Do I Need Chemicals In A Toy Pool?

4lex

Ok, I will attempt to write a better post for the OP.

You will need the following.

(1) Basic 3-way test kit that can do chlorine, pH and alkalinity.

(1) 1-pound (454 grams) dichlor.

(1) Gallon (3.8 liters) of regular, unscented 6 % bleach or 12 % liquid chlorine.

Every night after all swimming, measure the chlorine and pH.

If the pH is between 7.2 and 7.6, then add the following amount of either 6 % bleach or liquid chlorine:

Chlorine reading............6 % bleach............ 12 % liquid chlorine

.........0...........................8 oz. (240 ml)..............4 oz (120 ml)

.........1...........................6 oz (180 ml)...............3 oz (90 ml)

.........2..........................4 oz (120 ml)................2 oz (60 ml)

.........3..........................2 oz (60 ml)..................1 oz (30 ml)

If the pH is between 7.7 and 8.0, then add the following amount of dichlor:

Chlorine reading..............dichlor

..........0.............................1.00 oz (28 grams)

..........1.............................0.75 oz (21 grams)

..........2.............................0.50 oz (14 grams)

..........3.............................0.25 oz (7 grams)

Measure the alkalinity and post that when you get a chance. If the pH is below 7.2 or above 8.0 then post back for further instructions. If your chlorine is zero at the end of each day, then increase the amounts of chlorine to be added by 25 %. Use only a maximum cumulative total of 13 ounces (369 grams) of dichlor. After using a cumulative total of 369 grams of dichlor use only bleach or liquid chlorine.

This isn't going to work either... You're attempting to write a solution only if the OP has what you require. Sometimes we don't get that luxury. Your first line says: "You will need the following" What if your criteria cannot be met? You need to make that assumption first, and give him a possible solution needing the least amount of tools,test kit, chems, etc.

In this case, i really think less is more.

Simplify, how much Cl would YOU put in? If you got no other info except that there is no chems in the pool now, and the size. Shoot from the hip, without going to another web site, or answering with schedules, lists, graphs, etc. In your own words. How much should Alex put in? Having experience that stretches far beyond mine, this should be easy.

Here, I'll be Alex:

The only thing in the pool right now is tap water, 1 week old.

All i got is this gallon of Bleach (my wifes).

Wal-Mart is sixty miles away, and i cant go and get anything else. Trucks got a flat, thats why i'm home sitting in this pool, drinking Kool-Aid.

Whats a test kit? I don't think i have one.

GO.

My most recent post is my answer in my own words. I did not get the information from any other source. I only require three things that should be fairly easy to get.

A swimming pool is a luxury. If someone does not have access to basic supplies, then perhaps a swimming pool should not be on the top of their priority list. If the person does not have even basic transportation, then why are they buying a pool? What happens when they need food or need to get to a doctor?

If he can get a swimming pool, then he can get the things I suggest from the same place. I need certain tools to do my job properly. There is no need to compromise on that.

I give exact amounts of chemicals to add based on the test results. That's as easy as it's going to get.