Anybody Else Like Hot Tub In Snow?

JimKW

Last night when I got home I got in the Hot Tub while it was snowing. I did have a tossle cap on, but wish I would have put a cap with a bill on it instead. I wear glasses and hate when they get wet. It was pretty cool though to sit in hot water while it snowed on me. When I got out there was snow in my shoes. Didn't care much for that and my robe and towel were snow covered.

It's snowing pretty good right now, so I think I will go try it again with a different hat. I do not like it when it's windy and cold, but it looks pretty calm right now.

love the snoe, first, i dont take a towel out, my body is warm enough that when i get out the snow feels good on it, use rubber flip flops, set them on your steps, then just rinse the snow off them before getting out(if they are not dirty!). i have not found a cure for the glasses yet, i just keep dipping them in the water as they fog up so i can see. i also let the snow pile on my head, my tub is deep so that is all that sticks out, and it does not get me cold for some reason, actually helps keep me from overheating.

Snowing is one of my favorite times to hit the tub- I never take a towel out anyway, so that's not an issue, just flip flops like Hillbilly. I'm a fan of the 'polar bear' experience (despite the extra upkeep that comes with it) of jumping in the snow, doing a little roll, then hopping back in the hot tub (we get deep snow). It's not for everyone (weak hearts avoid) but its' a blast and a heckuva rush!

A night with no wind and a hard snow is a great hot tub experience!

Does anyone like it? A better question would be is there anyone that doesn't. As for the towel, I leave mine inside the door and pick it up on the way in. My tub is about a good 2 steps from the door anyway, so I see no reason to leave it out in the cold or wet. My glasses stay in the house to. I don't wear my glasses when I soak or swim and I've never been in my spa with a hat on. What is it that everyone is looking at when they are in the spa anyway? I really never had any need for my glasses when I'm soaking in the spa and I can't see worth a crap without them. My vision is good enough to see to the other side of the tub, and that's all I ever needed, so the galsses stay in the house.

Same here - I get a ton of snow each winter, have to regularly shovel deck to clear path to hot tub. Like iced says there's nothing better then getting warmed up in the tub, then rolling around in the snow for a few seconds, and getting back in again - amazing tingling sensation!

I do wear a woolly hat if it's windy out.

We will be trying this out in about an hour if it is still snowing. My wife has said she dreamed about sitting in the hot tub while it snowed and I think she has done this once already but I didn't have the time to soak with her. I will mention the rolling in the snow thing to her but that is NOT for me. I will try to convince her to try it though. lol

Other than shovelling a path to the hot tub it sounds like the perfect time to go iIN a hot tub with snow falling though. We will at least have snow on the ground so that alone will add to the ambiance IMO.

What is it that everyone is looking at when they are in the spa anyway?

When the sky is clear its relaxing to look at the stars. I dont have the problem with glasses steaming up I wear contact lenses :D

Back to the original question we love going in when its snowing and we have tried what Mikey has done but over do it and that tingling

sensation becomes more like a stinging sensation.

I rarely get in the hot tub more than once a day, but been it three times in the past 24 hours and may get in again.

I will never forget one time when we were in Glenwood Spring, Co soaking in natures Hot Spas. My son, who was a teenager at the time, got out of the hot water while it was snowing and went and laid down in the stream of freezing cold water and then ran back into the hot water area. I think I'm past the age where I'm going to lay down in the snow and get back in the tub and I know my wife won't.

I can get in mine no matter how cold it is as long as it not too windy. Normally the wind comes from the west though and the house blocks it to some extent so you don't get it real bad.

I wear my glasses any time I'm not in bed, even swimming. 90% of the time it's dark whem I'm in the hot tub and I love looking at the stars and counting planes in the ski.

Did try the flip flops the 2nd time I got in today. Played hell getting them on and damn near fell out of the tub trying to get them on while standing in the tub. Now that would have been funny.

While is is snowing or has snowed lots is the best! I shovel a path to the tub, use no towels & only take out my fleece lined crocs and maybe a beer. Just came in a while ago and may go out again before bed.

Hot tubs are made for the winter. I can not figure out why some don't use them during the winter months.

Tubbin in the winter is the best. Just came in from a 2 hour tub. Temperature is a balmy -23 celcius (-9 farenheit). Hair freezes into a nice helmut. Have music piped into the deck and the drinks are always flowing. It is so relaxing. My tub sits on a bottom walkout slab with a roof over it and open sides so the snow does not fall on me directly, but you are definately out it the winter elements. Have had a 2 day blizzard so I was waiting impatiently for the wind to stop to get out there, but the wait was worth it. The tub sits about 10 steps from the door so you are in and out pretty quick. The only problem I had was the beer was freezing so you had to submerge it every 20 minutes or so, minor inconvenience I guess.

Tubbing in the snow is a blast. It seems like such a decadent pleasure when you're doing it. Over the years I have done it at ski resorts and spent one memorable Xmas Eve (before kids) in a natural hot spring that we backpacked to in Olympic National Park that was otherwise deserted. Doing it in the back yard is no less fun and just one more reason to look forward to snow.

I have an outdoor covered area next to the tub which is open to the sky so we have a protected place to leave robes and towels which get cold (not a problem) but stay dry. If you are really bothered by the cold snowy towels maybe you could take a large cooler out with you and slip your stuff in there. Putting in a couple of milk jugs filled with hot water could help keep them warm. But even when it is below freezing I am so warm when I get out that I like to cool off a bit and the towel and robe feel good. On the other hand, if it is one of the rare times that I am wearing a swimming suit for some reason I gotta get that thing off immediately before it feels like a sheet of ice wrapped around me.

Tubbin in the winter is the best. Just came in from a 2 hour tub. Temperature is a balmy -23 celcius (-9 farenheit). Hair freezes into a nice helmut. Have music piped into the deck and the drinks are always flowing. It is so relaxing. My tub sits on a bottom walkout slab with a roof over it and open sides so the snow does not fall on me directly, but you are definately out it the winter elements. Have had a 2 day blizzard so I was waiting impatiently for the wind to stop to get out there, but the wait was worth it. The tub sits about 10 steps from the door so you are in and out pretty quick. The only problem I had was the beer was freezing so you had to submerge it every 20 minutes or so, minor inconvenience I guess.

Hey drylandfarmer, We have a very similar set up, 10 foot over-roof; all juniper wood framed and blue pine 1x6 tongue and groove sheeting under a metal roof, open on all 4 sides, on a slate slab step down from our deck.

My most favorite time in the tub is during a snow storm or just a winter night. We often don't turn on any lights or even the jets. The deer are walking around looking for food and if it is clear (we are a mile high) the stars are unbelieveable, lots of planes, and shooting stars seen. Best way to relax! :D