Hotspring Sovereign Blinking Power And Ready Lights

seabright_sc

At my friends cabin for x-mas. We filled up his tub and all was aok for about a day. Then we heard the circ. pump gurgle/strain... not sure how long that was going on for. We turned on the jets for a clean cycle, powered it on/off and it appeared to be fine. We came back a couple of hours later and the lights were blinking again, the circ pump was not operating. Jets and lights work.

I believe there may be an air lock or obstruction. I remember this once happened to and hot tub and I ran water through the filter stem(?) to unblock it. But I don't remember the procedure.

My friend is coming up on the 26th, so I'm hoping to resolve the problem so he'll have a nice hot tub to relax in. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Update.... With garden hose I pushed water through filter stem. Still no bubbles or circ. pump operation. I also momentarily unhooked both hoses leading to circ. pump. Water came out. Reconnected. Powered back up. I still get the blinking lights but now I could hear the circ pump straining to operate. sounds like it's sputtering. Still blinking lights and no air bubbles coming through the bottom vent where the circ pump normally does. What gives?

Taking the filters out didn't help. Jiggling the circ. pump around actually got it to kick in for a bit, but after a while the pump would stop operating and the lights would blink again. Powering on and off got it to kick in for a bit too. But even if the circ. pump started working, it always stopped with blink lights after a short while. Sticking a hose and forcing water down the filter shaft didn't work either.