Walmart pool..problems? History?

Guest Sheri

My sister-in-law got one of those blue blow up pools, the big ones that everyone seems to be getting? Well, their motor went bad and it would be almost the cost of a new pool to replace it. Is this a common problem with these pools?? What is the next best type of pool for her? We have a big agp and I know she would love to have one. I'd like to steer her to something at least semi-close to affordable and yet relaible. Any help greatly appreciated!!!!

If its one of those wal-mart aqual leisure easy-set pools, tell her to call up aqua-leisure and they'll send her a new water pump for free. That's what they did for us. The motor burned out because the thing that sucks water in got stopped up by the stopper. :S

Yep, they do quit quite often. Also, the filters dont last long either and they are hard to find as walmart/kmart/etc run out of them and dont bother to restock.

Initially these seemed like a good deal, but all the ones who bought them in neighborhoods around me have put them on the curb for trash pick up this year.

Guest veronica

The filter pumps on these pools are covered by a one year warranty according to the company. The pool itself is covered for only 6 months. The company replaced our pool as it developed a rip in the seam. So if you have a problem with the pool, contact the company and if it is within the warranty period, you should have no problems. If it is beyond the warranty time however, they will not replace it. I have had no luck what so ever with these pools. I have had problems in every area with them. If you want a pool that is going to last for more than one season, invest in a "real" above ground pool. The Easy Set pools are one season pools.

Where would be the best online place for them to look for the cheapest, yet most reliable ag pool? I'd like to give them a brand to look for. Something smaller and lower cost, but reliable because they live in PA.

Call your local pool stores. Unless you plan to do the install yourself, thats the only way youll save money. Buying a pool on the internet is risky business. It may look good in the photo, but you cant touch, see, feel the quality, etc. Buy local, and save the net for things like accessories, chemicals, etc.

Guest Dana Edwards

Our 18' Easy Set we bought at Wal-mart last year has gotten us through two seasons thus far here in Raleigh, NC (it's the one that actually has a real ladder with a platform on top!). No leaks, no holes in the ring, therefore no patches needed thus far. I even left the pool outside over the winter unfilled. Pump also works just as good as the day we bought it. My family loves it too. It's more than paid for itself. If you can't upgrade, I don't see any problem with Wal-mart's pools. I've also read a lot of good things (and some bad, of course) on here about them. In particular, check this thread out: http://www.poolsearch.com/forum/read.php?f=5&i=1900&t=418

As far as the pump goes, the one that comes with the pool is a 2000gal/hr, which is barely sufficient for the size pool I have. The best type of pump for my pool would be a 5000gal/hr model, which will probably run about $300, but it may be worth it in the long run. If the pool becomes defective, just order another one as they're not that expensive, but you should be able to keep the pump around for years.

Guest brian wheeler

I purchased a new 18' round pool 7 weeks ago and set it up.The problem i'am having with it is two rhings.1-- the pump does not seem to be circulating the water around the pool the way it should.It is very weak on the suction & discharge side. Is there another pump that would work better ?.2 when we purcased this pool i asked for the right set-up kit.They told me to buy the one in the Yellow box,which we did.Now i find out this is not the right kit.Plz.help me out with these problems.Thank you,Brian wheeler