Pool/spa Control Box Not Working Properly

Topper

I am looking for some advise about our Hayward 3Z62 control box.

The wireless remote stopped working this past summer (5 yrs old). The batteries were non-replaceable so we had to throw it out. Anyway, that remote was the only way that we had to turn the spa blower on. After throwing it out I tried every button on the control box but could not get the blower to turn on. I replaced the fuse but I still couldn't get the blower to turn on.

I am not electrically savvy so I called a repairman. The repairman tested the electric current where the blower was attached and he said it was only supplying 110v and the blower was 220v ??? It was working last year so I do not understand what could have happened to the control box...??? The repairman moved the electrical wires from the "blower" spot to the "pool cleaner pump" spot which was not being used and was supplying 220v.

The blower stared working again. Now, the blower is assigned to aux1.

Here is the rub: On the control box, My "pool/spa lights" button stopped working and the button assigned to "spa" stopped working too. Some of the buttons still work, like the "heater" button.

Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks...

The model number you list "3z62" is not a Hayward number, so it's hard to say for sure. It sounds as though some of the components may have failed, which isn't uncommon as everything fails eventually. Sometimes the keypad fails, which would explain why some buttons work & others don't. You may be able to replace the keypad, but it's important to use a technician that is familiar with the product you have. If you can get a good model # or post a pic of the control box, we might be able to offer more suggestions.

The 3z62 is a UL number, not the Hayward number. The controller you have was a PSC2100 control system, parts for which are now mostly obsolete. From previous inquiries by myself & a few colleagues, there are very few, if any, parts remaining. What part of the country do you live in? Perhaps one of our members can direct you to a local service company with parts.

This system was unique in some respects as it was built by Balboa for Hayward and Balboa uses proprietary designs. Balboa has refused help on replacement parts inquiries as well, even though they sold the unit under a different name thru Balboa. If the buttons have stopped working, you'll probably need a new keypad. The blower was turned on with the spa remote, but you could also turn it on via the indoor remote, but since you've moved it to aux1, that works as well. I wish I had better news, but post your location and someone may be able to direct you to a local source who has a few parts.