 hour circ pump is the main pump will have to run more ofte. to maintain the heat. I do not sell either of these brands but am familiar.I sell competing brands one fully insulated and one thermal chamber.I am not a fan of cedar skirting i like the maintenance free stuff. The Arctic make a good spa but i noticed that the Summit seats are very narrow . not open seating concept.... But try both of them out you will know when you find the right spa. Also you have to be comfortable with the dealer you purchase the spa from......Hope this helps

The summitt seats are FAR from narrow. Those seats are wide enough for the largest of people. Its a very comfortable spa and I would be hard pressed to find a seating arrangement more comfortable than a summitt. Also, as far as the filtration goes, take a look at how big that circulation pump is compared to a wetend on a filtration pump of an Arctic, how much water does it really move when its on ALL the time. The Arctic filtration pump moves much more water at a much quicker rate. There is a reason the circulation pumps that many manufacturers install has to run all day. The Arctic filtration runs longer than four hours a day I might add. Its customizable to your needs. Also, many thermal pane spas DO have to have their heaters run longer to maintain heat, but not Arctics with how well they do insulate. Other thermal panes dont insulate as well, and this has been spoken about on here several times. Also the summitt has a stereo option with the Aquatremor, you might ask the dealer to demonstrate this as its well worth the upgrade. BTW, both Jacuzzi and Arctic are excellent choices for spas. You have narrowed it down well.

Thank you both for replying. Yes we were looking for a lounger, but didn't like any of the Artic ones and preferred the Summit as it did have a spot to massage the feet area..

There are more options on the Jacuzzi and I think this is the one my husband and I prefer..

But just not sure on the structure itself and the full foam fill?

This is a lot of money to dish out and if there are any problems I'm hoping we will not have a problem with warranty etc..

I did try searching for the h20 spas but don't see any dealers in our area, live in Mississauga, Ontario..

Ohh we are looking to buy the floor clearance, it seems this is the time to buy the floor models as they want to start bringing in the 2011 models, so I don't have much options on getting upgrades etc..

Thanks again for your help.

I have purchased the Arctic Summit just before Christmas. I can tell you I am extremely happy with it. Love the seating arrangement. Captains chairs are of different heights and widths and each one has a unique jetting configuration. The open seating arrangement is very versatile and I do like that option for many different seating positions. If a lounger is important to you, I would wet test as I found that I floated out of them and did not like them. Each person has different comfort requirements so it is important to find what is best for you. Cannot comment on the Jacuzzi as their nearest dealer was too far away from me, although the research I did online looked like a very good tub.

Dealer support and proximity to your location is very important also. Good luck with your search.

DebbieM

The summitt seats are FAR from narrow. Those seats are wide enough for the largest of people. Its a very comfortable spa and I would be hard pressed to find a seating arrangement more comfortable than a summitt. Also, as far as the filtration goes, take a look at how big that circulation pump is compared to a wetend on a filtration pump of an Arctic, how much water does it really move when its on ALL the time. The Arctic filtration pump moves much more water at a much quicker rate. There is a reason the circulation pumps that many manufacturers install has to run all day. The Arctic filtration runs longer than four hours a day I might add. Its customizable to your needs. Also, many thermal pane spas DO have to have their heaters run longer to maintain heat, but not Arctics with how well they do insulate. Other thermal panes dont insulate as well, and this has been spoken about on here several times. Also the summitt has a stereo option with the Aquatremor, you might ask the dealer to demonstrate this as its well worth the upgrade. BTW, both Jacuzzi and Arctic are excellent choices for spas. You have narrowed it down well.

Slowly filtering the water all day via a circ pump is more efficient, and arguably better for water maintenance, than periodic bursts of rapid filtration for a few hours a day. A circ pump is typically rated at 75 watts, whereas a main pump may be rated at 2,000 watts - not rocket science to figure out which one is cheapest to operate. It will always be more efficient to move a given amount of water (or any other liquid for that matter) slowly over longer periods of time than in quick bursts due to lower frictional losses.

As for moving MORE water with a main pump yes, this is true, however if a circ pump moving 'X' amount of water each day is enough to maintain clean, balanced water, then moving 2X or 3X water will achieve absolutely nothing other than pushing water around for no good reason, but more importantly pushing your electric bill up accordingly.

So we went hot tub shopping again today and tried sundance Maxxus 2010.. Omg we are sold! I hope... Now this is fully loaded stereo etc and comes with 5 pumps etc warranty is even better on everything including jets.. Anyone have any experience with them? For the floor model will be $14,700. Tax incl cad this will include the easy lift cover, two lead pillows, start up kit, easy drain etc.. Is that a good deal? Also comes with cd ozone..

Thank you all for all your help..

We are going to test this on Tuesday so fingers crossed..

So we went hot tub shopping again today and tried sundance Maxxus 2010.. Omg we are sold! I hope... Now this is fully loaded stereo etc and comes with 5 pumps etc warranty is even better on everything including jets.. Anyone have any experience with them? For the floor model will be $14,700. Tax incl cad this will include the easy lift cover, two lead pillows, start up kit, easy drain etc.. Is that a good deal? Also comes with cd ozone..

We looked at the Sundance models also and went with the J480. One of the things that we preferred over the sundance was the waterfall that runs without the circ pumps and its height. No noise just cascading water. Also the jacuzzi has a lighted/raised foot dome. Pretty sure the warranty's are the same with jacuzzi and sundance. They are both owned by Jacuzzi.

We looked at the Sundance models also and went with the J480. One of the things that we preferred over the sundance was the waterfall that runs without the circ pumps and its height. No noise just cascading water. Also the jacuzzi has a lighted/raised foot dome. Pretty sure the warranty's are the same with jacuzzi and sundance. They are both owned by Jacuzzi.

We looked at & wet tested a Jacuzzi J365, a Caldera Niagara and a Sundance Chelsee & Optima. All were very nice, but the thing that sold on the Optima was the comfort & depth of seating and the foot jets. Before wet testing I did not think the foot jets were important, but trust me they feel great. We placed a deposit on a floor model Optima w/ Stereo, Cover, Cover Lift, Steps, Ozone, Chemicals, Delivery and Set-up for $11,000 US.

Hi everyone, we are looking at purchasing our first ever hot tub, we have come across two that we like..

1. Jacuzzi 480 2010 model 48 jets we got a good deal $14431 tax incl This will include delivery, easy cover lifter, 2step ladder, floating deck, start up chemicals and a lead booster seat comes with 5yr warranty etc, and the dealer is in our home town. (Ontario Canada)

2. Artic spa Summit legend 2010 61 jets -comes with cover lifter, forever floor upgrade arctic ozone, northern lights and 2 cedar steps cost would be $13108.00 but we would have to build a floating deck approx $300. -the only down fall is it's cedar skirt we prefer no fuss exterior.

Not a lot of difference in price, I am looking for the best brand less headaches etc.. The jacuzzi does come with a stereo system /iPod dock and the arctic has nothing...

Your help is appreciated!!

I had a similar decision a bit over a year ago and went with an Arctic Spa Yukon (over a Jacuzzi brand) -- but I'll tell ya, Debbie, the quality of the two products were so good, that decision wasn't easy. Also making the decision difficult were two very good dealers that I had a lot of confidence in.

We went with the Arctic - it was more money - but also we took the "Onzen" system, advanced technology. And it was the latest generation, and Arctic got over a lot of the problems that had been documented (jets popping out, problems w/Onzen, etc., all over with now.). We had ours special-ordered from Thorsby. We have had it for a year - we love it.

After all the snow we had here in Eastern Mass. today -- I shoveled and shoveled and shoveled and also ran my snowblower -- yeah it's 30F (-1C) but a 20 minute soak in the hot tub -- phenomenal.

Good luck - I can't tell you which way to go, but you probably won't go wrong EITHER way.

Thank you everyone for all your help. We are now proud owners of the Sundance Maxxus, we are having it installed Wednesday so excited cannot wait. We ended up wet testing and loved all the features, the jets are amazing feels like someone is massaging you. Cannot wait to try it outside..

Hopefully everything goes ok with the install and we don't have any problems.. We ended up getting a good deal $14,000 cad including cover, lifter, dely setup and chemicals and taxes included..

Thanks again for everyones input!!!

Thank you everyone for all your help. We are now proud owners of the Sundance Maxxus, we are having it installed Wednesday so excited cannot wait. We ended up wet testing and loved all the features, the jets are amazing feels like someone is massaging you. Cannot wait to try it outside..

Hopefully everything goes ok with the install and we don't have any problems.. We ended up getting a good deal $14,000 cad including cover, lifter, dely setup and chemicals and taxes included..

Congrats on your new HT!! We had ours installed on Friday and have been in it a couple of times already. Enjoy!!:D

Good for you! You'll enjoy it, and, I might add -- you did your homework, which is essential in this process. Congratulations and may you and yours have many happy soaking, relaxing hours!

Good for you! You'll enjoy it, and, I might add -- you did your homework, which is essential in this process. Congratulations and may you and yours have many happy soaking, relaxing hours!